Who Wins the Art Ross?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Seeing as how it is now a shortened season at 48-50 games. Who do you think will wind up winning this thing? I'm thinking it will be someone like Kessel who had that really hot start last year, which would piss me off.

Anyone else feel the same way?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
could see OV winning it, a shorter season definitely gives chances to guys who usually wouldn't be in the discussion though (Kessel, Spezza, etc)

DreamBeaut

May 24, 2008
Think Crosby gets his this year.

He'll be in fantastic shape, playing against a balance that may not be. Cream tends to rise to the top in seasons like this.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
could see OV winning it, a shorter season definitely gives chances to guys who usually wouldn't be in the discussion though (Kessel, Spezza, etc)

Apparently Ovie is staying in KHL if he doesn't agree with the CBA. He's being bitter.

Crosby or Malkin for me.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Think Crosby gets his this year.

He'll be in fantastic shape, playing against a balance that may not be. Cream tends to rise to the top in seasons like this.

Especially if the games he typically misses happened to coincide with the ones that were canceled!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Seeing as how it is now a shortened season at 48-50 games. Who do you think will wind up winning this thing? I'm thinking it will be someone like Kessel who had that really hot start last year, which would piss me off.

Anyone else feel the same way?

A Penguin will win the Art Ross. A Penguin will be runner up.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Malkin. He is in game shape, Sid isn't yet. Sure, he is well rested and trained hard, but not having played games for a while will hurt him a little. Geno is on fire in the KHL and it should continue once he arrives here. Plus Geno will play with Neal and we don't know who Sid will get. Geno will win it over Sid, but I see Sid as a close second and he'll close the gap in the second half of the season.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD! It feels so good to talk about HOCKEY for a change! Happy to be back talking PENGUIN HOCKEY with you my friends! :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I would like to adjust my answer. It will be whichever of Geno and Sid gets to play with Kunitz. If Sid is with TK and Dupuis, I probably put my money on Geno playing with Kunitz and Neal. If Sid gets Kunitz and Dupuis, I think he takes it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin. He is in game shape, Sid isn't yet. Sure, he is well rested and trained hard, but not having played games for a while will hurt him a little. Geno is on fire in the KHL and it should continue once he arrives here. Plus Geno will play with Neal and we don't know who Sid will get. Geno will win it over Sid, but I see Sid as a close second and he'll close the gap in the second half of the season.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD! It feels so good to talk about HOCKEY for a change! Happy to be back talking PENGUIN HOCKEY with you my friends! :)

Really, Sid then Geno, Geno then Sid . . . who gives a puck? End of the day, it soon again will be a hockey night in Pittsburgh. :yo:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would like to adjust my answer. It will be whichever of Geno and Sid gets to play with Kunitz. If Sid is with TK and Dupuis, I probably put my money on Geno playing with Kunitz and Neal. If Sid gets Kunitz and Dupuis, I think he takes it.

Well, if Kunitz plays with Sid, then TK likely ends up with Geno and Neal.

So, is the amended answer whoever plays with Kunitz or whoever doesn't play with TK? ;)

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA

Yes this feels great :laugh: LETS GO PENS

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, if Kunitz plays with Sid, then TK likely ends up with Geno and Neal.

So, is the amended answer whoever plays with Kunitz or whoever doesn't play with TK? ;)

I literally had it typed out that way first and decided to be positive about it :laugh:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

Cough NEAL!

Neal will be the difference between the two because he can actually score himself. Neal gave out about 75, 1st and 2nd assists last year with his 40 goals. Kunitz only had 26 goals, which is about 45 assists to be had. Neal is also much younger and less likely to have a decline in goals.

I don't think Neal plays with Crosby much unless Geno gets hurt. Kunitz certainly is our 2nd best scoring winger, but he just isn't close to Neal. I am also starting to think that Malkin is the slightly superior player over Crosby too.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Cough NEAL!

Neal will be the difference between the two because he can actually score himself. Neal gave out about 75, 1st and 2nd assists last year with his 40 goals. Kunitz only had 26 goals, which is about 45 assists to be had. Neal is also much younger and less likely to have a decline in goals.

I don't think Neal plays with Crosby much unless Geno gets hurt. Kunitz certainly is our 2nd best scoring winger, but he just isn't close to Neal. I am also starting to think that Malkin is the slightly superior player over Crosby too.

Malkin isn't superior to Sid, but I will say that I think he has more offensive abilities. However, I think Sid will always be the more effective/useful player. He is WAY more complete and the LITTLE offensive edge Geno has on him doesn't make up the difference defensively, on face offs, etc

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Cough NEAL!

Well, as I keep saying, if Shero trades for Kulemin and Geno brings Moyzakin back in his suitcase, then the issue of who play with Sid kind of sorts itself out . . . ;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I literally had it typed out that way first and decided to be positive about it :laugh:

Just want to make sure . . . you know there's a difference between positivity (optimism) and naivety (blind hope), right?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad