Who Wins the Art Ross?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sid is gonna come out flying. In a shortened season, I wouldn't put it past him to hit his best ppg yet. Alot of players will be rusty, a well rested Sid in his first full season back in 2 years will torch them.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sid is gonna come out flying. In a shortened season, I wouldn't put it past him to hit his best ppg yet. Alot of players will be rusty, a well rested Sid in his first full season back in 2 years will torch them.

I have $20 on Sid hitting 1.7 PPG. I think he has a real chance to approach 2 PPG.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Sid will still be rusty. Most seasons he has fairly slow starts. Still think he turns it out as the season progresses and wins it.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gotta go with Geno here. Playing competitive hockey (and unreal hoceky at that) over in the KHL this year is going to allow him to be a step above others who haven't been playing. Not to mention he's got the Real Deal to help him finish, while Sid doesn't have a player like that.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Geno for the Art Ross and Lindsay! Neal for the Rocket! Sid for the Hart! Letang for the Norris! Vokoun for the Vezina! Sutter for the Selke! Bennet for the Calder! Cooke for the Lady Byng! Paul Maurice for the Jack Adams! Carl Sneep for the Messier Leadership Award!

almost a full sweep. but it'd be totally unrealistic for a penguin to win the Masterton.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Geno for the Art Ross and Lindsay! Neal for the Rocket! Sid for the Hart! Letang for the Norris! Vokoun for the Vezina! Sutter for the Selke! Bennet for the Calder! Cooke for the Lady Byng! Paul Maurice for the Jack Adams! Carl Sneep for the Messier Leadership Award!

almost a full sweep. but it'd be totally unrealistic for a penguin to win the Masterton.

Nice.

It's gotta be Sid or Geno. Sid has been spectacular over his last few shortened seasons, and Geno is tearing up the KHL. This should be fun to watch.

BarnabysBAC*

Geno or Ovi imo.... I think Giroux hits a wall and degresses...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Two people said Ovechkin and I don't get why. He wasn't that great in the KHL and he steadily regressed for a few years now. Not that I think that he can't rebound, but I wonder why some of you think he might win the Art Ross?

As for Giroux, he could do it, but I don't think anybody will beat Sid and Geno this year.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hate Giroux as much as anybody here, but damn is he a good player. Philly has a TON of offense and he's not going to slow down any time soon. Unbelievable player that I would love to have, regardless of his antics.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yah Giroux has a little Patrick Kane in him attitude-wise but not nearly as big a Pejorative Slur, and he's a much better player (currently and upside-wise). You'd be nuts to not take a guy like that on your team (Giroux, not Kane).

As for the trophy I doubt Ovy will be back in Ross territory very often, at least when totals are over 100 pts. He'll still be a top player but his best days are probably behind him IMO. Teams have figured out how to slow him down a little.

I think Sid, Geno, Giroux, maybe even a guy like Eberle have a great shot at it.

Last edited:

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Top 5 why not (HOCKEY IS BACK BABY!!!!)

1. Evgeni Malkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Steven Stamkos (Rocket winner again)
4. Claude Giroux
5. Jason Spezza

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yah of course... Stamkos. Totally forgot that guy. He's right the mix too along with Eberle (possibly even Hall). I expect fireworks in EDM this year.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
If Neal starts off hot, I'm gonna call it now. Rocket trophy will be his with 31 goals.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm quite fine with Neal being a 30 goal guy in an 82 game season. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yah of course... Stamkos. Totally forgot that guy. He's right the mix too along with Eberle (possibly even Hall). I expect fireworks in EDM this year.

I'm a HUGEEEEEEEE Jordan Eberle fan, but I don't think he will be in the Art Ross race just yet. They have a lot of young talent in Edmonton, but I'm not sure they will put it all together this year. Eberle is a lock for PPG production IMO, but I don't think he can challenge the Sids, Genos, Stamkos of the league just yet. As for Stamkos, he is an obvious candidate.

Candyman has Spezza in his top 5 and I agree. If Spezza is healthy, he will score a lot. He is a point-producing machine and Ottawa are trending upwards, he should be in the race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad