Who would you trade off this Preds team?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Here are the individual stats of our players right now:

http://predators.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Based off of that and/or the eye test or your personal opinion, who would you trade off this team and why?

I'll start off by trading defenseman Kevin Klein (I know Kevin Klein is a favorite here due to being on the Preds team for a while and seems like a nice guy but compared to the other defenseman he doesn't seem to help this team in the scoring department and has been giving up alot of goals lately).

For centers, Matt Hendricks as he hasn't been producing offensively but at least he is okay defensively.

For left wing, either Gabriel Bourque and/or Victor Stalberg since both seem to be giving up too many goals for my liking.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Spaling
Bourque
Legwand at the deadline
Cullen

my ideal trade would be Wilson + Josi for a winger who is better than Wilson and a defenseman who isn't quite as good as Josi.. we get an upgrade at wing, and don't have a complete loss on D, and whoever we trade with does the opposite, upgrades at D but doesn't have a total hole at wing

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Most disappointed offseason this last one for predators ever.
And to think some of you guys told me I was crazy when I vented so much about how terrible of a job poile did on every single offseason move. I like nothing he did and still don't.

We could trade Cullen, stalberg, Hendricks and nystrom for a bag of pucks and still win as many games as we do.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
And to think some of you guys told me I was crazy when I vented so much about how terrible of a job poile did on every single offseason move. I like nothing he did and still don't.

We could trade Cullen, stalberg, Hendricks and nystrom for a bag of pucks and still win as many games as we do.

Poile and Trotz can do no wrong. Must be all those Stanley Cups they've won

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Its easier to pick who I would keep.

Rinne
Josi KK Jones

Goose Clune Horqvist

Reasons KK and Josi both are on great contracts and fully capable top 4 D. Josi even as young as he is may well eclipse Weber, Why do you think so many other teams fans want him????????? Jones while making rookie mistakes look be the real deal and is reasonable contract for a few years. When hes ready to cash in you have to look at it. These three provide a core for the defense for the next 5 years perhaps longer.

Rinne is he is able to make it back is one of the best tenders in the league. The casual fan can even see the importance of this guy at this point.

Goose while his contract is terrible hes at the top of the league in FO and that's a big deal hes not going to be a 20 goal guy but he is on the PK and has even been used on the PP.

Clune gives 100% every shift hes on the ice. He knows his role does whats expected of him. Even if its setting in the pressbox for a few games.

Horni while not the most talented forward he positions himself to produce. He pays the price too.

At this point there is no core to build around on offense. So any of the rest may be moved. There is just no way to win by committee without Rinne and forwards who not as defensivly reliable as teams in the past here. Yeah its the system, but unless there is a coaching change the system is not going to change. And there is no indication from the front office that there is an impending coaching change.

As it stands now a pick in the draft from 6 to 10 is in the teams future. Do not even think a top five is in the cards this time round. Just too many teams underperforming. Really in this draft if your not in the top 3 picks its gonna be a Wilson, Watson Ellis type pick which is going to be no help in the near future.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
With the cap going up next year, a lot of our overpaid contracts will look far more affordable. You have to think David Poile looked at that to some degree when signing those contracts.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
With the cap going up next year, a lot of our overpaid contracts will look far more affordable. You have to think David Poile looked at that to some degree when signing those contracts.

Overpaying guys because the cap is going up and they might be more affordable later is really stupid. He overpaid both in years and in dollars, lets just admit that and move on.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Poile screwed up. Those money and terms is not justifiable for a small market like us.

I'm with both of you. I completely agree. I have consistently been against the signings since day 1. They made no since from a financial, length, or even team-building standpoint.

My point was, the contracts become much easier to move in the following years, than this one de to the elevation of the cap. I'm guessing Poile justified these decisions in part based around that fact.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

It almost seems like a good move with the cap going up and it almost look smart if an expansion team or two were in place.

I just don't see any other reason why these guys should get what they are making. Sure Nystrom has been a decent surprise, and Cullen has a couple shifts where he's looked like a top 6 player, but I just don't think it's necessary, unless we had to overpay for them to come here but they seemed to be genuinely excited to be joining Nashville.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010

I totally agree ....I'll give him some sort pass on Stalberg most people thought he could break out but to give grinders that kind of money is just crazy. I can see how Poile and Trotz surmized the situation we need a better Yip! That right there tells you how much in denial this organization is about the offensive output. Then people wonder why the players don't give their all because they know that management relies more on idealism than substance.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
In the order I would trade them, assuming I can get decent value back:

1. Ellis
2. Legwand
3. Nystrom
4. Cullen
5. Mazanec (sell high)
6. Hendricks (HA no one will take him)

I think a Legwand+Ellis/Mazanec package could be quite enticing to a team like EDM or NYI

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
In the order I would trade them, assuming I can get decent value back:

1. Ellis
2. Legwand
3. Nystrom
4. Cullen
5. Mazanec (sell high)
6. Hendricks (HA no one will take him)

I think a Legwand+Ellis/Mazanec package could be quite enticing to a team like EDM or NYI

Legwand has a NTC there is no way he is waiving to go to Edmonton or the Islanders. He's only going to waive to go to a contender at the deadline. I'd keep Nystrom as he's been good but if someone wants him I'd trade him.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Legwand has a NTC there is no way he is waiving to go to Edmonton or the Islanders. He's only going to waive to go to a contender at the deadline. I'd keep Nystrom as he's been good but if someone wants him I'd trade him.

You never know where he wants to go. If he doesn't want EDM, explore other options. Legwand is the type of guy that SOMEONE is going to want on their team, for sure.

re: Nystrom: I love having him, but I hate what we're paying him and how long we're paying it. I would explore options (a tough guy like that could be a huge asset to a contender for the playoffs) but would not move him unless they give solid value back.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I want to see these guys leave

Legwand
Bourque
Stalberg
Hendricks
Bartley
Ellis
Stalberg
Wilson
Trotz
Spaling
Beck
Cullen

____Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-____-Smith
____- Watson-Sissons
Nystrom-Gaustad-Clune

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Ekholm-____

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville

Legwand
Bourque
Stalberg
Hendricks
Bartley
Ellis
Stalberg
Wilson
Trotz
Spaling
Beck
Cullen

____Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-____-Smith
____- Watson-Sissons
Nystrom-Gaustad-Clune

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Ekholm-____

Not sure if you meant put Stalberg down twice:naughty: but I agree that he needs to go. Very unimpressed with him. I was expecting him to be much-much better.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser

Legwand
Bourque
Stalberg
Hendricks
Bartley
Ellis
Stalberg
Wilson
Trotz
Spaling
Beck
Cullen

____Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-____-Smith
____- Watson-Sissons
Nystrom-Gaustad-Clune

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Ekholm-____

I assume you want all rookies in that lineup which is about a 47 million dollar payroll. What is the cap floor again?

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I still refuse to complain about Stalberg offense since he is continually put with other people that do not compliment his skill set. You cannot sit here and say he has not got better at forechecking and being responsible on defense.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I still refuse to complain about Stalberg offense since he is continually put with other people that do not compliment his skill set. You cannot sit here and say he has not got better at forechecking and being responsible on defense.

I still have hope for Stalberg but he is constantly the third man deep and is not hard enough on the forecheck and the puck goes the other way for an odd-man rush. He really needs to use his size more. If he figures that out he can be really good. Right now though he is just a liability on D...

As for the topic question, the issue is how many of our players would teams even want? Not very many of them would return enough value to consider imo. With Rinne out, the season is doomed so maybe they will figure that out and tank for a decent draft pick.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I trade off

Legwand or Cullen, Ellis, Trotz, Poile, Hendricks, Bartley.

Or I get way more aggressive, damn the goaltending. We're losing games anyway, let's atleast play more exciting.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I trade off

Legwand or Cullen, Ellis, Trotz, Poile, Hendricks, Bartley.

Or I get way more aggressive, damn the goaltending. We're losing games anyway, let's atleast play more exciting.

please...

last year was bad, but at least Milwaukee was getting to play here. If veterans are standing in the way of those people who should be here next year, ship them out, and let the kids play.

yes, i want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Blow it up.

First Trotz and Poile are goldwatched.

Rinne and Weber are traded (we develop goalies just fine - Rinne is not sacred, and Weber is a Flyer at heart). Get first rounders and young, top-two line offensive talent.

Keep Jones, Smith, Wilson.

Everything else is deck chairs on the Titanic.

Endure two very bad years.

Emerge into 21st century of Hockeydom.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I expect Legwand and Weber to be traded because they will force the issue or someone makes an offer the Preds can't refuse. Another question is will the Preds trade Cullen? How far into the future will the Preds look? 3 yrs? 5 yrs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad