Who will break out in 2020/21

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I have a good friend that is a die hard New Jersey fan and we were talking hockey the other day... he strongly feels Pavel Zacha is going to break out next season in NJ... I'm not a huge believer in the guy but then again I admit I dont watch NJ too much.

It got me thinking who do others think will break out?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I have a good friend that is a die hard New Jersey fan and we were talking hockey the other day... he strongly feels Pavel Zacha is going to break out next season in NJ... I'm not a huge believer in the guy but then again I admit I dont watch NJ too much.

Truthfully I don't watch NJD games much, but I've never seen much in Zacha in that way. When your friend said he thought he would break out, did he mean as more of a middle 6, two-way guy?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Truthfully I don't watch NJD games much, but I've never seen much in Zacha in that way. When your friend said he thought he would break out, did he mean as more of a middle 6, two-way guy?

Ya he said he has always felt there is untapped offensive potential with him and that he plays a very strong 2 way game. He said he loves Hischier/Hughes duo but is nervous cause of their size and feels Zacha could get more playing time due to being a bigger body.

I'll have to tune into more Devils games!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ya he said he has always felt there is untapped offensive potential with him and that he plays a very strong 2 way game. He said he loves Hischier/Hughes duo but is nervous cause of their size and feels Zacha could get more playing time due to being a bigger body.

I'll have to tune into more Devils games!
Interesting. I know Zacha had a few hot weeks this past season because I picked him up for some spot starts in fantasy, but I'll keep an eye out next season as well. I've seen his name thrown around the Leafs trade discussion as well as a potential fit.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

This sounds like me. Was it me? Are we friends?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Lol... you think he will break out too??!!

I'd certainly like to think so, but there's too much in the air right now to say. A lot is going to depend on who the new coach is. Zacha's only ever played under Hynes his NHL career, and I don't think the two were really made for each other to put it lightly. I think under someone like Gallant, sure I could see him turning a corner and becoming a 50-60 point player. He reeaaally struggles with consistency. There are nights where he can look near dominant in so many aspects. He has a good shot, great passing, sees the ice well, has strong skating and is great on the PK.

There are other nights where it looks like he's just not there mentally at all. There's next to zero effort, he plays timid and doesn't initiate anything himself. He'll sit on the perimeter of the play waiting for it to come to him but then do nothing when it does. That's when he's the most frustrating, when he's complacent and doesn't work to create his own space.

So I think if a coach can help to correct some of those issues, then yeah he could break out. We'll see though, still pleeenty of time before the Devils even play again lol.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'd certainly like to think so, but there's too much in the air right now to say. A lot is going to depend on who the new coach is. Zacha's only ever played under Hynes his NHL career, and I don't think the two were really made for each other to put it lightly. I think under someone like Gallant, sure I could see him turning a corner and becoming a 50-60 point player. He reeaaally struggles with consistency. There are nights where he can look near dominant in so many aspects. He has a good shot, great passing, sees the ice well, has strong skating and is great on the PK.

There are other nights where it looks like he's just not there mentally at all. There's next to zero effort, he plays timid and doesn't initiate anything himself. He'll sit on the perimeter of the play waiting for it to come to him but then do nothing when it does. That's when he's the most frustrating, when he's complacent and doesn't work to create his own space.

So I think if a coach can help to correct some of those issues, then yeah he could break out. We'll see though, still pleeenty of time before the Devils even play again lol.

Good info!... thanks

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Bo Horvat,

He is built like an ox and is physically maturing even more if thats possible.

He has been straddled with garbage wingers from Loui Eriksson , Josh Leivo etc..

However, with the addition of JT Miller, Tyler Toffoli and a healthy Brock Boeser, The Canucks top 6 is rounding into form.

He is a great net front presence on the powerplay and i believe the Canucks PP can be top 5 for years to come

Horvat- Boser- Pettersson- JT Miller- Quinn Hughes.

53 pts in 69 games this year (with garbage linemates)

has reached 60 points before

Just turned 25.

I think Horvat will solidify himself as a true #2, #1B Centre with a potential for a 65-75 point season in the upcoming years.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Does Jake Vrana count or has he already broken out?
35th in goals this year. He's progressed every year since he came in the league, 30 goal, 62 point pace this season.

In my opinion, if next season is to be a break-out season for him, he'd have to hit 75-80 points and score 37-40 goals (which I'm not sure will happen)

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
i feel like Brady Tkachuk will explode for a 35 G 70P season

Definitely. This past season he shot a measly 8% on the 8th most SOG in the league. 21 goals on 259 shots. He is a guy I MUST have on my fantasy roster next year.

Have a good feeling all 3 of Hughes, Kakko and Dach are going to have mega breakouts.

Chytil, Suzuki, Necas, and A. Boqvist some lesser obvious picks.

Also if Boeser can finally stay healthy he is my dark horse to lead the league in goals #BrocketRichard2021

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad