Who wins the best of 5 between the Blue Jackets and the Leafs?

Who wins the best of 5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
voted leafs but it could go either way. depends a lot on cbj's health and which team gets better goaltending in the series. i think freddy can ball out against cbj tho.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Contrast of styles. All defense vs. no defense. I think the Leafs win because I think getting free goals becomes important in the playoffs when there's less time and space. You need to have players who can create plays out of nothing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Coin flip imo. The are close as the standings show. The one edge I feel that favours the Jackets is coaching. Torts is a master at getting the most out of his players and getting his teams ready. Until he wears out his welcome after a few years.

Torts obviously botched things in Vancouver but even with that included he's got over 1300 games coached across 4 clubs, that's more than four years on average per team, which I think is more than the average coaching tenure. Seven years in Tampa, five in New York, one in Vancouver, and five plus in Columbus, I'm guessing that's the longest tenure in both Lightning and Jackets history.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Finally Columbus finished with the most overtime/shootout loses at 15. So all those games that got them 1 point in the standings is a main reason why they are in the play in round and not out completely all together.

That can run the other way too. Winning a 3v3 with half AHL players is really hard, if they were decently healthy and won half their OT games they'd be well ahead of the Leafs in the standings.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That can run the other way too. Winning a 3v3 with half AHL players is really hard, if they were decently healthy and won half their OT games they'd be well ahead of the Leafs in the standings.

I like how people are pretending the Leafs were healthy all year. They lost their top 2 D (Rielly and Muzzin) most of the year, JT, Marner,Johnsson, Soup, Andersen, Hyman, Dermott, etc all missed time. Leafs never once iced their fully healthy roster.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I like how people are pretending the Leafs were healthy all year. They lost their top 2 D (Rielly and Muzzin) most of the year, JT, Marner,Johnsson, Soup, Andersen, Hyman, Dermott, etc all missed time. Leafs never once iced their fully healthy roster.
Excellent point and it's funny how people always brought up how the Leafs were lucky to make the playoffs in 2017 with so little injuries.

Reactions: Saint Blue

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Leafs have the talent edge for sure as not many can match the fire power. However Jackets play a heavy game and are going to pummel the Leafs. The Leafs even if they win are going to be hurting after this series and Jackets have the ability to win it as well. Will definitely be one of the series to watch for me. My prediction Leafs in 5.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

No one is pretending that.

The Leafs had a dozen key players miss time here or there, the Jackets had a dozen key players injured at a time. You didn't have AHLers on every forward line, and out there in 3v3.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Playing 47 and 53 games out of 70 is missing most of the year ?

Strange...

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'll say this much given their ability to choke in the final minutes of a given series: The Leafs are underdogs.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs fans. If your team lost to CBJ, would this be worse than losing to Boston again (or any of the previous losses to them)? Due to the hype, players, expectations, and consistently getting bounced in the first round?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Close series but goaltending battle will push it towards Columbus.
plus their defense is also better what Toronto's.

Obviously offense hugely favors Toronto but,
goaltending nor defense is not up there to them to advance.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Leafs are winning the cup

What kind of cup?

these look pretty sweet :naughty::laugh:
12391837-lots-of-coffee-in-different-cups-coffee-time.jpg

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Coin flip imo. The are close as the standings show. The one edge I feel that favours the Jackets is coaching. Torts is a master at getting the most out of his players and getting his teams ready. Until he wears out his welcome after a few years.

The truth, you don't know Keefe as an NHL coach in the playoffs.
The unknown does not automatically, make it bad.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The truth, you don't know Keefe as an NHL coach in the playoffs.
The unknown does not automatically, make it bad.
Agreed. But I’ll still take Torts because he’s proven and I just don’t see Keefe as being at his level as a coach.
Same reason I’ll give the Leafs the edge in goal tending even though the truth is we don’t know how Columbus goaltending will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad