Who Will Replace Hunter (Poll)

Who is the next Headscout/Agm for the Leafs

• Total voters

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
the guy who drafts in NSH.
do it, Kyle.
What's funny is that Thommie Bergman's son works as a scout for Nashville, and like Thommie he's got an eye for talent. Helped select players like Hornqvist, Arvidsson and Ekholm.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
What's funny is that Thommie Bergman's son works as a scout for Nashville, and like Thommie he's got an eye for talent. Helped select players like Hornqvist, Arvidsson and Ekholm.
Why hasn't anyone mentioned him hasn't he helped find some gems for us? Just wondering

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Because if he can find a "Sebastian Aho" type of player in the second round for the leafs, he would rock.

Was Francis Head of Scouting in Carolina?

I wouldn't call all of their drafting a "success story". You think they'd make the playoffs one of these days if Francis was such a wizard.

I am not saying that he doesn't qualify for AGM, but I seriously have my doubts based on his body of work.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Was Francis Head of Scouting in Carolina?

I wouldn't call all of their drafting a "success story". You think they'd make the playoffs one of these days if Francis was such a wizard.

I am not saying that he doesn't qualify for AGM, but I seriously have my doubts based on his body of work.
I haven't really vetted him as a GM but that whole Darling transaction stunk out loud from the git go.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Do we really need or want Chuck Fletcher? I get Cliff Fletcher put together like 4 winning seasons here in the mid 90s, but I just don't see why we need to continue the Fletcher family legacy with this franchise.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
They both said they think the Leafs will hire Francis. Here's a full quote I transcribed from Mirtle.

Mirtle "Francis who's from the Soo, like Dubas, and I'm told they are really really close. Obviously Ron Francis was fired from the Hurricanes. The debate if they hire Ron Francis, which I think they will hire him, [goes on a tangent about his tenure of Francis in Carolina]."

Siegel also echoed the same thing.

They did talk about what you said as well, about finding inefficiencies and embracing analytics to make decisions, as well as maximizing draft selections.
Friedman reported the same thing in one of his 30 thoughts blogs -- too much smoke for there not to be fire.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Friedman reported the same thing in one of his 30 thoughts blogs -- too much smoke for there not to be fire.

McKenzie said something about it as well but fully admitted that it wasn't insider information though.

I wonder if Francis would bring in Darren Yorke and Eric Tulsky from the Hurricanes with him?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wonder if Steve Staois (Pres and GM) and/or Ian Meagher (AGM) from the Hamilton Bulldogs could also be brought back? They were both apart of the Leafs/Marlies before they were hired to run the Bulldogs in 2015.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So now our AGMs positions are filled, all we need now is a Head/Director Scout to replace Hunter, and probably switch up some scouts.

Speltz seems like a good candidate that is rumoured but like the Gilman hire, could be someone we have no idea about.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So now our AGMs positions are filled, all we need now is a Head/Director Scout to replace Hunter, and probably switch up some scouts.

Speltz seems like a good candidate that is rumoured but like the Gilman hire, could be someone we have no idea about.

I think Dave Morrisson gets that job back.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They both said they think the Leafs will hire Francis. Here's a full quote I transcribed from Mirtle.

Mirtle "Francis who's from the Soo, like Dubas, and I'm told they are really really close. Obviously Ron Francis was fired from the Hurricanes. The debate if they hire Ron Francis, which I think they will hire him, [goes on a tangent about his tenure of Francis in Carolina]."

Siegel also echoed the same thing.

They did talk about what you said as well, about finding inefficiencies and embracing analytics to make decisions, as well as maximizing draft selections.

Because if he can find a "Sebastian Aho" type of player in the second round for the leafs, he would rock.

So, I was wondering how people felt about the job Mark Hunter did? Did he do a good job, or do folks feel we should of got better prospects in rounds 2 - 7?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Dave Morrisson gets that job back.

Yikes I hope not. He couldn't even draft well in the first round let alone in the top 60. I doubt Dubas has any intentions of doing that.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So, I was wondering how people felt about the job Mark Hunter did? Did he do a good job, or do folks feel we should of got better prospects in rounds 2 - 7?

He did really well. It wasn't great, or at least not as great as people expected but a passing grade for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad