Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Who the idiot that hit him. I would imagine he is now on our list to give a contract to next year.
Haha yea probably. Benn rocked him in the NHL and it happens but its more of a “keep your head up kid” and within the rules.
The AHL has too many headhunters that cross the line to hit a guy like Clarke.

Reactions: funky

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
They need to get Clarke and Turcotte out of the AHL or both will be on ltir before a quarter of the season is over

Too many plugs trying to make a name

What’s really sad is that league has been like that for a long time.

Robitaille and Blake never played a game in the AHL/IHL. I wonder if the results are different for either one if the organization back then had an “only the Lemieux’s of the world don’t need time in the minors” organizational philosophy.

I wanted Turcotte traded for years because I thought he was overrated and his trade value exceeded his actual value. Now I want him traded so he can go somewhere that he can be properly deployed in the NHL. Simply no reason for a player nearing 23 years old, who was taken with a top 5 pick over 4 years ago who is ready to be in the NHL fulltime to still be in the AHL. It’s awful asset value and it has to be awful for morale (which is what I said about Bjornfot last year). This is close to a million a year these guys get denied by being in the AHL instead of the NHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
A guy trying to punch his ticket to continue playing hockey in NA who can make a name for himself by plastering the mouthy hotshot prospect on his team's rival

AKA exactly why Turcotte and clarke need to be the f*** out of there

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
That is 100% Clarke’s fault. Pretty lazy retrieval, has plenty of time but doesn’t bother to look up. It’s dirty no doubt, but he’s not going to last long doing shit like that. In any pro league.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
That is 100% Clarke’s fault. Pretty lazy retrieval, has plenty of time but doesn’t bother to look up. It’s dirty no doubt, but he’s not going to last long doing shit like that. In any pro league.
If it’s dirty it can’t be 100% Clarke’s fault… just saying.

Reactions: ru4reals

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If it’s dirty it can’t be 100% Clarke’s fault… just saying.
I think the point is that Clarke wasn't showing awareness of his surroundings where he may have been able to avoid the hit. At least that's my interpretation.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I understand the point completely. I can write detailed essay on positional awareness. I’m not having 100% though because that absolves the player making the hit of any responsibility.

Clarke needs to learn from it most certainly.

Reactions: Maynard

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
It's not Clarke's fault, but I don't understand the sentiment that headshots are an AHL thing. We've seen plenty of headshots in the NHL. Clarke needs to be more situation aware, and everyone in the league needs to actively avoid bonking somebody in the head during a hit.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's not Clarke's fault, but I don't understand the sentiment that headshots are an AHL thing. We've seen plenty of headshots in the NHL. Clarke needs to be more situation aware, and everyone in the league needs to actively avoid bonking somebody in the head during a hit.
There's a higher volume of unskilled players, whether it's actual hockey skills or hitting skills, where dangerous hits happen.

Yes, headshots and other bad hits occur everywhere, but you see better hits executed at the higher level more often than not. And they're not by someone trying to win a roster spot or a promotion to the NHL.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Reign won 3-2.

1. Ward from Maltsev
2. Chromiak from Hudon and Santini
3. Tynan from Clarke and Thomas

Rittich made 31 saves.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad