Who wins the Rocket this year? Ovechkin or the field

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I have only 2 candidates: Leon Draisaitl & Alex DeBrincat.

- it would be foolish to believe Leon wouldn't repeat, or not improve for that matter
its not like his season was a fluke or anything, he has worked hard to get to the point where he is.
Also, Leon's goal total wont effect much if he plays or doesn't play a lot with McDavid,
who thinks that, didn't watch Draisaitl play last season

- Alex scored 41 goals as a 20-21 year old sophomore, it would be also foolish to believe he is any near
his peak, ceiling, faaaaaar from it, or that his season was a fluke, he will improve each season for many many years.
Alex is one year older, stronger and more experienced, while still learning/improving, Alex has finally learned how to
play in the NHL, only upwards from this moment on

Alex DeBrincat #1 favorite, Leon Draisaitl #2 favorite

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Ovie scored only 28 goals (51) from initial/direct shots last season, his that stat been on the decline side for few seasons now
in that stat doesn't belong: EN goals,redirects,bounces,rebounds,bat ins, etc. etc

For example, Draisaitl scored 40 (50) from initial/direct shots last season
and Alex DeBrincat scored 38 (41) from initial/direct shots

And those 2 were the #1 and #2 in that particular stat in the entire NHL last season.

Reactions: Rooh

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ovie scored only 28 goals (51) from initial/direct shots last season, his that stat been on the decline side for few seasons now
in that stat doesn't belong: EN goals,redirects,bounces,rebounds,bat ins, etc. etc

And those 2 were the #1 and #2 in that particular stat in the entire NHL last season.

another stat is the freakishly high s% of your two candidates last season

drai shot 21.6 last year, wtf?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Not even being a homer but I think AM might win it. It’s hard to bet against Ovechkin who is nearing his mid 30s and still doing it, though. That’s unheard of.

Feb 24, 2017
Not even being a homer but I think AM might win it. It’s hard to bet against Ovechkin who is nearing his mid 30s and still doing it, though. That’s unheard of.
How can matthews not win it? A couple of leafs acolytes in the Marner signing threads are providing mounds of data on repeat every page that Matthews is in fact the greatest player in the history of professional sports.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012

How can Ovechkin only score 28 out of 51 goals from direct shots while he scores every single one of his goals from a blistering one-timer while standing motionless in the left circle? Just kidding.

Do you think that Draisaitl's crazy shooting percentage has something to do with that stat? DeBrincat's crazy shooting percentage, too, for that matter.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014

- it would be foolish to believe Leon wouldn't repeat, or not improve for that matter
its not like his season was a fluke or anything, he has worked hard to get to the point where he is.
Also, Leon's goal total wont effect much if he plays or doesn't play a lot with McDavid,
who thinks that, didn't watch Draisaitl play last season

- Alex scored 41 goals as a 20-21 year old sophomore, it would be also foolish to believe he is any near
his peak, ceiling, faaaaaar from it, or that his season was a fluke, he will improve each season for many many years.
Alex is one year older, stronger and more experienced, while still learning/improving, Alex has finally learned how to
play in the NHL, only upwards from this moment on

Alex DeBrincat #1 favorite, Leon Draisaitl #2 favorite
It’s actually laughable if u think debrincat will win the rocket next year. He most likely never wins one.

Reactions: varank

Walter Tkasobchuk

May 27, 2019
I’m going full homer here... Tarasenko! He’s yet to put a full season together (in terms of confidence and dare I say effort) and still puts up 30-40. I’m thinking that Stanley cup wave of confidence is coming.

If not him, ovie’s competition is coming from a player from Toronto or Tampa. Tavares, Mathews, Kuch, Point, or Stamkos. If I were inclined to bet, I’d take those 6 over Ovi for 19-20

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Also, Leon's goal total wont effect much if he plays or doesn't play a lot with McDavid

McDavid assisted on 29 of Draisaitl's 50 goals so I would bet money that isn't true at all.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Always take the field.

There were 10 players within 10 goals of Ovechkin last season, and every single one of them is younger than him, most considerably younger.

He may not decline next season, but he is getting older and it’s going to be more difficult for him with each passing year.

Plenty of great goal scorers in this league and there are a number of excellent candidates who could pot 50 next season.
This aplies to all The other trophies, not the Rocket. Always go Ovie.

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
Questions like will Ovi break 895 are dumb. In his next 4 seasons he will score a total of 126 goals (34, 32, 31, 29) and then he will retire from the league with around 784 goals. He wont even be a 30 goal scorer 4 years from now!

.............. wtf, no. We have no idea what Ovi will score, and he could easily be in contention for 895

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The Field.

Matthews will score a lot if healthy (hasn't been healthy past 2 years, but i don't believe in predicting/expecting injuries).
Laine had a horrible season. But everyone knows he's fully capable of scoring 50. He scored like 25 in one month lol. The season is 6 month long. Easy math to get to 50
Then you have guys on stacked offensive teams who seem a threat to score ~50, guys like McDavid, Mack, Kucherov, Stamkos, Drai, Tavares, etc.

I was super impressed with Ovi's season last year. It looked like he might near 60 at one point. And I think it's very plausible he again score 50+ and goes for Rocket - but the field is simply the safer bet.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
McDavid assisted on 29 of Draisaitl's 50 goals so I would bet money that isn't true at all.

If this stat is true that means he has scored in less time (IIRC 1/3 last season without McD) without McD only 8 goals less?!?:huh:
That means he don´t need McD to score goals:thumbu:

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
How can matthews not win it? A couple of leafs acolytes in the Marner signing threads are providing mounds of data on repeat every page that Matthews is in fact the greatest player in the history of professional sports.
Looks like these “leafs acolytes” own some prime real estate in your head.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
When it comes to the Rocket, I'll take the field against the favorite every single time. Sorry, but it'd be pretty stupid not to if you're betting actual money.

Edit: Holy shit I had not realized he's won six of the last seven and several before that as well. I apologize. Turns out I was the stupid one all along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad