Who Will Replace Hunter (Poll)

Who is the next Headscout/Agm for the Leafs

• Total voters

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Discuss my bruthas and sisters. I wish Hunter nothing but the best, but its time to move on.

I added some obvious candidates and something random. Feel free to criticise If feel necessary

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Too bad our 2nd Mark Hunter we tried to hire in Kelly McCrimmon ended up joining Vegas. I am sure Brendan and Kyle will find a good replacement. As far as assistant GM responsibilities go, I wouldn't mind Fletcher for the Leaf connection and having GM experience to support Kyle, or Ron Francis as I really liked and agreed with what he was doing in Carolina.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Who'll replace our assistant GM position? I'd guess Pridham.

I think they mean to replace Hunter as director of all scouting, which is a big role to fill and not filled by a cap wizard like Pridham.

Pridham will very likely be Dubas' right hand man though and they appear to be pretty close from recent Dubas interviews.

So basically I believe the front office will be something like this:

President: Shanahan
GM: Dubas
AGM (contracts related): Pridham (strong assumption this will happen)
AGM (Marlies): TBD (Raftis? Francis?)
Director of Scouting and player personnel: TBD (Vuori? Burke?)

Last edited:

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I just hope it's someone who would love to work for the Leafs, and really wants it. Not just a guy who thinks he is the best and becomes jealous when others get promoted instead of him, than leaves immediately.

Reactions: Brown Dog

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Considering Hunter was essentially the head of scouting, as well as other AGM duties, I went with Chuck Fletcher. It would be a step down for him, since he was the GM in Minny, but I think he's the best man for the job. Plus he could handle more than just scouting, as Hunter did, so there's less of a gap left over.

If we were to pick just one of those candidates to hite as an assistant GM, I would pick Ron Francis. However, I don't know too much about his scouting prowess to say he could fill Hunter's shoes. Most of the best scouts are people whose names we never hear. For Francis I like that history would be repeating itself a bit, leaving Carolina for a shot at a Cup in Toronto.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Within the organization guess: (AGM) Brandon Pridham
Outside of the organization guess: (AGM) Ron Francis

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm wondering out loud, why it can't be Reid Mitchell? Other than he isn't a known name.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I could see him coming in as a Lou Replacement in an advisor role for Kyle Dubas i.e. Senior Advisor & Assistant GM

anyone else?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think they mean to replace Hunter as director of all scouting, which is a big role to fill and not filled by a cap wizard like Pridham.

Pridham will very likely be Dubas' right hand man though and they appear to be pretty close from recent Dubas interviews.

So basically I believe the front office will be something like this:

President: Shanahan
GM: Dubas
AGM (contracts related): Pridham (strong assumption this will happen)
AGM (Marlies): TBD (Raftis? Francis?)
Director of Scouting and player personnel: TBD (Vuori? Burke?)

then you try to snake someone up coming and make him the asst. to the GM.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I’m pretty sure there are a few people around these parts that feel they could do the job or even better. I mean they are already arm chair GM’s so it might be a step down for them.

Reactions: bonjovi0308

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Whoever it is, I just hope they enter in at the Draft like this

Juwipb.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad