Who Will Win The Hart Trophy?

Who will win the 2022 Hart Trophy?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I say McDavid wins it

Lots of posters saying Shesterkin should win and i just dont see it:

- low games played vs other hart winning goalies
- a few bad games recently and he's down to 936 sv% (~2 weeks ago was 942). Great, but seems less historic
- Rangers have a great team. When Price/Theo/Hasek won , the narrative was "wow goalie is carrying very average team". Rangers have Panarin, Fox etc. Not the same.
- anytime a goalie won the hart was in a very weak forward year. This year is very strong for forwards

Not trying to diminish his great season - but he won't win, and imo won't be top 2 either. Top 3-5 i could see.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
McDavid will win it but it should be Josi. When you're outscoring your closest teammate by 13pts all the while providing top-level offense and leading the defensemen in scoring, you should get consideration.

Josi is providing offensive support comparable to prime Karlsson with much better defense.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Already a thread up, but for me Mcdavid, Shesterkin, Huberdeau HM: Gaudreau, Makar, Josi Mcdavid winning

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
McDavid will win it but it should be Josi. When you're outscoring your closest teammate by 13pts all the while providing top-level offense and leading the defensemen in scoring, you should get consideration.

Josi is providing offensive support comparable to prime Karlsson with much better defense.
It’s one of the biggest fly under the radar seasons ever I think. For a player that has a Norris under his belt, I didn’t even know he was point per game.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I say McDavid wins it

- a few bad games recently and he's down to 936 sv% (~2 weeks ago was 942). Great, but seems less historic
- Rangers have a great team. When Price/Theo/Hasek won , the narrative was "wow goalie is carrying very average team". Rangers have Panarin, Fox etc. Not the same.
- anytime a goalie won the hart was in a very weak forward year. This year is very strong for forwards

Not trying to diminish his great season - but he won't win, and imo won't be top 2 either. Top 3-5 i could see.

The Rangers have some star players, but as a whole the team hasn’t played very well outside of the PP. They’re bottom half of the league in goals for and give up a ton of chances against. I don’t think the Rangers are much different than what other Hart goaltenders were carrying. I agree his smaller workload hurts him though, and he’s unlikely to be a finalist given the forward competition unless his numbers go back up to near .940 level.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I say McDavid wins it

Pretty much this and at this point it is for McDavid's to lose and he has been historically really good down the stretch.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That would rule. It can’t just be a second Art Ross in Edmonton again. Feels like the year a goalie should get their due too.

Goalies and Dmen already have their own trophy and their isn't a best forward trophy, unless one thinks the Art Ross is one.

Like it or not historically this is how many Hart voters perceive Hart voting and I haven't seen any signs of it changing any time soon.

To me the race for the Norris will be the tightest down the stretch.

Reactions: Dust

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Now that Draisaitl has caught Matthews in goals, Shest has had a string of bad games if I'm not mistaken and McDavid is catching fire he'll have a healthy enough lead in points that when it's time to vote it'll go to McDavid.

Edit: if Josi hits 100 pts it's his IMO, but I doubt that.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Goalies and Dmen already have their own trophy and their isn't a best forward trophy, unless one thinks the Art Ross is one.

Like it or not historically this is how many Hart voters perceive Hart voting and I haven't seen any signs of it changing any time soon.

To me the race for the Norris will be the tightest down the stretch.

ive observed awards voting for 20 years, I know the drill.

I like your point bout the Norris being the most interesting awards race. If it weren’t for the precedent/prejudice about forwards winning the Hart, Josi and Makar should be arguably dueling it out for that award also.

Reactions: wetcoast

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Huberdeau shouldn’t even be top 5.

It’s very difficult this season. Guys like Gaudreau, Shesterkin, Makar, Matthews, Josi, and the Oilers duo have all been worthy in different ways.

Reactions: wetcoast

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I doubt McDavid gets it tbh. It’s pretty hard to win back to back harts, especially if you’re not lapping the field during the 2nd season. I think Draisaitl being close to him in production is ultimately going to cost him.

There is no clear cut winner as of now. My guess is that Matthews has a strong finish and gets it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I voted Matthews, I think McDavid will be second. I just don't have any faith in voters actually picking a goalie this season, the forwards are incredibly strong.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Dman josi at 79 and leading his team by 13 points more impressive than any forward scoring at this point in the season.

My 3 finalists are probably
Josi
Shestyorkin
draistl/makar

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
McDavid should take it if the Oilers make the playoffs. He’s having another amazing year and he and Drai are dragging a pretty weak oiler team into the playoffs.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Gaudreau and I'm 100 % biased. Going into the season everyone said Calgary didn't have the offense to do well, well he is 3rd in points and only 7 back of first in the league. He leads the league in ES points and has become a pretty elite 2 way player and when you look at his ice time per game he is significantly behind the 2 guys ahead of him in the point race. He is making a real strong case to being not only the most impactful player in Alberta but the entire league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad