News Article: "Whole situation there is f--ed up"

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Skype is free, my dude.

Long distance packages are hella-affordable, too. It's 2018. Telecommunications ain't no thing anymore.

I'm not saying communication is impossible, just that him being involved in the Olympics on the other side of the globe makes him much less likely to be behind those quotes. ;)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
chris Neil
chris kelly
Tommy Wingels
Victor Stalberg
Marc Methot
Kyle Turris

I think those are the candidates.

Not MacArthur. Sounds like a current player. Not Stalberg he's in Europe and hard to find I'd guess. Kelly is on Korea.

I can't see Neil saying it. He isn't playing and the way the guy said leave implies he to me still is playing.

That leaves Turris or Methot. My money would be on Turris.
“Look at the guys who had an impact there and now they’re all gone..." not Turris ,, Turris would be one of the guys who had an impact and is gone

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lagavulin 16,s all around ,our team is going up in smoke might as well have a drink that tastes like it....Great scotch,for the smoke lovers

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You need to try some Auchentoshan.

Same price range as the Aberfeldy, but a much nicer dram, IMO.
Yeah i looked at that one tonight actually,I tried the first one tonight neat,found it a little rough..I broke the second and it seemed to mellow and smooth out ..After the 4th it doesnt matter

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
“Look at the guys who had an impact there and now they’re all gone..." not Turris ,, Turris would be one of the guys who had an impact and is gone
by that logic it wouldn't be Methot either. I think it has to be someone still playing.

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
The quote seems to have come from a guy who was there for a while. I doubt it was one of the rentals.

I'm not completely sure which quote implies that the guy was there for a long time. He said the fans are great, he loved playing in Ottawa, didn't want to leave, and was frustrated when he left.

There's a fair case to be made that it was Wingels given that he likely wasn't offered a contract and seems to consider other players to be the "impact players" that left.

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
“I don’t want to badmouth the team, but I didn’t want to leave. I was very happy there. I was frustrated when I left.”

Could be me reading into the quote a little too much, but to me this sounds like the player left some time ago. This likely rules out Phaneuf IMO

This player seems to blame the team for being responsible for his departure from Ottawa. This probably rules out Kelly and Neil because the game passed them by (also, Kelly was invited back on a PTO). Stalberg was allegedly offered a contract but didn't take it because the offer from Europe was better.

This leaves Methot (if he thinks the team could've done more to protect him in the expansion draft), Turris, and Wingels.

My money's on Wingels just because Turris has already "badmouthed the team" and because of the "impact players" comment.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m not sophisticated. Captain Morgan and Diet Coke. Lots of ice cubes.

My guess is Methot. I don’t think Turris uses curse words.

And also, if you mix vanilla vodka with diet orange crush, it tastes like a creamsicle and makes you hate the world just a tiny bit less.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Finishing off the Jameson, but there isn't much left so I'm probably getting into the Glenfiddich.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00