Who will have the loudest arena?

Axel

Mar 19, 2013
It was actually 124 db's

Islanders had great atmosphere tonight...they have solid die hard 10,000 fan's they seem to be the one's chanting a lot ..but they just don't have a strong bold sound... You can hear difference when all their crowd chants and then just the die hards. As said on tv broad act tonight "This islanders crowd is loud, but did you hear Winnipeg? That must have been magical"

But islanders fan's only one's saying they're loudest. So will give it to em to feel better. We can now just let media eat up our crowd and other fan bases. We don't need to tell anybody.

Game 4 tmrw, can't wait. I hope we win lol

I think it's the Winnepeg fans (some on here have been objective about it though) that need it to feel better based on the quotes in here. If you don't need to tell anybody, then why are the Winnepeg fans telling everybody? The arenas are a huge reason that they (Winnepeg/Islanders) are the loudest. Winnepeg has the smallest sellout crowd and the Isles the second smallest, I believe. When you cram those crowds in an old small concrete structure they will make much more noise than the other arenas. When the Islanders move to the Barclay's Center next year and have the same exact crowd, i'm sure they will sound like every other crowd in the newer sound absorbent arenas. When Winnepeg moves to a new arena, the same thing will happen to them.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Winnipeg, Islanders and Nashville have 3 of the 4 smallest buildings in the league. They're also some of the loudest. Has to be a little correlation there.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Winnipeg, Islanders and Nashville have 3 of the 4 smallest buildings in the league. They're also some of the loudest. Has to be a little correlation there.

More than a little. This is mostly chest thumping over who has the easiest job of making a building sound loud.

Anyway the loudest buildings in the end will be the ones in the Final, which will probably neither be Winnipeg or the Islanders, so...

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I think it's the Winnepeg fans (some on here have been objective about it though) that need it to feel better based on the quotes in here. If you don't need to tell anybody, then why are the Winnepeg fans telling everybody? The arenas are a huge reason that they (Winnepeg/Islanders) are the loudest. Winnepeg has the smallest sellout crowd and the Isles the second smallest, I believe. When you cram those crowds in an old small concrete structure they will make much more noise than the other arenas. When the Islanders move to the Barclay's Center next year and have the same exact crowd, i'm sure they will sound like every other crowd in the newer sound absorbent arenas. When Winnepeg moves to a new arena, the same thing will happen to them.

Our arena is only like 10 years old......We will be there a long time....they are actually adding another 300 seats for next season in the same space......it is a sardine can :D

Still have no idea how we can say who has the loudest? Insert my teams building is the loudest in every post lol

seasontixholder*

Where's Winnepeg?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If the Mts Centre sold seats on top of the scoreboard fans would buy them.

On a Jets game you can not move in there especially in the upperdeck.

It is like an ant farm in there.

Our arena is only like 10 years old......We will be there a long time....they are actually adding another 300 seats for next season in the same space......it is a sardine can :D

Still have no idea how we can say who has the loudest? Insert my teams building is the loudest in every post lol

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
calgary and winnipeg for sure... but those team havent been in the playoff for ages... so not surprise they are playoff hungry..

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ya easily winnipeg. And with only with something like 15,000 people...
Adding 4,000 seats makes the arena much larger too, so you can't just saying "with only" so many fans because the venue makes a difference.

But it's all moot because in 15-20 it will be dead quiet until October.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
CTC hit 118 decibels at points tonight. At least during the time the levels were broadcast.

Zakkk

Nov 18, 2011
Good, Jets got swept. No more "OMG JETS AINEC! BEST FANS 4EVA!!!" posts.

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
is 3db when you are talking 120+ really that big of a difference? This is much closer than people make it out to be.
Decibels are a logarithmic scale, so a 10 dB difference feels roughly twice as loud. For what it's worth, even short term exposure can cause permanent hearing damage at 140dB. OSHA recommends limiting yourself to 15 mins max per day at 115dB or higher.

CKJohn

Apr 23, 2007
Jets fans, I love you guys. I have a lot of respect for the fan base and what they've gone through with the Jets. I had the Jets going to the Conf finals in my bracket so of course I've watched a lot of the games. More specifically in Winnipeg because I swore that the crowd would feed the team.

I was wrong.

The team was feeding the crowd. In the first period of the game last night, that arena was silent enough to hear the players talking and the puck hitting sticks. I think I was in shock by how quiet it was in there.

Sorry Jets fans, but based on my observations of the games, Ottawa has been by far the loudest building. The Islanders and the Habs also have been very loud. (I did not consider Detroit at all because I don't want to be Bias)

The end of the game in Winnipeg was loud, but it seemed to be a last hurrah towards the team. Don't get me wrong. Winnipeg can be loud, but it was not anywhere near what I expected.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
People are trying to compare fan loudness based on TV broadcasts? Seems like a crazy notion to me.

maybe you can comment on consistency, but trying to compare peak volumes when mic placement and sound mix affect the broadcast seems a bit silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad