Who wins the Rocket this year? Ovechkin or the field

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Laine scored 30 goals years as a 20 years old while been injured all season and battling addiction . If everything goes right , I can see him scoring in the high 60’s

Me too. If and when that shot is properly utilized by a capable coach, he will be the guy to beat. He won't challenge for rocket until he is 1st line, even though he put up a 44 goal challenge from 2nd line already.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
OV until proven otherwise. Dude has won 6/7, but some people still don't give him the respect he deserves.
Exactly.

"Smart money is on the field." Smart money will be on the field once Ovie retires, even then its a strech.

There is no way to claim your smart when you bet against this guy on Rocket. Definition of a "Russian machine never breaks."

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Laine with better usage
Matthew's with kadri gone and more minutes and if healthy
Should both be near the top.

But never bet against ovie. I still want to choose him here.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Me too. If and when that shot is properly utilized by a capable coach, he will be the guy to beat. He won't challenge for rocket until he is 1st line, even though he put up a 44 goal challenge from 2nd line already.

Pate wont be on the 1st line until 55 feels hes worthy and unfortunately for yourself it's not gonna be this year. I'm still waiting for 29 to hit that 80g season his biggest fans have promised, year after year.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Pate wont be on the 1st line until 55 feels hes worthy and unfortunately for yourself it's not gonna be this year. I'm still waiting for 29 to hit that 80g season his biggest fans have promised, year after year.

Still waiting on information where Scheifele has indicated that he doesn't want to play with the guy he has had the most success with (Laine). I have been asking for that information but nobody provides it, you keep repeating it though. No number of repeats is going to make it true, evidence would. I've never seen anyone predict 80 goals for Laine or any other modern player, so would like some evidence on that as well.

It's not so unfortunate for me, but it is very unfortunate for the Jets if the coach doesn't run the lineup and maximize it. From the rumors it sounds like Laine's had enough of it and that can't be good for the Jets if he demands out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
holy **** I didn't know it was that much

What does it mean though? Every player who produces at a high rate shares a lot of points with another player on his line. That's how productive lines work. I am not surprised to see that number, it makes a lot of sense. They scored 221 points in an 82 game season - they are definitely going to be sharing, like every other top line in the league, haha. People overlook the fact that it's not easy to find someone to produce like that with or without a top line player.

Reactions: Eisen

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Still waiting on information where Scheifele has indicated that he doesn't want to play with the guy he has had the most success with (Laine). I have been asking for that information but nobody provides it, you keep repeating it though. No number of repeats is going to make it true, evidence would. I've never seen anyone predict 80 goals for Laine or any other modern player, so would like some evidence on that as well.

It's not so unfortunate for me, but it is very unfortunate for the Jets if the coach doesn't run the lineup and maximize it.

As I've provided to you before, it was stated by radio personalities Tsn1290 that live in Winnipeg and report on the Jets. I'd imagine they have more access to the Jets but go ahead, explain from Suomi how your knowledge and interactions w the Jets is superior. I'll wait for the excuses, bud.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
As I've provided to you before, it was stated by radio personalities Tsn1290 that live in Winnipeg and report on the Jets. I'd imagine they have more access to the Jets but go ahead, explain from Suomi how your knowledge and interactions w the Jets is superior. I'll wait for the excuses, bud.

Yeah but I asked it from Scheifele. It's a rumor until he confirms it.

No clue what the rest of your post is about. From what I have seen, you seem more interested in Laine not doing well and it brings you joy to see him utilized incorrectly. As I suggested earlier, you don't appear to care for what is best for the Jets, as long as it's bad for Laine you are happy. And it apparently has something to do with Matthews for you.

Jets fans in general seem to agree that the lineup decisions are piss poor. You enjoy it.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Yeah but I asked it from Scheifele. It's a rumor until he confirms it.

No clue what the rest of your post is about.

I'm sure 55 has been begging to have pate line up beside him only for coach to say no. Here a hint bud, it doesnt work like that. If the franchise 55 wants pate beside him hes there, couple this w the facts that tsn1290 has provided and its painfully clear what's happening. Your more then welcome to believe 55 is itching to have pate on his wing. I'm not here to crush your dreams son, keep on believing.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I'm sure 55 has been begging to have pate line up beside him only for coach to say no. Here a hint bud, it doesnt work like that. If the franchise 55 wants pate beside him hes there, couple this w the facts that tsn1290 has provided and its painfully clear what's happening. Your more then welcome to believe 55 is itching to have pate on his wing. I'm not here to crush your dreams son, keep on believing.

Not your son or your bud.

And I never said Scheifele is asking to play with Laine. I've said that they formed the best line Jets have had so they should use it more, doesn't matter AT ALL what lineups players would prefer. Has nothing to do with my beliefs, the coach should be deciding the lineup based on what works the best. He has not.

This is awfully off topic, you should do your Laine hating in a Laine thread somewhere.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Not your son or your bud.

And I never said Scheifele is asking to play with Laine. I've said that they formed the best line Jets have had so they should use it more, doesn't matter AT ALL what lineups players would prefer. Has nothing to do with my beliefs, the coach should be deciding the lineup based on what works the best. He has not.

This is awfully off topic, you should do your Laine hating in a Laine thread somewhere.

Hey bud, what we can agree on is in order for pate to even sniff the Rocket he needs 55. Without 55 or any player for that matter doing the heavy lifting while 29 floats laine is just another player, unable to drive a line and unable make other teammates better. Back to the topic son, laine has no chance at the Rocket unless 55 drags him there.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Hey bud, what we can agree on is in order for pate to even sniff the Rocket he needs 55. Without 55 or any player for that matter doing the heavy lifting while 29 floats laine is just another player, unable to drive a line and unable make other teammates better. Back to the topic son, laine has no chance at the Rocket unless 55 drags him there.

A year with a Stastny level center (a good 2nd C) will do it, if he plays more than 16-17 minutes a game. But Scheifele is the only center Jets currently have that can play the required style, since they lost Stastny and never got Laine an adequate center. Doesn't have to be Scheifele, doesn't have to be Jets. Just pair him with a capable center and this trophy is by default his. I know you'd hate it, but hockey fans would have fun with it.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
A year with a Stastny level center (a good 2nd C) will do it, if he plays more than 16-17 minutes a game. But Scheifele is the only center Jets currently have that can play the required style, since they lost Stastny and never got Laine an adequate center. Doesn't have to be Scheifele, doesn't have to be Jets. Just pair him with a capable center and this trophy is by default his. I know you'd hate it, but hockey fans would have fun with it.

What would I hate, bud? A scenario that you've- made up, imagined, dreamed of, fabricated, where your idol wins the Rocket by "default"? Lol if only it was that easy pate would be the best scorer of his draft year. Glad we could agree 29 needs someone to drag him to the Rocket. See ya next year son.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
What would I hate, bud? A scenario that you've- made up, imagined, dreamed of, fabricated, where your idol wins the Rocket by "default"? Lol if only it was that easy pate would be the best scorer of his draft year. Glad we could agree 29 needs someone to drag him to the Rocket. See ya next year son.

You're a strange Matthews fan, still stuck in that stupid made up rivalry. The strangest thing is, you're not in this rocket thread talking about how Matthews will win it or even discussing that topic, you're here just to put down Laine or anyone who suggests he is a great goal scorer. So it's not like you're actually a fan of anything, just a hater of a player. He lives rent free in your head.

The sonning and budding is just trolling.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
You're a strange Matthews fan, still stuck in that stupid made up rivalry. The strangest thing is, you're not in this rocket thread talking about how Matthews will win it or even discussing that topic, you're here just to put down Laine or anyone who suggests he is a great goal scorer. So it's not like you're actually a fan of anything, just a hater of a player. He lives rent free in your head.

The sonning and budding is just trolling.

Dont think AM34 is gonna win the Rocket, buuud. I know your idol wont. Gonna leave it at that, your better then your last post, son.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Dont think AM34 is gonna win the Rocket, buuud. I know your idol wont. Gonna leave it at that, your better then your last post, son.

I don't have idols. I leave that to kids.

I think both AM and PL are going to be a serious rocket contender. Depending on circumstances of course.

You're banking on Laine staying down in the lineup. I wouldn't do that, it's clear he isn't happy with his situation and if Jets don't provide the role he is made for, he will find it somewhere else.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
What does it mean though? Every player who produces at a high rate shares a lot of points with another player on his line. That's how productive lines work. I am not surprised to see that number, it makes a lot of sense. They scored 221 points in an 82 game season - they are definitely going to be sharing, like every other top line in the league, haha. People overlook the fact that it's not easy to find someone to produce like that with or without a top line player.
When you lost the title by 1 goal, it sounds like you have reached the echelon of being a great goal-scorer, but when almost 60% of your production came from 1 player, it gives cause to pause on whether you could even sniff same total without them.

I'd understand 20-30%, even 40%, but damn 60%? meaning almost 2/3 of your goals are because of 1 player.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I have only 2 candidates: Leon Draisaitl & Alex DeBrincat.

- it would be foolish to believe Leon wouldn't repeat, or not improve for that matter
its not like his season was a fluke or anything, he has worked hard to get to the point where he is.
Also, Leon's goal total wont effect much if he plays or doesn't play a lot with McDavid,
who thinks that, didn't watch Draisaitl play last season

- Alex scored 41 goals as a 20-21 year old sophomore, it would be also foolish to believe he is any near
his peak, ceiling, faaaaaar from it, or that his season was a fluke, he will improve each season for many many years.
Alex is one year older, stronger and more experienced, while still learning/improving, Alex has finally learned how to
play in the NHL, only upwards from this moment on

Alex DeBrincat #1 favorite, Leon Draisaitl #2 favorite
Sh% : 21.6%

Unless he shoots way more, it's incredibly likely Drai doesn't repeat.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad