Who wins the best of 5 between the Blue Jackets and the Leafs?

Who wins the best of 5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Very hard to know without seeing how ready the players are. Are the jackets players fully healthy ( Jones, bjorkstad etc) and whether their goalies can bring back strong play from dec 2019 to mid Feb 2020.

Homer voted leafs but if our guys are not in game shape quick enough they could get swept like Tampa did last year

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
This one's tough to predict. Toronto is obviously more talented but Jackets play a playoff style. And they both had same points % despite Columbus having the most man games lost in the league.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Tough one, but Torts is the better coach, I would lean to Columbus.

Since January 1, kinda like last year when St Louis took off, Columbus is 7th in league vs Toronto is 19th

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Toss up. Leafs have more skill on paper, but hard work trumps skill. Stating the obvious here but it clearly comes down to which team is more 'ready'.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Panarin is a huge loss to the Jackets compared to the team that beat the Bolts, but they're still the type of team who could give a skilled team like the Leafs fits, especially since their depth isn't as good as Tampa. I would say the Leafs in 5 under normal circumstances, but who knows with all the time off.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
This poll should be an overwhelming win for the Blue Jackets considering both teams had the same amount of points and HF hates the Leafs so much.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Coin flip imo. The are close as the standings show. The one edge I feel that favours the Jackets is coaching. Torts is a master at getting the most out of his players and getting his teams ready. Until he wears out his welcome after a few years.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If you want to take the regular season results into account and keep in mind Toronto only played Columbus two times and there would have been a third game if it wasn't for the season ending earlier than expected. Toronto won the first game 4-1 back on October 4, 2019 and Columbus won the second game 4-3 in overtime on October 21, 2019.

However it should mentioned when Columbus won that game it was due to a penalty shot in the overtime. Plus it was the Leafs who blew a 3rd period lead which is why that game even went into overtime. Also in both those games Mike Babcock was still their coach and we haven't seen what Sheldon Keefe would do any different against Columbus.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Very close, I think. I feel like Toronto would have the edge in a best of 7, but I think in a best of 5 Columbus could grind out 3 wins

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kind of interesting given Tampa is built like the Leafs and the Jackets killed them last year, but IMO Leafs are better on paper.

such a different situation. Tampa steamrolled the regular season then did nothing in the playoffs.

I'm thinking leafs in 5. Just too much scoring and they were a lot better under Keefe (.628pt%) which is better than the pens

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This poll should be an overwhelming win for the Blue Jackets considering both teams had the same amount of points and HF hates the Leafs so much.

yeah but these kind of polls have a pretty quick result and people can come back and see who was wrong. they are bolder in a
McAvoy >>> Rielly type poll because who knows how long that takes to get an answer

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Coin flip imo. The are close as the standings show. The one edge I feel that favours the Jackets is coaching. Torts is a master at getting the most out of his players and getting his teams ready. Until he wears out his welcome after a few years.
Besides point percentages Toronto was still better in these other categories.

Regulation Wins: 28 Toronto, 25 Columbus.

Regulation plus Overtime Wins: 35 Toronto, 33 Columbus.

Overall wins: Toronto 36, Columbus 33.

Goals For: Toronto 238, Columbus 180.

Goals Against: Columbus 187, Toronto 227.

However the difference in both categories still favors Toronto at +11 and Columbus was -7.

Finally Columbus finished with the most overtime/shootout loses at 15. So all those games that got them 1 point in the standings is a main reason why they are in the play in round and not out completely all together.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Besides point percentages Toronto was still better in these other categories.

Regulation Wins: 28 Toronto, 25 Columbus.

Regulation plus Overtime Wins: 35 Toronto, 33 Columbus.

Overall wins: Toronto 36, Columbus 33.

Goals For: Toronto 238, Columbus 180.

Goals Against: Columbus 187, Toronto 227.

However the difference in both categories still favors Toronto at +11 and Columbus was -7.

Finally Columbus finished with the most overtime/shootout loses at 15. So all those games that got them 1 point in the standings is a main reason why they are in the play in round and not out completely all together.
Well spinning it in Columbus favour there are no shootouts or 3vs3 OT in the playoffs so they should be in better shape. Still a coin flip imo.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
such a different situation. Tampa steamrolled the regular season then did nothing in the playoffs.

I'm thinking leafs in 5. Just too much scoring and they were a lot better under Keefe (.628pt%) which is better than the pens

Columbus right there
Since Keefe took over, Columbus has 2 more points but played 3 more games.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Panarin is a huge loss to the Jackets compared to the team that beat the Bolts, but they're still the type of team who could give a skilled team like the Leafs fits, especially since their depth isn't as good as Tampa. I would say the Leafs in 5 under normal circumstances, but who knows with all the time off.
Someone else the Blue Jackets won't have like last year is Bobrovsky, so is Korpisalo going to give them a chance?

I also know that Frederik Andersen hasn't yet won a playoff series with the Leafs and last year he let in some bad goals in Game 6 and Game 7 against Boston. However he still has more playoff experience going back to his time with Anaheim and got to a Game 7 of the Western Conference Final in 2015.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Well, Torts has been with Columbus longer than he was with Vancouver or NYR, so I guess he's worn out his welcome.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Someone else the Blue Jackets won't have like last year is Bobrovsky, so is Korpisalo going to give them a chance?

I also know that Frederik Andersen hasn't yet won a playoff series with the Leafs and last year he let in some bad goals in Game 6 and Game 7 against Boston. However he still has more playoff experience going back to his time with Anaheim and got to a Game 7 of the Western Conference Final in 2015.

If I had to guess, it's probably Merzlikins in net for CBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad