Who's going to be the next coach for the Devils?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bruce Boudreau

This needs to be the correct answer here.

If the Devils don't make the playoffs then fine f*** it. But under Boudreau's winning direction they might convince Taylor Hall to stick around and from that point on I'd say they're a wild card team. You buy another year for Hughes to bloom (and he will people relax... didn't it take McDavid like 6 friggin games to even score his first goal?) and a stacked front end with Subban at the back.

Just figure out the situation in net and they'll be fine with Boudreau as coach. I don't know if they're gonna win a Cup right away but Shero is one of the most underrated GM's in the league and that guy will get the pieces the Devils need to win. Right now they just don't have a coach worth a shit. Get Boudreau on board and pray Hall stays and that team has a shot.

Meanwhile if I'm Shero I'd phone the Panthers and ask what they want for Spencer Knight because God knows he's not gonna get a sniff until Bobrovsky sees his way out. Maybe not that particular move... but that's the kind of thinking the Devils are gonna need soon.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
If I'm Ray Shero, here's what I'll do:

1. Let Hall walk
2. Claim that it's all about loyalty
3. Get fired after a horrendous 3-12-0 record to start the season
4. Never get employed again

Solid plan, ask anyone! Well, not anyone, but Jarmo Kekalainen.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If I'm Ray Shero, here's what I'll do:

1. Let Hall walk
2. Claim that it's all about loyalty
3. Get fired after a horrendous 3-12-0 record to start the season
4. Never get employed again

Solid plan, ask anyone! Well, not anyone, but Jarmo Kekalainen.

That might just be what Shero does. He is blindly loyal to his coaches.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's easy for people to puff their chests out and say I told you so 3 games into the season. How about you let the season play out a bit before making a claim that may make you look silly in the future.
We literally sat through an entire offseason of them being overhyped....

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
We literally sat through an entire offseason of them being overhyped....
Oh you literally did? And most people said they would be a bubble team, how exactly is that overhyped? Unless you really expect them to finish in the bottom 5, then that's a different story. Let the season play out a bit before making any judgements. The Devils started 4-0 last season. How did that work out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad