Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wanner is such a turd

Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude

Love to see it, f*** right off back to Bako

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
At least one team in this organization is capable of winning a series.
It’s funny as their coach has two scoring lines, a physical third line that can score then some beasts on the forth line. Who would have ever guessed that would work.

We have a 10 goal rookie playing on the top line, our most talented guy playing on the third line and a midget gooning it up on the 4th.

Plus Marco’s first pp unit is probably better than the Kings.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I dont get to watch AHL games. Would a Lee-Helenius-Ward line crack it as an NHL 4th line?
Kings need that size and grit and dont have cap to add guys like Hathaway.
Also does Madden have a shot to make the NHL?

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I dont get to watch AHL games. Would a Lee-Helenius-Ward line crack it as an NHL 4th line?
He's a weird one, not really skilled enough to be a goal scorer. But also not really defensively responsible enough to be a bottom 6er.

He looked ok the few AHL games i watched this year and I remember he didn't look out of place the few preseason games he was in. Again though, he's 24 and in his 4th season with the Reign, so I'd hope hope he looks better.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He's a weird one, not really skilled enough to be a goal scorer. But also not really defensively responsible enough to be a bottom 6er.

He looked ok the few AHL games i watched this year and I remember he didn't look out of place the few preseason games he was in. Again though, he's 24 and in his 4th season with the Reign, so I'd hope hope he looks better.
I generally see Madden as a non-factor for the same reasons.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Madden is a weird one because relatively dad was built like a brick shit house

Tyler is just a stick so though he has good instincts his skills aren't NHL good and his defensive abilities aren't quite either and he gets dropped by a stiff breeze

People often call Fagemo a tweener but I think it's a more apt label for Madden

Would be nice to get him a cup of coffee...he's enthusiastic, fast, and a playmaker, and he's been a very good soldier for the organization. But I don't see much more than a journeyman fill-in.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'm not so sure as they don't play 'safe' often, Lee in particular turns the puck over softly and stupidly a lot for a guy his size. If they could be smarter/more responsible with the puck sure, Lee is awesome in close and would be a fun net-front presence. He can be a load on the boards like Dwight King but sometimes pretty soft. But I like that he's not shy with his size, he'll push people around, and that's certainly a missing component.

I think Helenius is eventually a 4C lock. But like above, how good he can be depends largely on how much liability he removes from his game. He's gonna give you next to nothing offensively in the NHL.

Ward...tweener at best. I had him as an NHL dark horse on his shot but truthfully I just don't see it any more than Madden.

It does remind me of a quote from a while ago I read that said something to the effect of the top 200 AHLers and bottom 200 NHLers are roughly interchangeable. I think all of the above fall into that camp.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
The organization basically said Helenius will be the 4C in the 2025-26 season.

Imagine Matt Rempe meets Jarrett Stoll - that's Helenius. My fav prospect.
Matt Rempe without the ability to win a fight and Jarrett Stoll without the ability to contribute on the scoreboard? Awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: BigKing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad