Who will have the loudest arena?

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Here come the excuses.

If anything, there's more Habs fans for this series than there were in 2013. And there was no ticket policy in effect that year. Montreal fans can still buy Sens tickets on StubHub, I have family that came down from Montreal for game 3. They had no problems buying tickets near face value.

Let's put these bogus excuses to rest. There are less Montreal fans because it's the playoffs, and Senators fans want to be at the game.

agreed, ottawa is by far the worse bandwagon city in Canada

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Amen. However, glad to see it was pretty alive yesterday half way through the game.

Have to give credit to the fans last night. Rogers Arena was the loudest I've seen that place for an NHL game last night. The fans were generally into the game and most wore jerseys. The towel power thing got a lot of fans into the game.

Generally, the fans were also good natured. Obviously some ribbing. However, the vast majority of it was good natured. Even had a Canucks fan invite us out for drinks after the game, despite the fact we were in our Flames gear.

Hab 4 Life

Apr 5, 2013
Montreal
Why didn't you just buy tickets for the games in Montreal? The games in Ottawa sold out much quicker. Would have been much easier and cheaper to just get them on Montreal.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

P.S: I hope you guys can win something soon to get rid of the inferiority complex.

DingoAteMyBaby

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver
Have to give credit to the fans last night. Rogers Arena was the loudest I've seen that place for an NHL game last night. The fans were generally into the game and most wore jerseys. The towel power thing got a lot of fans into the game.

Generally, the fans were also good natured. Obviously some ribbing. However, the vast majority of it was good natured. Even had a Canucks fan invite us out for drinks after the game, despite the fact we were in our Flames gear.

Great to hear.

Whenever there are fights between fans or harassment its an embarrassment.

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

P.S: I hope you guys can win something soon to get rid of the inferiority complex.
not a fan of both. But he us right. Ottawa was much faster to sell out

What is up with Montreal playoff crowds... No longer are they one of the loudest. Since 2010 this crowd has went down hill. Atmosphere is very regular season ish. It's very boring now.

Wpg, nyi, ott, cgy, nsh, min have all had way more fun at their games then mtl. Just seems like the fans would rather be at home

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
bombers games Dec LOUDEST now stays, ssk used to be tho. Since 2011 year when jets cane back, wpgers some how got even more louder

I've been to games for football in nfl many hockey arenas..

Its such a different feel going to wpg games.

I'd love to attend a Seattle Seahawks game...so far igfield is louder then any bro stadium I been at. I expected bro stadiums to be crazy. Maybe its hyped up more then it is ? I dunno but I was bracing myself for loudest event I been at. You will be surprised at wpgers how they engage and other cities. I think us being small city has a lot to do with why we cherish n hang on to every play of our team's. Its pride in community but the atmosphere we bring makes the games that much better.

I don't know what bro stadiums are but hockey does not even compare to football in loud crowds. No offense to us hockey fans but NCAA football fans destroy hockey fans in loudness across the board. There have been seismic readings from football stadiums and they are open stadiums. Let's leave this between hockey fans only. https://youtube.com/watch?v=E9CVx_fQAqY and this isn't even close to best stadiums in football.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Nassau Coliseum and no its not debatable at this point. If they win game 7 .... One of the loudest crowds you will ever witness will take place at the coliseum for the game 3. Come on isles get it done!

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Nassau Coliseum and no its not debatable at this point. If they win game 7 .... One of the loudest crowds you will ever witness will take place at the coliseum for the game 3. Come on isles get it done!

Flames at home for game 6 say hi.

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Coming from a WINNIPEGER...Calgary is the only Arena that just rivaled us this post season. C of RED was going mayham. What an atmosphere.

Great job flames...I'm die hard oilers fan first,and Jets r my beloved second...but I hope you guys go to the cup vs Ottawa.

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
I don't know what bro stadiums are but hockey does not even compare to football in loud crowds. No offense to us hockey fans but NCAA football fans destroy hockey fans in loudness across the board. There have been seismic readings from football stadiums and they are open stadiums. Let's leave this between hockey fans only. https://youtube.com/watch?v=E9CVx_fQAqY and this isn't even close to best stadiums in football.

true. But youtube Winnipeg Blue Bombers loudest crowd. We are veeeeery loud we hold 33,422. As I said been to nfl and some college games went to a couple this past season again and was shocked at how much more louder our cfl football crowd was then these crowd's. I expected deafening crowd's. Seattle is probably the crowd I know forsure that is louder than us in nfl.

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Btw I been to a few of those stadiums u showed was just at Wisconsin badgers game this year and I can tell you this. Our cfl blue bombers crowd was muuuuch louder. It's actually not even close. Wisconsin jump around was so fun tho and slow wave to fast wave. But hockey arenas in edm, cgy, wpg are also louder then some of those stadiums.. I never left deaf like I did in edm and wpg just few days ago. honest to god.

I'd like to go to Notre dame tho. I he're that atmosphere is crazy

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
Calgary was good last night, maybe the loudest so far for sheer noise factor. Isles still the best on the chanting noises imo. Isles potential wasn't nearly met because all there home games were low scoring snooze fests, unlike that series versus the pens where all games were high scoring.

I expect Washington to be very loud in game 7, maybe the loudest yet.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary was good last night, maybe the loudest so far for sheer noise factor. Isles still the best on the chanting noises imo. Isles potential wasn't nearly met because all there home games were low scoring snooze fests, unlike that series versus the pens where all games were high scoring.

I expect Washington to be very loud in game 7, maybe the loudest yet.
We will both (Flames & Isles) have to step it up and meet in the finals to prove who is the best once and for all :naughty:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hartley was saying they were screaming the line changes at the top of their lungs during the third period last night. Couldn't hear each other talking on the bench.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Winnipeg were the loudest by a mile, but, I must admit the noise level at the Saddledome last night was off the charts.

There is absolutey NO way winnipeg was louder than the coliseum was yesterday at ANY point in time for games 3 or 4. I understand winnipeg fans needs something to hang onto but there really is just no way. Isles fans are a different breed of loud. Sorry. Once the isles beat the caps tomorrow tune into game 3 vs the rangers. Saying winnipeg is louder than that crowd is an insult to hockey fans in general.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
There is absolutey NO way winnipeg was louder than the coliseum was yesterday at ANY point in time for games 3 or 4. I understand winnipeg fans needs something to hang onto but there really is just no way. Isles fans are a different breed of loud. Sorry. Once the isles beat the caps tomorrow tune into game 3 vs the rangers. Saying winnipeg is louder than that crowd is an insult to hockey fans in general.

Calgary is probably louder than Isles fans at the Colesium rn tbh

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

What an odd post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad