Who Will Win The Hart Trophy?

Who will win the 2022 Hart Trophy?

• Total voters

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
In the last 22 years, there’s been 3 (4 if not for Covid) 60 goal seasons, and 4 (5 possibly 6 if not for Covid), 120+ point seasons.

The more rare achievement is probably bigger, thus being less frequently accomplished. Good argument though, as usual.
So if Connor gets 2 more points in the next two games and finishes with 124 points. Only two players have done that in the last 22 years. Will you change your vote then?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
So if Connor gets 2 more points in the next two games and finishes with 124 points. Only two players have done that in the last 22 years. Will you change your vote then?
What vote? I didn’t make any vote. By the same scale, yeah it’s every bit as impressive. I’m unsure why we have to be so insecure about this.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
What vote? I didn’t make any vote. By the same scale, yeah it’s every bit as impressive. I’m unsure why we have to be so insecure about this.
What insecurity? I’m following up with a question on a message board??? Isn’t that the point of these things?

Mar 26, 2010
Those secondary assists against all the weak non-playoff teams are not that special.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Naaah. Team is very easily a playoff team without him, as they showed in the 8 games he's missed.

Take Gaudreau off Calgary or McDavid off Edmonton and I don't think you can say the same thing.

8 game sample doesn’t mean much. Leafs goaltending has been awful the majority of the year, outside of the start of the year where Matthews missed some of those games and then started slow. During his 51 in 50 period, the Leafs had a .892 SV% and were giving up 3.37 G/GP. They needed all the offense they could get. The team is also 5-8-2 in the games Matthews doesn’t record a point.

I think the Leafs would suffer pretty similarly this year in terms of falling down the standings without Matthews as Calgary would without Gaudreau or the Oilers would without McDavid. They might be less likely to fall out of the playoffs, but that’s because there’s a huge cushion in the East, which shouldn’t really be held against anyone.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
8 game sample doesn’t mean much. Leafs goaltending has been awful the majority of the year, outside of the start of the year where Matthews missed some of those games and then started slow. During his 51 in 50 period, the Leafs had a .892 SV% and were giving up 3.37 G/GP. They needed all the offense they could get. The team is also 5-8-2 in the games Matthews doesn’t record a point.

I think the Leafs would suffer pretty similarly this year in terms of falling down the standings without Matthews as Calgary would without Gaudreau or the Oilers would without McDavid. They might be less likely to fall out of the playoffs, but that’s because there’s a huge cushion in the East, which shouldn’t really be held against anyone.
Naah. Maple leafs have 5 other players over 60 points. Flames only have 2 aside from Gaudreau. Oilers only have 1 aside from McDavid.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Mcdavid has 10 PPG (44 PP points) and 12 EN points (7 goals)

Matthews has 16 PPG (29 PP points) and 3 EN points (all goals)

Mcdavid has 27 goals at even strength and he has 38 assists (without the EN)

Matthews has 41 goals at even strength and 33 assists at even strength. (Without the EN)

I left out defensive stats because it isn’t close at all.

This is with Matthews playing 6 less games.

Matthews>Mcdavid
So how come NHL players just voted for McDavid over Matthews in a landslide this season?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So how come NHL players just voted for McDavid over Matthews in a landslide this season?
Because the players who play against the two players every night think one player is clearly better. It’s hard to argue with the players who are the best judges.
And the poster you quoted neglected to say that McDavid had 16 more points and 32 more assists than Matthews. It’s easy to make one player appear better when you only post the stats that favour that player.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Because the players who play against the two players every night think one player is clearly better. It’s hard to argue with the players who are the best judges.
McDavid is the best player in the world. The players know it. That doesn’t inform who deserves the Hart this year. They weren’t asked who had the best season this year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Naah. Maple leafs have 5 other players over 60 points. Flames only have 2 aside from Gaudreau. Oilers only have 1 aside from McDavid.

Aaaand as I wrote, they’ve also had shit goaltending. There’s two sides of the rink. Flames are allowing far fewer goals than the Leafs. Having more top end scorers doesn’t matter if they’re giving up just as much against you make up for it.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Aaaand as I wrote, they’ve also had shit goaltending. There’s two sides of the rink. Flames are allowing far fewer goals than the Leafs. Having more top end scorers doesn’t matter if they’re giving up just as much against you make up for it.
Yet they were still 6-1-1 without him.

Matthews has a very strong argument for the Lindsay. The Hart? Not so much.

He'll still probably win it because of Toronto media bias, but that doesn't mean he deserves it. Huberdeau has the same issue.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
And the poster you quoted neglected to say that McDavid had 16 more points and 32 more assists than Matthews. It’s easy to make one player appear better when you only post the stats that favour that player.
Pretty much this. Their peers voted McDavid the better player this season by a wide margin.

And McDavid widened his lead on Matthews to 17 points (and 33 assists) in the scoring race last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
LOL. So many losers will claim "Matthews can only win it because media bias" but that's on them. Anyone who wins it this year is 100% deserving, as all the top candidates have had AMAZING seasons this year.

But by all means........keep doing cartwheels for your guy, and keep trying to diminish the other guys because "conspiracies". Pathetic but amusing. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad