Who will win the Calder this season?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
While I’m biased I think it’s essentially a two horse race between Pettersson and Dahlin. And right now I’d give EP a decent lead. His numbers are better than even Barzal last year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pettersson still quite easily. No one will take that from him

Also no one has passed Heiskanen up for 3rd place no matter their offensive production. Especially not a forward on a high powered offensive team with just 2 more points than him. Miro plays such a crucial role defensively on one of the best defensive teams in the league. His 27 minutes against the Preds last night really showed that

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd probably switch around Heiskanen and Tkachuk to be honest. But it's irrelevant. It looks like a unanimous win, if anything.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I didn't realize there was more than one rookie playing this year

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
This thread should be renamed “who should be the 2 other nominees for the calder even if Petterson is gonna win?”

Jesperi Kotkaniemi is slowly making a case for a nomination. Let’s see how he does for the rest of the season but he’s been lights out lately! 3 goals in last 4! And fantastic playmaking overall, the “finnish” line seems to have scoring opportunities every shift lately, and most of the time because of KK

Simpo

Sep 18, 2011
After his 5-point game against Colorado, the Avs commentary team are particularly taken with Pettersson. Here they are enthusing about him from Saturday.

Reactions: bh53, Love and pomx

pomx

May 15, 2014
After his 5-point game against Colorado, the Avs commentary team are particularly taken with Pettersson. Here they are enthusing about him from Saturday.

Why is the rookie so good!? Love it.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
EP is a beauty, his D-zone breakouts are incredible to watch. You add 15 pounds of muscle and nothing is going to stop this kid on a rush...just wait and see.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think Kyrou has a good chance next year

I mean, he was supposed to be a darkhorse favourite this year (Blues fans), so 1 extra year of development and ripping up A. Easy

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
41 saves on 42 shots tonight. 7 wins in a row for him, 8 for the team and they are somehow within striking distance of a playoff spot

Reactions: Rob Brown

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
It's EP's to lose, but if Hart keeps it up and gets the Flyers into the playoffs somehow someway, it will be tough to deny him.

Reactions: Cody Webster

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Hart is wonderful and had a great performance tonight.

Maybe if he started the season with the team he'd be there but I think he's missed too many games to win the calder. Same as if Pettersson's season were to end now it'd go to someone else despite the 90 point pace.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah Hart has been great but it wouldn't be right to include him if he's not even going to end up with 40 games this season.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
It should totally depend on who leads his team to playoffs. If both, then it's debatable.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I feel like there are a lot of good rookies in the running this year.
Svechnikov
Dahlin
Middelstadt
Heiskenen
Pettersen
Alex Nylander could be interesting.
I think Gabriel Vilardi could be one to watch.
cody glass has an interesting resume.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: The best example how AHL player development works for the average player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad