Who would you like to see gone?

Who would u like traded/fired next season?

• Total voters

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Dubad is straight garbage and refuses to look past his stupid analytics. The playoffs are about muscle and always have been, wake up loser! The Kadri suspension was his fault and he could have picked up Pelly-Smith for free, that isn't Kadri's job. He got rid off Mcbackup and didn't want to admit Sparks is garbage. Marleau is washed up and he made Mathews the second highest paid player in the NHL but didn't get term. Tavares wanted to come here, so don't give me that crap. You add him and Muzzin and get the same result while losing your first rounder and now you only have 4 year window due to a strike year. Mathews walks at 26 and you have no cup. Epic fail full of excuses and pluck the snowflakes you are politically correct losers and that is why you will pay $2/l while starving to death and never have a cup. I'm going back to watching Liverpool this organization is a joke and should have never fired Lou. Both Shanahan and Dubad have only themselves and the snowflake fans who eat their BS to blame! We lose JVR and Gardiner for nothing while accomplishing squat. Epic Fail!

LOL... ok... so the PK and PP are about muscle? Strange, I never thought that the PK and PP were about muscle.... we outscored, and outplayed them 5v5

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Babcock has to go.

Leafs had no business losing this series.

I'll admit the braincramps by the D last night are not Babcock's fault however he proceeded to use Matthews as a complimentary player. Matthews was on track to win the Conn Smythe if we made it far and he was used as a complimentary player in an elimination game. Just take that in.

When we said more Moore we didn't mean 9 minutes for the 4th line. We meant Moore and Ennis promoted with Marleau and Brown buried. I feel like any other coach in the league would have done this.

When you have a player like Matthews you need him on a structured line that works from all angles BEFORE playoffs even begin. No effort given. He was to busy messing up Nylander's game instead. We had a good 2 months for Hyman-Matthews-Nylander to regain their form and chemistry.

Powerplay was broken since December? Nobody did anything about it. That alone would get most coaches fired.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Babcock has to go.

I'll admit the braincramps by the D last night are not Babcock's fault however he proceeded to use Matthews as a complimentary player. Matthews was on track to win the Conn Smythe if we made it far and he was used as a complimentary player in an elimination game. Just take that in.

When we said more Moore we didn't mean 9 minutes for the 4th line. We meant Moore and Ennis promoted with Marleau and Brown buried. I feel like any other coach in the league would have done this.

When you have a player like Matthews you need him on a structured line that works from all angles BEFORE playoffs even begin. No effort given. He was to busy messing up Nylander's game instead. We had a good 2 months for Hyman-Matthews-Nylander to regain their form and chemistry.

Powerplay was broken since December? Nobody did anything about it. That alone would get most coaches fired.

It just blows my mind how many things Babcock handled poorly. And it's almost like he's being a stubborn jackass to certain players to prove a point. That he's Mike Babcock and it's his way come hell or high water. And he plays not to lose instead of trying to win (how is that working for ya since the lock-out Mike? Carlyle has just as many series wins)

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Babcock has to go.

Powerplay was broken since December? Nobody did anything about it. That alone would get most coaches fired

Bruins said they made no adjustments to their PK and were surprised at the lack of adjustment from the Leafs. That should tell you everything. We play the same stacked unit on for 45 seconds, try the exact same things that all teams have adjusted for and then put Marleau out for the remainder of the PP and act surprised when we didn't score.

julray

Mar 4, 2015
LOL... ok... so the PK and PP are about muscle? Strange, I never thought that the PK and PP were about muscle.... we outscored, and outplayed them 5v5

Execution of the PK or PP doesn't have a whole lot to do with muscle... however lets say the Leafs had a little more size.

Both Bergeron and McAvoy are key players on the PK and PP. Let's target those players, finish all your checks, dump it in McAvoy's corner etc, big guy in front of the net that McAvoy has to push around, Bergeron dealing with size in the slot, etc. It wears them down, without these guys functioning at 100%, their PK and PP becomes less effective.. and what do you think that does for the Leafs PP and PK?

And let's talk about faceoffs as well.. that was a big turning point. Bergeron was lights out in the end.. his series was way too easy, Leafs had to make it difficult for him, but they didn't.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Bruins said they made no adjustments to their PK and were surprised at the lack of adjustment from the Leafs. That should tell you everything. We play the same stacked unit on for 45 seconds, try the exact same things that all teams have adjusted for and then put Marleau out for the remainder of the PP and act surprised when we didn't score.

And Matthews has mentioned it before - they keep doing the same thing

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

The Leafs did make some adjustments on the powerplay.

From game 4 onwards, they dropped one of their 2 wide forwards much deeper, to create a much more concentrated outnumbered scenario down-low, and in game 7 they switched Marner and Matthews positions.

The problem is, unlike the regular season, you don't get 5 or 6 powerplays a night. As a result, the powerplay just didn't seem to get enough time to gel and figure it out. The drop-off between the 1st unit and the 2nd unit was massive as well. Speaking of Babcock, he needed to start giving that unit more time. He was more concerned with dealing with the Bergeron line after the powerplay, than he was about scoring on the powerplay.

Awful 2 weeks from the Leafs coach

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Firing Babcock is a minimum to even make me interested in watching this team next year. Jettisoning Marleau would make this loss sting a bit less as well.

Edit: How can I forget Gardiner. He MUST go.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Babcock has to go.

Well said. I agree.

Reactions: Havoc

david999

Jan 21, 2011
The three leading this poll are the ones that really should be out of here for there to be some Hope next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad