Who would you like to see gone?

Who would u like traded/fired next season?

• Total voters

LeafsTor

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto
Marleau - gone
He’s just lost it. I feel for the guy because he works hard but he’s lost a step and has to go.

Nylander - keep
I really believe Nylander can still be a special player. Next year he’ll have a smaller spotlight on him and I believe he’ll be a 60-70 point winger again.

Kadri - keep
People are forgetting this is a former 30g center on a solid contract. He will be a key player for us for the years to come.

Brown - indifferent
Serviceable 4th line guy who was misused by Babcock. If it’s because of his cap hit then I’m fine with trading him.

Gardiner - gone
Very good player who wasn’t too close to 100% this postseason. Going to be a cap casualty.

Babcock - gone
I could go on for hours about why he isn’t the right coach for us. He misused his players and was too stubborn to make adjustments. Our high skill offensive team doesn’t mesh with a coach like Babcock. Was completely out coached by Cassidy.

Dubas - keep
Great young gm who has been a big part in putting together one of the best teams we have ever had.

What are your thoughts?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander (20 mins a night)
Hyman-Tavares-Marner (20 mins a night)
Bracco-Kadri-Moore
Ennis-Gauthier-XXX

Muzzin-Rielly
Dermott-Zaitsev
Sandin-Rosen

Andy
anyone but Sparks

Anyone not on that lineup should be gone whether for cap reasons (Johnsson, Marleau, Brown) or FA (Gardiner, Hainsey) and whoever the Leafs replace Babs with should play those top 2 lines at least 19-20 minutes a night.

Reactions: authentic

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Patrick Marleau - LTIR. Traded and be retires. Don’t really care.

- Connor Brown - I actually liked most of his game in the playoffs but we can replace his production with a cheaper player (No not Zack f***ing Kassian stop with that shit)

- Jake Gardiner - I’m a supporter, but this season was awful. Cost himself a lot of money this season.

- Kasperi Kapnen - I think we can get good value out of him still from a team like Carolina, while replacing him with a player like Bracco

- Ron Hainsey - Actually think he had a good tenure as a whole. Don’t want him back though

- DJ Smith, Jim Hiller, Andrew Brewer - The assistant & video coaching staff needs to be revamped. Ultimately the blame falls on the head coach but these guys play a huge role. At the very least we need a revamp here

- Mike Babcock. @CantLoseWithMatthews is gonna fall off a chair here but..... I think he should be gone. He hasn’t adapted. No changes. Everyone knew what should be done and yet, none of it happened. Kyle Dubas brought in Keefe early into both his OHL and AHL tenure and I imagine he might jump at the chance to do the same thing in the NHL. Will Shanahan let him pull the trigger?

- Garret Sparks: Still embarrassed he was our backup. Luckily, he was booted from the room before the playoffs, so he’s as good as gone

LeafsTor

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto
Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander (20 mins a night)
Hyman-Tavares-Marner (20 mins a night)
Bracco-Kadri-Moore
Ennis-Gauthier-XXX

Muzzin-Rielly
Dermott-Zaitsev
Sandin-Rosen

Andy
anyone but Sparks

Anyone not on that lineup should be gone whether for cap reasons (Johnsson, Marleau, Brown) or FA (Gardiner, Hainsey) and whoever the Leafs replace Babs with should play those top 2 lines at least 19-20 minutes a night.

I’m definitely excited about having Bracco and Moore higher in the lineup. Personally I’d rather keep Johnsson over Kapanen (if one has to go). I prefer Jonny’s creativity and decision making.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Who the f*** do u want to replace Babcock with

Gardiner to UFA
Marleau if he’s willing to retire (no one will trade for him)
Kadri for a D upgrade. I don’t want to sell low on Nylander, but the D needs a signifacent upgrade and Kadri is a good 2C.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We proved we can out hit a team like Boston without Kadri.

We don't need him.

I've loved him for 10 years and he got a second chance after last playoffs.

He dug his own grave.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I’m definitely excited about having Bracco and Moore higher in the lineup. Personally I’d rather keep Johnsson over Kapanen (if one has to go). I prefer Jonny’s creativity and decision making.
Either or is fine with me, they're both similar players (ideally the 3rd best player on their lines) with different strengths

RLF

May 5, 2014
Marleau - gone
He’s just lost it. I feel for the guy because he works hard but he’s lost a step and has to go.

Nylander - keep
I really believe Nylander can still be a special player. Next year he’ll have a smaller spotlight on him and I believe he’ll be a 60-70 point winger again.

Kadri - keep
People are forgetting this is a former 30g center on a solid contract. He will be a key player for us for the years to come.

Brown - indifferent
Serviceable 4th line guy who was misused by Babcock. If it’s because of his cap hit then I’m fine with trading him.

Gardiner - gone
Very good player who wasn’t too close to 100% this postseason. Going to be a cap casualty.

Babcock - gone
I could go on for hours about why he isn’t the right coach for us. He misused his players and was too stubborn to make adjustments. Our high skill offensive team doesn’t mesh with a coach like Babcock. Was completely out coached by Cassidy.

Dubas - keep
Great young gm who has been a big part in putting together one of the best teams we have ever had.

What are your thoughts?

Marleau-agree
Nylander-Trade for D-help. He is what he is. He is not going to develop compete. Reminds me of Alex Semin.
Kadri-Agreed
Brown-Trade. Need cheaper options (Moore, etc)
Gardiner-Agreed.
Babcock-Was for keeping him, but his decisions tonight were horrible.
Dubas-He did little to build this. If his vision is all skill and speed with no heart. He can go as well.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
- Mike Babcock. @CantLoseWithMatthews is gonna fall off a chair here but..... I think he should be gone. He hasn’t adapted. No changes. Everyone knew what should be done and yet, none of it happened. Kyle Dubas brought in Keefe early into both his OHL and AHL tenure and I imagine he might jump at the chance to do the same thing in the NHL. Will Shanahan let him pull the trigger?

Agree with your post! My thoughts exactly regarding Babcock. I don't think Dubas has authority there. If Babs is gone, Shanahan is making that decision. The hire though, I think Dubas gets to make that decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad