Who will win the Calder this season?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I think you mean 2017 draft. I’d hardly say the flyers messed up. He and Hischier were the easy top two picks. EP came on strong last year in Europe and looked to be great but it wasn’t like he was that well known. The nucks got lucky to fall back.

I said that Patrick could be more valuable. In that Bergeron is more valuable in his prime than Gaudreau. Patrick looks great defensively. Even pick pocketed EP last night. He has come on strong offensively like last season when the end of the year he was approaching a ppg too. He had an assist last night. Hit the post on a great shot. Won the game before in OT. He needs confidence and time to recover from major surgeries. I can still see him as a 60-80 pt player. Then you look at EP who’s great, but not playing behind anyone on a shallow cnaucks team. Then you look at his shooting % that will come down. You are going to have wait on that good laugh for a year or two bc it’s not reasonable to compare both players right now.

Finally, the flyers have one of the highest scoring top 6s in the league. They have one of the youngest and most promising D corps in the league. They look to have one of the best future goalies in the league. They have one of the best project pools in the league. They will be looking to add the 2nd best coach in the league. Winning a draft lottery and picking up a gig whose floor is 60 pts is not going to haunt anyone lol. We have Couts Patrick Frost down the middle as the future and that’s excellent. That’s like saying missing on Hughes will haunt them. They will be fine and are literally lucky to have Patrick.
Once he reaches his prime, Nolan Patrick will likely be a very solid 2C and that's fine. The Flyers will take that, you're right. But, in no way shape or form, are he and Pettersson comparable. Pettersson is trending toward a Datsyuk-level player, elite in every zone, while Patrick will be closer to a Bo Horvat-level player (if everything goes right). He is no Bergeron.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
this thread has hit a new low with the Flyers coming in...seriously a goalie with only 16 games played is not contending for the Calder....and no he has not been has good as Dahlin...who has helped the Sabres ALL year and is also on a team that is in playoff position and the Sabres haven't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade. He isn't even in the same stratosphere as Petterson for the Calder.

Reactions: Sayonara77 and Love

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Once he reaches his prime, Nolan Patrick will likely be a very solid 2C and that's fine. The Flyers will take that, you're right. But, in no way shape or form, are he and Pettersson comparable. Pettersson is trending toward a Datsyuk-level player, elite in every zone, while Patrick will be closer to a Bo Horvat-level player (if everything goes right). He is no Bergeron.
I never said he was Bergeron. EP looks very good. I just think you have to wait a few years to declare value. Right now EP>>Patrick. I really wouldn’t discount Patrick Outsocring EP the rest of the year as crazy as that sounds.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Kotkaniemi.
He's already Montreal's best C, so i expect him to play around 16-17 minutes with PP time.
In these circumstances and with that talent, he could end up in the discussion for the calder.
He's been really good this year. Taken me by surprise. Habs have a really good one.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Patrick is mediocre until proven otherwise and isn't in consideration anyways. End of discussion.

EP
Dahlin
Kotkaniemi
Heiskanen
Tkachuk

Reactions: DCHabitant

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I never said he was Bergeron. EP looks very good. I just think you have to wait a few years to declare value. Right now EP>>Patrick. I really wouldn’t discount Patrick Outsocring EP the rest of the year as crazy as that sounds.
That will only happen if Pettersson has a season-ending injury.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Wh
this thread has hit a new low with the Flyers coming in...seriously a goalie with only 16 games played is not contending for the Calder....and no he has not been has good as Dahlin...who has helped the Sabres ALL year and is also on a team that is in playoff position and the Sabres haven't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade. He isn't even in the same stratosphere as Petterson for the Calder.
Who cares when sabres made playoffs? If somehow flyers make playoffs and Carter play 40 games on the same lever or better. Carter Hart has to be considered... He is the reason why, best player on the ice each and every time.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Wh

Who cares when sabres made playoffs? If somehow flyers make playoffs and Carter play 40 games on the same lever or better. Carter Hart has to be considered... He is the reason why, best player on the ice each and every time.
Is this some sort of joke thread how can people honestly say this with Giroux and Couterier on the same team....Giroux literally lead the league in assists last season. He's not Hasek...:cool:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Is this some sort of joke thread how can people honestly say this with Giroux and Couterier on the same team....Giroux literally lead the league in assists last season. He's not Hasek...:cool:
Giroux, Hasek? Couturier? what in gods name are you talking about?

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010

Giroux, Hasek? Couturier? what in gods name are you talking about?

I'll take a crack on what Panthaz is trying to say.
He feels that Giroux and Couturier are both better players on the ice than Hart. (Not that I agree with this notion, as a matter of fact, I watched the game where the Flyers played the Canucks and Hart flat out robbed the Canucks a few times)
Therefore, as he feels Giroux and Couturier are both better players on the team, Hart is no Hasek (a goalie who was always considered the best player on the team during his time as a Sabre)

Reactions: Aspirine

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I'll take a crack on what Panthaz is trying to say.
He feels that Giroux and Couturier are both better players on the ice than Hart. (Not that I agree with this notion, as a matter of fact, I watched the game where the Flyers played the Canucks and Hart flat out robbed the Canucks a few times)
Therefore, as he feels Giroux and Couturier are both better players on the team, Hart is no Hasek (a goalie who was always considered the best player on the team during his time as a Sabre)
1st of all there is only one Hasek... I hope you agree... Second, that is the point... with out this kid flyers would lose 70% of the games. He keeps FLyers in the game.. always, I do mean always. If FLyers were just a little better defensively Hart would be over .933. Regardless of how Couturier and Giroux play.. Flyers as team team give up a ton of chances and we went through 8 goalies.. there was a reason why Hart was named rookie of the month.. He deserved it and... if he wins another rookie of the month there is no reason he should not be nominated for rookie of the year.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Honestly dude I don’t think Patrick goes top 10 in a redraft, Hart looks good though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad