Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Seems likely the Kings will send Turcotte and Clarke back down tomorrow to play in the Reign opening game, probably promote Spence, Kaliyev and Laferriere at points this weekend as the CAP games continue. Reign play Friday and Sunday.
One day, I’ll get used to all these transactions and not read too much into them. Just not yet there. :DD

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
AHLtv is free for this weekend 13-15. If you have an account already you can just sign in and watch. If not sign up and watch the two games this weekend for free.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Still cannot get any First Unit PP time. I just don't get this organization. This is the time to put him in major rolls but Hudon, Tynan, journeyman AHLers are put in front of him. Pathetic.
Yeah, guess he hasn't "earned" it yet by this time. So nice to have a top line consist of top zero Kings prospects. Hudon - Tynan - Ward.

Pinelli on the 4th line with Helenius.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, guess he hasn't "earned" it yet by this time. So nice to have a top line consist of top zero Kings prospects. Hudon - Tynan - Ward.

Pinelli on the 4th line with Helenius.
LOL I was just going to mention Pinelli. He's arguably the most talented offensive player on the Reign but buried on the fourth line. No words.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Down 3-0. Can't really say any of the goals were his fault, especially with one of them being kicked in.

Clarke is really the only one consistently generating offense. Turcotte's been good too, though.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Gonna be a looong season for the Reign. Someone needs to tell Tynan it's okay to shoot.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If you can't give top 6 minutes and PP time to top prospects in the damn AHL, what the hell are you even doing as an organization? Winning in the f'n AHL is a billion times less important than developing your best prospects for the NHL. I don't have a problem with having the likes of Tynan on the top line, but he needs to have two kids with him, not warm AHL bodies. I swear, they try and stack the deck against these kids they draft

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If you can't give top 6 minutes and PP time to top prospects in the damn AHL, what the hell are you even doing as an organization? Winning in the f'n AHL is a billion times less important than developing your best prospects for the NHL. I don't have a problem with having the likes of Tynan on the top line, but he needs to have two kids with him, not warm AHL bodies. I swear, they try and stack the deck against these kids they draft
It's pretty unconscionable at this point. Top line was Hudon - Tynan - Ward

And Portillo didn't start. So, they aren't even using their development league to develop the pieces they have.

Clarke got meaningful minutes, but beyond that, it was like the NHL where they expect the vets and older players to carry the team to success. Hudon must have had 5 missed shots on the powerplay himself. He was awful.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m lost to rationalise it. Sure on the big team I can see the argument to trust/favour vets even if I don’t always agree with it. However on the Reign it makes zero sense to me. None. I couldn’t even play devils advocate on this one, which I often do on the various debates we have.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
First PP-unit was Tynan-Thomas-Hudon-Chromiak-Clarke, second Turcotte-Maltsev-Ward-Madden-Hicketts. I think both units got pretty much same icetime (expect Tynan, who has too long shifts).

Clarke was good, but Reign's best player was by far Mikhail Maltsev, who rightfully scored their only goal. I hope Nousiainen gets some icetime and it's hard to belive that he is worse than Connauton or Krygier.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
First PP-unit was Tynan-Thomas-Hudon-Chromiak-Clarke, second Turcotte-Maltsev-Ward-Madden-Hicketts. I think both units got pretty much same icetime (expect Tynan, who has too long shifts).

Clarke was good, but Reign's best player was by far Mikhail Maltsev, who rightfully scored their only goal. I hope Nousiainen gets some icetime and it's hard to belive that he is worse than Connauton or Krygier.
I agree with you that Mikhail Maltsev was really good, but in my opinion Nousiainen < Krygier.
Nousiainen is too small and not good defensively to play in NHL.
I also believe that Maltsev will have a chance to play with Kings this year.
He is really good, strong and very smart.

Reactions: funky

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Rittich starting again? What's wrong with Portillo, who they literally just traded for to refill the pipeline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad