Who will have the loudest arena?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
There is absolutey NO way winnipeg was louder than the coliseum was yesterday at ANY point in time for games 3 or 4. I understand winnipeg fans needs something to hang onto but there really is just no way. Isles fans are a different breed of loud. Sorry. Once the isles beat the caps tomorrow tune into game 3 vs the rangers. Saying winnipeg is louder than that crowd is an insult to hockey fans in general.

There is no way to prove this either way. So take off your homer glasses. Sorry, but it seems like you really need something to hang onto judging by your post. Insult to hockey fans in general, boy you really take this serious don't you.

I think there are a whole bunch of buildings that are noticeably louder than others. Of these louder buildings they all are more or lesson even when they are all completely rocking,

Inapt

Oct 23, 2012
Agreed, there are probably 3-4 ridiculous loud buildings and than theres the others. But it's impossible to tell which of those loud buildings are the loudest. And in reality, who cares? It shows the loud buildings are supporting their teams but who cares who's the loudest?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Agreed, there are probably 3-4 ridiculous loud buildings and than theres the others. But it's impossible to tell which of those loud buildings are the loudest. And in reality, who cares? It shows the loud buildings are supporting their teams but who cares who's the loudest?

The only true way to tell is using a noise-o-meter. Those things are 100% accurate. Right?

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
I'm oilers fan too. I admit cgy was not crazy in game 3 or 4 but they brought back the 04* cup run atmosphere for game 6. There db noise did rivaled Winnipeg.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
mts centre is pretty damn quiet right now, i bet.

i'll tip my hat to how the jets fans saluted their team after the sweep, but for the love of god, hang your hat on something else. please.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
mts centre is pretty damn quiet right now, i bet.

i'll tip my hat to how the jets fans saluted their team after the sweep, but for the love of god, hang your hat on something else. please.

I disagree, I stand by what someone said in the "Things your sure about thread" and Jets fans are still applauding the Jets at the MTS center haha

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
The Bell Center is damn loud but it's also the largest arena in the league so it's probably not the absolute loudest because of the acoustics. I expect a smaller arena packed to capacity with passionate fans is gonna be the loudest so I can believe that Winnipeg is loudest.

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
Caps will blow the roof off tonight. They've been disappointing thus far volume-wise, but that won't be the case tonight. When the Caps fans are loud, they're crazy loud.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hasn't been impressive at all TBH.

It wasn't live either. There are too many lulls in their cheering and they only do it when they are prompted to do so. I was having a conversation during their chants without issue for most of the night tonight.

Certain points they get really loud, like any arena, but they aren't consistently loud. Not a raucous group by any means.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Once upon a time I traveled to Rimouski. Among the locals they started talking about cars, which I know nothing about other than F1. They said drag cars have better straight line speed than F1 cars, which is true. Hence it is how I see the other venues versus Montréal.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The Bell Center is damn loud but it's also the largest arena in the league so it's probably not the absolute loudest because of the acoustics. I expect a smaller arena packed to capacity with passionate fans is gonna be the loudest so I can believe that Winnipeg is loudest.

The Bell Centre crowd has seen better days to be honest.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
I disagree.

The dome was actually disappointing. Entering the series, I wrote in this thread that it should be one of the loudest in the playoffs and it was far from that. I don't know what it was. Nervousness?

As someone who was in the building for every playoff game from game 3 vs Van in 2004 forward, the dome was never louder than it was in both game 3 and 6. Once the Flames advanced past Det in 04, the dome was a little more nervous like game 4 last week.

The Eddie and Miller chants were the loudest I have ever heard there. It's the first time my ears hurt from the cheering.

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
true. But youtube Winnipeg Blue Bombers loudest crowd. We are veeeeery loud we hold 33,422. As I said been to nfl and some college games went to a couple this past season again and was shocked at how much more louder our cfl football crowd was then these crowd's. I expected deafening crowd's. Seattle is probably the crowd I know forsure that is louder than us in nfl.

That's why I stated the link I provided none of those teams are even close to loudest in CFB.

Can you provide me a link to the Bombers? Not to argue at all but because you and the poster below you said that so Id be excited to see that crowd.

My main point in the original was to keep it at hockey and not cut other sports down is all.

Edit: While waiting I reread your post and it said to Youtube it. Which I previously missed.

I did and have to say, I'm most definitely impressed. I had no idea Canadians were so into football. You're almost as insane as we in the US are about football!

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Once upon a time I traveled to Rimouski. Among the locals they started talking about cars, which I know nothing about other than F1. They said drag cars have better straight line speed than F1 cars, which is true. Hence it is how I see the other venues versus Montréal.

As someone who is into both cars and hockey, I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

premedpostfailure

Apr 19, 2014
Vancouver
Only been to Rogers Arena, but what I can tell from TV is that the blackhawks have the loudest fans.

And to people that say loudness doesn't matter, do you not watch games were the home team clearly has tilted ice in their favour? I've seen that before and most people in hockey say they prefer to be at home for game 7.

lampshade*

Only been to Rogers Arena, but what I can tell from TV is that the blackhawks have the loudest fans.

And to people that say loudness doesn't matter, do you not watch games were the home team clearly has tilted ice in their favour? I've seen that before and most people in hockey say they prefer to be at home for game 7.

Excellent second paragraph, please elaborate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->