Who you trading at the deadline?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Well in Domi's case he may not have wanted to play here.
And why is that?
This organization needs to get it together. It's the worst place for a young budding player who wants to be relevant.
The coyotes have once again taken a big step back by losing more good young players. We are closer to having a team Tippett had. Just a bunch of grinders hanging around the 10th spot with little future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And why is that?
This organization needs to get it together. It's the worst place for a young budding player who wants to be relevant.
The coyotes have once again taken a big step back by losing more good young players. We are closer to having a team Tippett had. Just a bunch of grinders hanging around the 10th spot with little future.
I think you are a bit harsh here. Many of those grinders you are talking about wouldn't be playing here without the injuries. In Domi's case we heard many rumors why he was traded so who knows the truth, and the player we got in return is a fine player. Every organization makes mistakes, some more than others.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It was interesting watching Fischer on the powerplay last night. I know that's an easy way to get him going, but man he's a black hole offensively right now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was interesting watching Fischer on the powerplay last night. I know that's an easy way to get him going, but man he's a black hole offensively right now.
He is one of RT's fav's. He hasn't been going for most of the year.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I think you are a bit harsh here. Many of those grinders you are talking about wouldn't be playing here without the injuries. In Domi's case we heard many rumors why he was traded so who knows the truth, and the player we got in return is a fine player. Every organization makes mistakes, some more than others.
And we've blown it completely with younger players. With the loss of Perlini and STrome to go along with Domi , Turris and Wheeler we have really stunk at developing and keeping our young players. That's just FACT I'm not concerned with excuses.
Of course a great fan base, arena and owner would help all that significantly.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
And we've blown it completely with younger players. With the loss of Perlini and STrome to go along with Domi , Turris and Wheeler we have really stunk at developing and keeping our young players. That's just FACT I'm not concerned with excuses.

I don't know how this compares with other teams, but out of all 1st rd draft picks from 2006-16, only 3 remain with the club. That doesn't seem like we are drafting well.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

A great fan base and arena wouldn't help drafting and development one iota. A good owner? Only if he picks a good GM, who picks a good scouting and coaching staff, and only if he has enough patience to let some of these players' stories play out over longer than a year or two.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
This is an understatement. Is he still on the roster? You don't hear his name on the telecast AND he hasn't done ANYTHING in a loooooong time...

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
A great fan base and arena wouldn't help drafting and development one iota. A good owner? Only if he picks a good GM, who picks a good scouting and coaching staff, and only if he has enough patience to let some of these players' stories play out over longer than a year or two.
It would help in developing a good atmosphere for playing hockey . It matters with these young guys. Why do you think Domi wanted out? He grew up with his dad playing in hockey mad Toronto.
And an owner with cash with a good arena in the east valley would help sign guys to contracts instead of letting them go or trading them.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It would help in developing a good atmosphere for playing hockey . It matters with these young guys. Why do you think Domi wanted out? He grew up with his dad playing in hockey mad Toronto.

That's not why he wanted out, but hey, y'know, why spoil a good narrative?

And an owner with cash with a good arena in the east valley would help sign guys to contracts instead of letting them go or trading them.

All you need is the owner with cash. The arena is wholly irrelevant to contract issues.

Reactions: Jakey53

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
That's not why he wanted out, but hey, y'know, why spoil a good narrative?

All you need is the owner with cash. The arena is wholly irrelevant to contract issues.
you must be a west valley fan.
the location of the arena has killed this franchise. It's a ghost town playing there with no excitement.
We need a better revenue generator and that in turn will create excitement around this franchise which will help us keep younger guys who actually want to be relevant. The Shane Doan's are few and far between. Any chance a young guy gets he's going to bail on this franchise. It's been proven time and time again.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
you must be a west valley fan.
the location of the arena has killed this franchise. It's a ghost town playing there with no excitement.

I'm a Coyotes fan. Where I live is irrelevant. The location of the current arena is not optimal, but it hasn't killed the franchise - ownership issues and abject hopelessness on the ice have done that.

As for the atmosphere, I don't care if an East Valley arena fills up to capacity every night - it's still going to have Arizona sports fans making up part of the crowd, and that "ghost town" feeling you get in Glendale is the same "ghost town" feel you get at Chase Field and Talking Stick Resort Arena from local fans. You know, the fans who need a sign board to tell them when to GET LOUD and look up from their popcorn and hotdogs, so that the Chicago transplants and the folks who drove in from Los Angeles don't embarrass them and make their home teams feel like they're at an away game. That problem will only be compounded in the East Valley, where a majority of the hockey fans are boosters of other teams like the Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Sabres.

We need a better revenue generator and that in turn will create excitement around this franchise which will help us keep younger guys who actually want to be relevant. The Shane Doan's are few and far between. Any chance a young guy gets he's going to bail on this franchise. It's been proven time and time again.

The OIMBY angle is interesting, if a bit tunnel-visioned, but again, what keeps younger players at a team is good coaching, an owner with the wherewithal to pay them, and the potential to win the Stanley Cup. A change of arena address does zero to affect any of those elements.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad