Who would you trade off this Preds team?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
While moving Leggy or Cullen at the deadline seems an obvious move, I think the next is #25. When he's had chances to skate with more skilled linemates he's not capitalized, when he gets breaks with his speed he can't get a decent shot off (again, last night). At $3mil/yr or whatever it is he simply has to be better and while I realize he has a 20goal season under-his-belt, he just seems to be a bad-fit with this team and I think his frustration is showing to the point we're not gonna' see those kinda' numbers.

He's got to be the next trade, I think, and it's just a question of whether we move him in a deal to get a better-fitting piece or send him off for rebuilding pieces and go ahead and bring Beck (or whomever) up.

As for coaching changes, I still wouldn't be surprised if we made a change and it wasn't Trotz that went, but Lane. Similar to the move for Housley to help rebuild the D, it wouldn't surprise me to see a move for someone to focus on Willy and the next couple kids that come up.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
While moving Leggy or Cullen at the deadline seems an obvious move, I think the next is #25. When he's had chances to skate with more skilled linemates he's not capitalized, when he gets breaks with his speed he can't get a decent shot off (again, last night). At $3mil/yr or whatever it is he simply has to be better and while I realize he has a 20goal season under-his-belt, he just seems to be a bad-fit with this team and I think his frustration is showing to the point we're not gonna' see those kinda' numbers.

He's got to be the next trade, I think, and it's just a question of whether we move him in a deal to get a better-fitting piece or send him off for rebuilding pieces and go ahead and bring Beck (or whomever) up.

Stalberg got seven minutes of ice time last night, roughly the same amount as Clune. I agree. He can't be happy with this arrangement; he hasn't fit from day one.

It could be pretty tough to find someone to take him after his performance this season and with three more years attached to him. Carolina really wants to make moves, but the best player they're making available is Tlusty. Not ideal, but it would be similar to the Dubnyk deal. That just leaves Stalberg's NTC.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Trade Stalberg. I had forgotten he had a ntc. Ugh..

That is a major hurdle right now moving Hendricks was a coup for DP really.

Stalberg
Horni
Nystrom
Goose
All hold modified NMC's, so they hold the cards where they want to go

Fish has a NMC and is really off limits Unless Carrie wants to move to Ottawa which I can't imagine there nothing happening there.

With two compliance buyouts available and will be lost if not used by July 1 I think it is a decision will need to be made. It will be expensive to go that route on ownership 9 mil to let Stahlberg walk is nauseating.

If no compliance buyout is made you can smell a trade similar to the one where we lost Franson just to get the Leafs to take Mushmelonhead.

Hendricks was a start but we need more.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Stalberg got seven minutes of ice time last night, roughly the same amount as Clune. I agree. He can't be happy with this arrangement; he hasn't fit from day one.

It could be pretty tough to find someone to take him after his performance this season and with three more years attached to him. Carolina really wants to make moves, but the best player they're making available is Tlusty. Not ideal, but it would be similar to the Dubnyk deal. That just leaves Stalberg's NTC.

He also took a (soft call) dumb penalty 200 feet from the net early in the game. Plus there was quite a bit of PP and PK time which cuts into a 4th liners time. He needs to make the most of his ice time and he will get more. Use that speed to draw calls.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If we were to trade Legwand he will easily garner a first. Erat landed a top prospect who a year before was a first. Fisher garnered a first as did Gaustad as did Witt. Put our feelings aside of what we think of Legwand, good, bad and indifferent and he's on par with every single one of those guys. He's a better player than Witt and Gaustad. He's a different type of player than Fisher but holds equal value for sure. I don't think we'll get what we did for Erat but that was a desperate GM making a push for his team so you never know what Legwand could land us. Should easily net us a first plus a third or fourth is my guess if not a top forward prospect.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
That is a major hurdle right now moving Hendricks was a coup for DP really.

Stalberg
Horni
Nystrom
Goose
All hold modified NMC's, so they hold the cards where they want to go

Fish has a NMC and is really off limits Unless Carrie wants to move to Ottawa which I can't imagine there nothing happening there.

With two compliance buyouts available and will be lost if not used by July 1 I think it is a decision will need to be made. It will be expensive to go that route on ownership 9 mil to let Stahlberg walk is nauseating.

If no compliance buyout is made you can smell a trade similar to the one where we lost Franson just to get the Leafs to take Mushmelonhead.

Hendricks was a start but we need more.

Only one compliance buyout, used one on Gill.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Carolina could offer Tlusty and something minor for Legwand and Spaling. Is that close enough?

And my speculation since they really need third line center with grit: Paul Gaustad. Would something around T. Ruutu work here? Bad contract for bad contract? Or Tlusty for Gaustad and Spaling?

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I feel like I'm the only one around here that likes goose. He wins so many crucial faceoffs for us (and can pass that knowledge on down to our up and coming centers) is responsible defensively and seems to be a good locker room guy. He doesn't have much offensive skill but every once and awhile he'll put something in just from sheer effort. If there's any of the wagon line I'd like us to hold onto it's him. I can understand why everyone is down on him though considering we gave up too much to get him and overpaid him a tad. But with the cap rising it isn't too terrible, plus we're not exactly needing a ton of cap room at the moment with all those star FA's clamoring to get signed by nashville and whatnot.:sarcasm:

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only one around here that likes goose:
He's alright, but overpaid and too limited.

I think people get overly fixated on the faceoff stat. It'd be one thing if he was winning 90% of his faceoffs. He's winning 60% where the average guy is winning 50%. There is an occasional moment when that extra 10% helps the offense, but it's not as important as things like, welL OFFENSIVE ABILITY.

Winning faceoffs can be good, but having an offensive pylon as your center after winning a faceoff almost negates that. Crosby, Daystuk, Malkin, Tavres, Stmakos... the are all 50%-ers and they are doing fine.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
He's alright, but overpaid and too limited.

I think people get overly fixated on the faceoff stat. It'd be one thing if he was winning 90% of his faceoffs. He's winning 60% where the average guy is winning 50%. There is an occasional moment when that extra 10% helps the offense, but it's not as important as things like, welL OFFENSIVE ABILITY.

Winning faceoffs can be good, but having an offensive pylon as your center after winning a faceoff almost negates that. Crosby, Daystuk, Malkin, Tavres, Stmakos... the are all 50%-ers and they are doing fine.

This.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
You know it's a bad season when we are supposed to get excited about the potential of someone matching their career high of 12 goals. Never mind the 3 assists.

In theory, his faceoff winning ability should be leading to more assists after he gets the puck cleanly to our defensemen, who actually appear to be lead the league in D-goal scoring.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You know it's a bad season when we are supposed to get excited about the potential of someone matching their career high of 12 goals. Never mind the 3 assists.

In theory, his faceoff winning ability should be leading to more assists after he gets the puck cleanly to our defensemen, who actually appear to be lead the league in D-goal scoring.
It's nothing to get excited over, but he's far from the biggest problem on the roster. That he's actually netted more than Wilson, Cullen, Stalberg, and Bourque to this point is pretty depressing.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Carolina could offer Tlusty and something minor for Legwand and Spaling. Is that close enough?

We'll give you Stalberg for Tlusty. Maybe that move would wake both players up. Legwand has three times as many points as Tlusty and is completely out of the question in such a deal.

I'm not so eager to trade Gaustad. He's not worth what he's getting paid, but I think he still has value to the club until Watson is ready to make the jump and be a center in the NHL, at the very least.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
If an ok offer comes around do we consider moving Borque? He's been invisible all season and sometimes I forget he's even on the roster. Do people think this is just a slump or a sign of a greater downward trend? He's shown some potential for sure but this has been a concerning season for him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers fan coming in peace.(non Weber talk)

I read the other day how Holmgren and Poile are back on speaking terms. After reading thru the thread, who on Philly would you look for in a deal for Josi?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

I read the other day how Holmgren and Poile are back on speaking terms. After reading thru the thread, who on Philly would you look for in a deal for Josi?

No one really. Josi is the only LHD we have that is worth anything at the moment. As good as Jones is going to be, we have more RHD than we know what to do with in Weber, Klein, Jones and Ellis. Josi isn't going anywhere and if he did, he'd be packaged to land a top 3 forward. I just don't see Poile moving him. He's also ahead of Weber and Suter in his development for his age. A coach said Josi was the best defenseman he'd seen come through Milwaukee and he had coached Weber and Suter so that says a lot about this kid. He's also stepped up his play as of late and he's blossoming. I think an overpayment is the only way he's moved. I could see any of the RHD being moved long before him and that includes Weber and Jones.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No one really. Josi is the only LHD we have that is worth anything at the moment. As good as Jones is going to be, we have more RHD than we know what to do with in Weber, Klein, Jones and Ellis. Josi isn't going anywhere and if he did, he'd be packaged to land a top 3 forward. I just don't see Poile moving him. He's also ahead of Weber and Suter in his development for his age. A coach said Josi was the best defenseman he'd seen come through Milwaukee and he had coached Weber and Suter so that says a lot about this kid. He's also stepped up his play as of late and he's blossoming. I think an overpayment is the only way he's moved. I could see any of the RHD being moved long before him and that includes Weber and Jones.

ok...that's fair and informative. Philly only has 1 RHD so then what type of deals would you look for from Philly for those guys? Coburn would be the only guys Philly needs to keep on D and all F are available except G.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

Preds:
- Josi
- Cullen
- 2014 2nd
- 2015 3rd

Flyers:
- B. Schenn
- S. Morin

???? - Weber
Morin - Jones
Ekholm - Klein/Ellis

Awesome future on D