News Article: "Whole situation there is f--ed up"

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
'Whole situation there is f—ed up': Unimaginable months ago, Senators might actually trade Erik Karlsson

“I think the whole situation there is f—ed up. That’s the best way to put it.”

“Look at the guys who had an impact there and now they’re all gone. It doesn’t make much sense,” said the former Senator, who requested anonymity. “There’s so much going on behind the scenes that I don’t know who’s pulling the strings, but I feel bad because the fans there are so awesome. I loved playing there and it’s got to be so hard for them because we were one goal away from going to the Stanley Cup final last year and then there’s this.
“I don’t want to badmouth the team, but I didn’t want to leave. I was very happy there. I was frustrated when I left.”

That comment, which sums up how Ottawa Senators fans are feeling these days, came from a former player who was part of last year’s playoff team. Based on recent turnover, it could have come from anyone — current players included.

Who could it be :huh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"came from a former player who was part of last year’s playoff team."

... so it's either Methot, Turris or Phaneuf, right? Maybe Neil?

Who else was on the team who left? Chris Kelly? Doubt it was any of Stalberg / Wingels / Dido.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
chris Neil
chris kelly
Tommy Wingels
Victor Stalberg
Marc Methot
Kyle Turris

I think those are the candidates.

Not MacArthur. Sounds like a current player. Not Stalberg he's in Europe and hard to find I'd guess. Kelly is on Korea.

I can't see Neil saying it. He isn't playing and the way the guy said leave implies he to me still is playing.

That leaves Turris or Methot. My money would be on Turris.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seems like it could be one of Turris, Phaneuf or Methot. I'm putting my money on Methot.

I'd add Neil and Kelly to that list of potential whistleblowers.

Kelly, coming back into the fold from Boston and seeing how the franchise has changed since he had originally left, makes a bit of sense.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I doubt it's Turris. I don't recall him speaking like that. It's hard to imagine him saying things in that way.

Phaneuf or Methot I can see easily. Leaning towards Methot.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I forgot about Phaneuf. But he just said some nice things on the way out the doors

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Kelly, coming back into the fold from Boston and seeing how the franchise has changed since he had originally left, makes a bit of sense.

ya but I kinda got the sense that he was saying it was ok last year but not this year

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Perhaps, but Kelly's been in Korea the past few weeks so not sure he's the most likely to talk with an Ottawa reporter right now. Neil is possible.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
ya but I kinda got the sense that he was saying it was ok last year but not this year

I didn't get that impression at all.

I think he was just saying it's hard for the fans to go from within one goal of the Cup to this abomination of a situation we are in right now.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The more I read that article, the more convinced I am that it's Methot. Phaneuf is too polite and it doesn't sound like Turris either.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
hmmmm.....Methot left because that's the way the league works. he got caught up in an expansion numbers game. unfortunate but that's business

Turris on the other hand has already expressed his reservations about ownership and his wife tweeted out some Melnyk stuff

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My initial gut would be Methot just because he's a local guy so maybe he's more invested, but Traikos apparently covers the Leafs. Assuming he was covering them when Phaneuf was there, maybe that's the connection.

edit: Mac actually makes sense if this connection holds true since he was also on the Maple Leafs. He's also good friends with Karlsson and has nothing to lose by speaking out since his career is done and he's no longer in the league other than being on the Sens books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->