Who would you like to see gone?

Who would u like traded/fired next season?

• Total voters

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Kadri - Mentally unstable lunatic. Abandoned his team twice now in consecutive playoffs against the same team.

Babcock
- Refuses to adjust, refuses to play best players heavy minutes, Matthews getting 17 mins and Tavares just 20 in game 7 is a fireable offence. It confuses me too because I could swear he used to always ride Datsyuk and Zetterbrg hard in Detroit, is he going senile in his 50’s? a real possibility.

Nylander - This isn’t about his talent, I think he’s a talented player and will have a great career, but I think he’s our best trade chip and with a top heavy offence we could use him to get a young D with upside to better round out the roster.

Gardiner - Let him literally walk his way out of town on the Gardiner Expressway. Mentally fragile, unable to handle big situations, turn over prone and often appears to be brain dead on the ice.

Oh yes the assistant coaches too, sayonara!

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
I’ve seen enough. Babcock rode 2003 Conn Smythe winning J.S. Gigure to an improbable run to the finals and by way of that has Forrest Gumped his way into being considered an elite coach.

Reactions: nick942

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
One of Kadri or Nylander, the remaining plays 3rd C. I would keep Nylander and give him one full season to play at a level somewhere worthy of his contract. Kadri is a player you do not win with and has been part of the problem for too long.

Brown traded for a draft pick for cap relief.
Gardiner and Hainsey walk as UFAs.
Sparks is removed from the roster, traded for conditional pick or waived and not to report to Marlies.

Marleau cannot be moved and should be a 4th line/13th forward next season.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
This is Dubas speaking about Keefe’s affect.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think this guy wants to give Keefe this roster

Dubas need to jump on this, he needs to truly make his mark on this team but installing his own head coach.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
There were 4 guys in the poll that I voted for... but one that wasn't listed: Zaitsev

He can play a good game, but man, is it ever hit or miss with that guy. I'd move him for someone who doesn't mind making a pass, or having the puck on his stick.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Too early to give up on Nylander. Not to mention he"s not anywhere near peak value.

Kadri can go. Suspended twice in the playoffs now. Dude cant control himself. Find another 3c and then use kadri to get a dman.

Gardiner will be gone because of cap reasons.

Brown will have to go because of the cap. Actually had a decent playoffs.

Marleau is finished, but looks like he still wants that cup.

Zaitsev was solid in the playoffs,but might have to be traded for cap reason

Babcock is iffy for me. The only reason I wouldnt fire babcock is because he's babcock. If he was anyone else, id want him gone asap. Part of me still believes in him. It'll take some balls to fire him, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: CelticDruid

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
- Mike Babcock. @CantLoseWithMatthews is gonna fall off a chair here but..... I think he should be gone. He hasn’t adapted. No changes. Everyone knew what should be done and yet, none of it happened. Kyle Dubas brought in Keefe early into both his OHL and AHL tenure and I imagine he might jump at the chance to do the same thing in the NHL. Will Shanahan let him pull the trigger?
There are some people who would shock me if they said this, but you arent one of them. Whether we agree or not, I felt that you were pretty reasonable.

As for me I thought he was okay this series, but I'd still hope to see him gone.

Reactions: Cor

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
A coach who will play Matthews 23 minutes in game 7 when the team is losing.

He's taught them how to play like good pros and in all seriousness has probably not been all bad for their development as players, but most younger coaches could probably out coach him nowadays head to head.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Pains me to say it, but I think that Kadri needs to go as well. One huge screw up like that would be forgivable, but doing it a second playoff in a row just shows that we can't trust him. No doubt in my mind that we win this playoff with him on the ice. He took that away from us.
Agreed, too bad his value is tanked now though.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Who the **** do u want to replace Babcock with

Gardiner to UFA
Marleau if he’s willing to retire (no one will trade for him)
Kadri for a D upgrade. I don’t want to sell low on Nylander, but the D needs a signifacent upgrade and Kadri is a good 2C.

That's terrible for the Leafs though. They would not only still have that cap hit, but they'd also have to replace the body. If he retires this offseason, he costs the team $7+ million next year.

Reactions: Cams

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Marleau - gone
He’s just lost it. I feel for the guy because he works hard but he’s lost a step and has to go.

Nylander - keep
I really believe Nylander can still be a special player. Next year he’ll have a smaller spotlight on him and I believe he’ll be a 60-70 point winger again.

Kadri - keep
People are forgetting this is a former 30g center on a solid contract. He will be a key player for us for the years to come.

Brown - indifferent
Serviceable 4th line guy who was misused by Babcock. If it’s because of his cap hit then I’m fine with trading him.

Gardiner - gone
Very good player who wasn’t too close to 100% this postseason. Going to be a cap casualty.

Babcock - gone
I could go on for hours about why he isn’t the right coach for us. He misused his players and was too stubborn to make adjustments. Our high skill offensive team doesn’t mesh with a coach like Babcock. Was completely out coached by Cassidy.

Dubas - keep
Great young gm who has been a big part in putting together one of the best teams we have ever had.

What are your thoughts?

No all of the above option?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Voted for Marleau, Brown, Babcock, and Gardiner.

Honestly you can win a playoff round or two even with Brown/Gardiner (a competent coach would've scratched Marleau in the regular season). You can't win with Babcock though. Any team we have will have some bad players that fans will have a problem with but if the top end talent and depth is so good then you can at least win a round. Also Zaitsev is worse than Gardiner imo, he treats the puck like a hot potato every third shift.

Kadri had a bad year but he's a good player, Nylander has been pretty damn good the past couple months he just got weighed down by those two black holes. He was constantly being double teamed on it was really evident tonight. He also should ideally be a winger imo his strength isn't as a centre even though he's fairly good on board battles this year.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Marleau - He's had an outstanding career, but at this point he's a fourth liner and we can't afford $6M+ for that.
Nylander - I thought he should have been traded last summer as he was always the most expendable of the young stars and the cap crunch was coming, not a secret. The only probably is we're selling him at a low point.
Kadri - We have no obvious replacement for him and he brings things we lack on our roster (unfortunately including suspensions). I would be okay with moving him if we acquired someone who brought in someone else with some of his attributes. Of course, easier said than done.
Brown - If his cap hit doesn't cost us someone better I'm fine with keeping him, but he should be moved if we need those dollars for better players.
Gardiner - I don't want our team to be the one to give him a big contract; plus, we have young players getting close to being ready. Despite his game 7 issues he's been solid for us overall (maybe more like solid on average - high highs and low lows), but it's time for him to move on.
Babcock - I won't be angry if they keep him, but I will be disappointed. There are so many issues I've seen this year (no need to re-hash them here, see the Babcock thread) and I want to see what a different type of coach can do with this roster. I think he is a good coach and has got us this far, but we might need someone else to get to the next level. That happens all the time in sports.
Dubas - It's WAY too soon to even think about a change here. The team disappointed this season but it's one season, and GMs need more than one season to be judged.

The above is what I would do - I have a feeling we see Kadri moved and Nylander stays at least another season.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
- Patrick Marleau - LTIR. Traded and be retires. Don’t really care.

- Connor Brown - I actually liked most of his game in the playoffs but we can replace his production with a cheaper player (No not Zack ****ing Kassian stop with that ****)

- Jake Gardiner - I’m a supporter, but this season was awful. Cost himself a lot of money this season.

- Kasperi Kapnen - I think we can get good value out of him still from a team like Carolina, while replacing him with a player like Bracco

- Ron Hainsey - Actually think he had a good tenure as a whole. Don’t want him back though

- DJ Smith, Jim Hiller, Andrew Brewer - The assistant & video coaching staff needs to be revamped. Ultimately the blame falls on the head coach but these guys play a huge role. At the very least we need a revamp here

- Mike Babcock. @CantLoseWithMatthews is gonna fall off a chair here but..... I think he should be gone. He hasn’t adapted. No changes. Everyone knew what should be done and yet, none of it happened. Kyle Dubas brought in Keefe early into both his OHL and AHL tenure and I imagine he might jump at the chance to do the same thing in the NHL. Will Shanahan let him pull the trigger?

- Garret Sparks: Still embarrassed he was our backup. Luckily, he was booted from the room before the playoffs, so he’s as good as gone
If Shanny is policing Dubas on coaching decisions the Leafs have much bigger issues to worry about, hopefully that isn't the case and Shanny allows Dubas to implement a coach he believes in.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Marleaus final season might be a expensive booster for the boys but Dubas has been horrible as GM...

You cant measure heart and determination by stats.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Voted:

Dubas
Gardiner
Nylander

I don't agree with Dubas' priorities, evaluation of players, playing philosophy or backbone when dealing with player contracts/holdouts.

Gardiner is simple. He's priced out of this team. Not that I particularly like the player, but I think his pros are often unnoticed while his cons make the front page of newspapers the next morning.

Nylander is a guy I would prefer to keep, but as of July 2nd, his contract looks really good and he has a lot of talent. You're not selling low on Nylander July 2nd. This team desperately needs a solid RHD to pair with Rielly. Hainsey has been ground to dust these past 176 games.

EDIT

For those not listed here:

Zaitsev

HC7

May 2, 2018
Coached by Keefe.

34291081c1.png

Get rid of Marleau, Muzzin, Zaitsev, Brown, Horton (1 year left), Kadri, Gardiner is trash.

Acquire Drouin, or a playmaker to play with Matthews. Johnsson and Kap can't make a pass to save their lives. Need a high end RHD prospect, with that said Liljegren/Holl is already an upgrade on Hainsey/Gardiner so don't tell me we can't run that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad