Who Wins the Art Ross?

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Just remembered, Ovie and Stamkos just got a really good defensive player thrown into their division. I wonder what kinda influence J. Staal has on their point totals.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
psh, James Neal is the third best goal scorer on his own team.

I just have a little voice telling me Neal is going to continue growing as a goal scorer with Sid and Geno feeding him apple sauce all day erry day. 31 sounds crazy in 50 games, doesnt it lol. It will happen. BELIEVE@!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just have a little voice telling me Neal is going to continue growing as a goal scorer with Sid and Geno feeding him apple sauce all day erry day. 31 sounds crazy in 50 games, doesnt it lol. It will happen. BELIEVE@!

Its possible. But if he has 31, I think at least one of them has more than that.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I really hope its sid, he's had a nice ppg in his last couple shortened seasons. I kind of think he "has" to, to cement himself at the top again.

With 50 games, though, I dunno. Someone like semin could take it.....gross

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Nah Semin won't take it. 50 games is still alot of games to prove yourself, so I don't think there will be a fluke winner this year. If somebody like the Sedin sisters get off to a fast start maybe one of them could win but I think the *flukiest* it could get is someone like Spezza winning.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Lets not forget, Semin is also on a brand new team. I don't think he'll even be a 20-20 player.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Malkin. He is in game shape, Sid isn't yet. Sure, he is well rested and trained hard, but not having played games for a while will hurt him a little. Geno is on fire in the KHL and it should continue once he arrives here. Plus Geno will play with Neal and we don't know who Sid will get. Geno will win it over Sid, but I see Sid as a close second and he'll close the gap in the second half of the season.

Exactly this. Malkin will start out strong and remain steady all season long. Crosby will start out slow (for him at least) and then in the last 20 or so games absolutely destroy the rest of the league to catch up.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
How cool would it be if Sid and Geno went into the final game of the season tied for the lead?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
It would be very interesting to see how DB doles out ice time/linemates in that scenario, esp. if both are completely healthy.

i'm actually cringing thinking about an empty-net situation at the end of the season. these two guys would be tripping all over themselves to make a pass to give each other the Art Ross clinching goal.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Geno does. Because how could it be otherwise?

Yeah, exactly my thoughts, it couldn't. In the beginning of KHL season it took him a month to shake off the rust. But now he is on fire.
It was the same last season when he turned on his beast mode in December and made all NHL teams genophobic. Can't wait to watch his dominance once again

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I see Crosby/Malkin finishing 1-2. Could see either one winning it...crosby's going to come out on a mission and malkin is already tearing it up in the khl.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
To be honest, the Pens forum is not the right place for this thread.
It should be moved to NHL Talk to make fans of other teams voting too.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Crosby had what, 37 points in 21 games last season while coming off serious injuries? I'd guess he'll rack up points now that he's fully healthy. Could see him flirting with the 80 points mark by the end of the season.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm gonna take a dive off the unrealistic tree here...

In the shortened season, most people are out of shape, but Crosby comes out swinging. Crosby nets 50 goals in 48/50 games. Becomes the first player to get 50 in 50 since Hull in 92. Joins the elite club of Gretz, Lemieux, Bossy, Hull, and Richard. People go crazy, but contribute the crazy production to other players being out of shape. Crosby wins the Art Ross, Lindsay, and Hart in sweeping fashion.

Vokoun takes a near 50/50 split with MAF, which pressures Fleury to play his best season ever.

Despite the crazy point production and good goaltending, Pens get 4th in the East and play the Flyers in the first round. Pens tops the Flyers in 7, Canes in 5, Boston in 6, and finally the Blues in 6. Tarensenko plays at an elite level in the finals and Crosby scores a few game winners, but the Conn Smythe goes back to Malkin with his beast-mode play in the playoffs. Even though Crosby is glad that the Pens won, he is disturbed that he let another Conn Smythe get past him. He trains even harder for the next season...

:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->