Who would you like to see gone?

Who would u like traded/fired next season?

• Total voters

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Dubas is the problem, he believed this team was good enough and Babcock said between the lines he needed more...

Dumping a all time great GM for a guy who looks at computer screens more then games is not the right choice...

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
all the above. coaching isn't the problem, but it's obvious Babcock isn't the right guy, wonder if he'll have to go to the desert and wash Mathew's feet again?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Coached by Keefe.

34291081c1.png

Get rid of Marleau, Muzzin, Zaitsev, Brown, Horton (1 year left), Kadri, Gardiner is trash.

Acquire Drouin, or a playmaker to play with Matthews. Johnsson and Kap can't make a pass to save their lives. Need a high end RHD prospect, with that said Liljegren/Holl is already an upgrade on Hainsey/Gardiner so don't tell me we can't run that.

You have a 21 man roster.
You have 6/8 defensemen making just above league minimum, 3 rookies and a 2nd year player.
You have 4/12 forwards making just above league minimum, 2 rookies.

One injury and the team doesn't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: Cams

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
All of the above wouldn't bother me one bit, and put Shanahan on there too. We don't need a President, none of the best GMs will come here to work under him.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Babcock needs to be gone. I'm all aboard that now. Out of the players we have, I think anyone with an expiring contract can be let go. We will also lose some guys due to the cap. But I want to see what this group can do with a different coaching staff before looking at changes there.

Ive mentioned that as well.

Seems like if we had an interim Coach brought up for game 6, he would've used common sense, and rode our stars until the end, and we might've come out with a win.
And funnily enough the exact same thing tonight.

If thats true about the Bruins dressing room they're all wondering why the leafs didn't change anything on the PP or PK - then we are at a disadvantage with Babs.
Nothing else to say, Cassidy read this the whole way through and most of the other teams knew our plays after midseason

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Another thing on Babcock. It's not just about this year. It's that he's now failed three seasons in a row to even get out of the first round. One time is OK, a second time is really stretching it. A third time? That's unacceptable.
I‘m glad to see you coming around

weems

Jul 3, 2008
all the above. coaching isn't the problem, but it's obvious Babcock isn't the right guy, wonder if he'll have to go to the desert and wash Mathew's feet again?

Maybe this time it will be Marner or Tavares.

This world class coach gave more PP icetime to Patrick frigging Marleau in game 6 than either Marner or Tavares.

Now tonight tried to justify blackhole Marleau being out at the end of the game.

The fact is, this guy isn't anywhere close to as good of a coach as you think.

Reactions: Kiwi

HC7

May 2, 2018
You have a 21 man roster.
You have 6/8 defensemen making just above league minimum, 3 rookies and a 2nd year player.
You have 4/12 forwards making just above league minimum, 2 rookies.

One injury and the team doesn't even make the playoffs.

Cap would fluctuate if you could get Karlsson, Mitch, Kap, Jonny for cheaper than listed. If a D-Man goes down you have Sandin in the minors. If a forward goes down it doesn't matter at all because that's the most stacked forward core in the league by far.

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2019
Not sure which, but one of Babs or Dubas need to go. I just don't believe they are compatible. My gut tells me that if we are going to go all in on Dubas' analytics, we should just dump Babs and move Keefe up to the big team. If you believe Bab's "dig in" approach is right, than I think we need a slightly different cast of characters and not really the one's Dubas in inclined to bring.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Cap would fluctuate if you could get Karlsson, Mitch, Kap, Jonny for cheaper than listed. If a D-Man goes down you have Sandin in the minors. If a forward goes down it doesn't matter at all because that's the most stacked forward core in the league by far.

Still is a 21 man roster with absolutely no defensive depth.
Rielly and Karlsson would need to log 30+ minutes a night all season long without injuries to even make the playoffs.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Another thing on Babcock. It's not just about this year. It's that he's now failed three seasons in a row to even get out of the first round. One time is OK, a second time is really stretching it. A third time? That's unacceptable.

Context is kind of important though, isn't it?

1) leafs were not the favourite in any of the series...

2) let's just say it was a coin flip (which it wasn't)... Stats say you have a 1/8 chance of losing all 3.

Maybe we just got unlucky

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Babcock needs to be gone. I'm all aboard that now. Out of the players we have, I think anyone with an expiring contract can be let go. We will also lose some guys due to the cap. But I want to see what this group can do with a different coaching staff before looking at changes there.

Which ones? We have numerous (RFA/UFA) expiring contracts.

RFAs: Marner, Ozhiganov, Johnsson & Kapanen
UFAs: Gardiner, Hainsey, Ennis, Marincin, Hutchinson

Colour legend:

Red - Keep
Blue - let go
Black - not sure

We only have about $12.5 m of cap space including Horton's LTIR. Marner's & a budget defender's salaries would erase the $12.5 m.

Most (all) of the players identified in black font would have to go, unless we have something else planned. Guess that's why we see so many trade Nylander or Kadri (or both) trade threads.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Babcock and his assistants

I'm willing to trade any player to make us better or reconfigure the team but unless something changes and we can actually have functional special teams, understandable distribution of ice time and some sort of system change in our own zone I don't think were going to get anywhere just making over the roster

A large part of our problems go higher than that

Reactions: weems

weems

Jul 3, 2008

He hasn't won a playoff round in forever but people around here treat him like he's some soft of demi god.

He doesn't even understand how to optimize a lineup and exploit the edges we have.

Whats the point in paying all these guys all this money if we don't even play them as much as every other single team does with their stars?

Reactions: Kiwi

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Babcock is a fine coach if all you want to do is make the playoffs. But even during the season his shortcoming are what prepare and mold how the team will play in the playoffs.

How many games this entire season can anybody here say that we played a complete game from top to bottom? I mean even low end, low talent teams can be taught to play a tight checking, fast hard working system that at least allows them to put up a fight. This team took 1-2 periods off most nights and relied on talent and goaltending to win a huge chunk. Babcock may not be a bad coach overall, but he is not the coach this team needs anymore, he needs to go along with his assistants. DJ especially needs to go, my gawd!

Outside of that Marleau needs to be gone somehow that opens our cap space up because retirement wont do that. I really dont know if Dubas can accomplish that, but it will right some wrongs he had had. Overall I think Dubas is far too young to be thrown out at this point, I believe he can do some good things.

Kadri very well could have been the difference maker yet again for us in these playoffs, and he was...but for the other team. I like Kadri, but enough is enough. If he gets traded I wont be upset and if they keep him I honestly wont be upset either, it gives us lots of depth down the middle still.

Brown needs to go away on the fastest possible vehicle the team can find.
Gardiner......sorry mang, I just cant stand you anymore. Under pressure he has the hockey IQ of a potato.
Zaitsev, needs to go or be relegated to bottom pairing minutes, Im done with that experiment.
Gauthier needs to go and be replaced with either faster and better defensively or faster and more physical.
Nylander Im totally done with. Even if he can be a really good player for another team, he has created his image and I personally have jumped off his fan wagon.

To be honest I would like to see how this current team fares under a different less stubborn, more adaptable coach. But for CAP purposes, we need some decent movement to progress this.

Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad