Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Great centering feed from Laferriere on Hicketts' goal. Good pressure and finish by Turcotte with the extra man on a delayed penalty.

Bad angle to attack behind the net from Clarke, leading to a goal against.

Good exhibition with added context that the Ducks are missing some veterans still.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am actually going to go to Reign games this year, maybe even Friday or Sunday.

I also picked up a Helenius jersey.
1696881152107.png

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reign have to have one of the highest payrolls in the AHL.

Rittich $875 K (if he clears waivers)
Hodgson $800K
Tynan $787.5K
JAD $775K
Moverare $762.5K
Maltsev $450K
Connauton $450K
Santini $275K
Hicketts $275K
Hudon (undisclosed, but likely well over 100K)
Wylie (undisclosed, but likely over 100K)
Thomas $100K
Madden $100K
Ward $95K

Kings players on ELC's 70-90K typically to add to the rest of the roster, but guys on AHL only deals that wouldn't command as much.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
We had a strong AHL team that allowed Lombardi to move players like JMFJ and insert Nolan, King, Voynov, Muzzin, and Toffoli in 2012 and 2014. We likely won’t be able to/should not pay to keep all of Arvidsson, Roy, Lizotte, and co in the next year or two. Turc, Laffy, and Clarke having monster years in Ontario would be outstanding timing for a team trying to contend starting this season or next.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
We had a strong AHL team that allowed Lombardi to move players like JMFJ and insert Nolan, King, Voynov, Muzzin, and Toffoli in 2012 and 2014. We likely won’t be able to/should not pay to keep all of Arvidsson, Roy, Lizotte, and co in the next year or two. Turc, Laffy, and Clarke having monster years in Ontario would be outstanding timing for a team trying to contend starting this season or next.
I agree 100% -- we should not extend those guys and instead should let the Laff, turcs, Clarke, Spence, TB, etc. move up into NHL roles. But you just know that Blake is gonna extend Arvi and Roy....and i'm not gonna act shocked if he does the same for Liz. I just don't think he has the mind to see several steps out and plan going out in time. He's a read & react guy/GM.

Reactions: psych3man

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Seems likely the Kings will send Turcotte and Clarke back down tomorrow to play in the Reign opening game, probably promote Spence, Kaliyev and Laferriere at points this weekend as the CAP games continue. Reign play Friday and Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad