Who will win the Calder this season?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Hart has a better chance than Dahlin to overtake EP. Honestly, if he gets them into the playoffs I think it's a better story considering that franchises' longstanding issues in net.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Hart has a better chance than Dahlin to overtake EP. Honestly, if he gets them into the playoffs I think it's a better story considering that franchises' longstanding issues in net.
As someone mentioned, Hart is behind Blackwood for rookie goalie stats. If he is to become a serious contender for the Calder in relation to Pettersson, he’d have to separate himself from the other rookie goalies in the manor that Pettersson has separated himself from the other rookie skaters at least.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Hart does not even have the best SV% or GAA for rookies. Blackwood has better than Hart in both of them.

Hart has played 300 more minutes than Blackwood. They are also sheltering Blackwood by using him as a true backup playing against weaker opposition. I'd love to see the shots against stats as well because i'm sure it leans heavily towards Hart.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
As someone mentioned, Hart is behind Blackwood for rookie goalie stats. If he is to become a serious contender for the Calder in relation to Pettersson, he’d have to separate himself from the other rookie goalies in the manor that Pettersson has separated himself from the other rookie skaters at least.

I mean he has the highest winning %, and is like .001 off of Blackwood's Sv%, and when you look at Kinkaid and Schneider's stats versus the goalie train that Philly has used this year it starts painting a picture. Philly has like a 25% difference in their winning% with him in net compared to not. He's doing what Mason did for Columbus, he just needs to keep it up, 16GP is small, but there's still like 29 games left, if he starts the majority of that and he continues at this pace he'd get my vote. I mean the rate at what he's winning if he did it from the start of the season, Philly would be ahead of Tampa.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Blackwood got sent to the AHL and if he stays there his lack of games played will put an asterisk next to his sv%/GAA when comparing him to other rookie goalies (assuming Hart keeps playing and winning).

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
EP
Hart
Heiskanen

Those will be the top3 noms

People need to get over this "hot start" when it comes to Hart. Literally the best goalie prospect in the league, is coming into the league and looking like a stud. I mean, I guess when he is winning Vezina/s people might finally come to the conclusion that oh......maybe this amazing pedigree and success isn't just a fluke.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
EP
Hart
Heiskanen

Those will be the top3 noms

People need to get over this "hot start" when it comes to Hart. Literally the best goalie prospect in the league, is coming into the league and looking like a stud. I mean, I guess when he is winning Vezina/s people might finally come to the conclusion that oh......maybe this amazing pedigree and success isn't just a fluke.
If that is your order then you really need to do some soul searching. Hart is no way in hell higher than Miro in any aspect.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
The finns will make a case for Miro til they die, though.
You are making a case for the most messages including Finns in it by a foreigner. Just passing by, but you seem to be very interested in Finnish people judging by past.

It's Pettersson's to lose but what Hart is doing right now... if Hart gets Philly in the playoffs it's not an easy decision.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
If Hart was there to start the year, he'd be higher than Miro. That's my view as a Finnish Flyers fan.

There's only one goalie at a time and 6 Dmen.
Goalies ride hot streaks more so than any other position and a 20 game sample size this far into the season will negate him from being in the top 3.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Goalies ride hot streaks more so than any other position and a 20 game sample size this far into the season will negate him from being in the top 3.
Like I said, if Hart was there to start the year..

I don't think goalies ride hot streaks more than any other position.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Dahlin, Johnsson and White are currently on pace for 45/46 points, Pettersson currently HAS 46 points. This is no longer a contest unless Pettersson gets injured.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
You are making a case for the most messages including Finns in it by a foreigner. Just passing by, but you seem to be very interested in Finnish people judging by past.

It's Pettersson's to lose but what Hart is doing right now... if Hart gets Philly in the playoffs it's not an easy decision.
I get your point, but its more about pointing out the people (usually finnish) who cant see past a players nationality when entering a discussion.

On Miro: I think hes a 3/4 in the rookie race atm with Hart. Only an amazing run the rest of the season or injuries to others should make him a ”contender”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad