Who will break out in 2020/21

Sideswipe

Aug 13, 2005
Mauritius
Hoping Brock Boeser picks it back up. He will be a year and half removed from a serious back injury. He didn't look the same in 19-20 as he did in his first (full) season. Maybe the extra lay off will help

Reactions: HockeyWooot

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Hischier. Yuck. If he gets the minutes I have no doubt.

on the other hand, I predict Hughes and Kaako will make strides but will have very low scoring output. Imo it will take another two to three years ala Barkov to get the production.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Okay you do that. I'll make sure to circle back here and rub it in your face when he doesn't since you're being so condescending about it.

You do know that 40 points would have been good for 18th in the entire league in points by a defensemen this season right? (thats more than Doughty got this year sweetheart). And a +30 would be 2nd in the entire NHL. Seems even less likely when you consider LA is a bottom feeder.
Roy is a 25 year old rookie who had 18 points this season. So yeah, the odds aren't exactly in his favor.

But since you're SO confident that I'm an idiot and you "will savor" when your future #1Dman proves me wrong, how about a little bet?
I am condescending? Get over yourself, you picked this battle, and you will lose it.

And read the original post again - I said 35-40 points, not getting caught up in some foolish gotcha moment from a keyboard cowboy if he lands on 36.

And yes, I have been here for 18 years, not going anywhere. You want it? Its yours.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I am condescending? Get over yourself, you picked this battle, and you will lose it.
You really can't realize how this is indeed condescending?

And read the original post again - I said 35-40 points, not getting caught up in some foolish gotcha moment from a keyboard cowboy if he lands on 36.
For starters you're attempting to backtrack because you realize you may be in over your head. Allow me to remind you.

I said "Yeah okay sure buddy. You let me know when he hit 40 points and +30 next season"

You respond with
Saved, and will savor that response.

Which indicates that you saved and will savor the moment that he hits 40 points and is +30.
But even though you are extremely confident that those requirements will be met, you're backpedaling to include the "35-40" range that was in your initial post, but not my reply.

And yes, I have been here for 18 years, not going anywhere. You want it? Its yours.

This is my favorite part. Been here for 18 years? Well I'd say no. If you're referencing how long you've been on the site you joined in 2004. Which would be 16 years. 2nd grade math is hard huh?
(Condescension felt appropriate here when the patronizer can't do basic subtraction)
If "here" is referencing this world and you're saying you're 18 years old, well okay I believe that based on your behavior even though I'd have to believe you were a toddler when you joined a hockey form lol.

Also just an aside what's with the whole war motif?
You picked this battle, and you will lose it.

a keyboard cowboy

not going anywhere. You want it? Its yours.
I have to admit the aggression is pretty funny. But really it's just you claiming Roy will get 35-40 points (happy?!?!) and will be +30 next season. I say he won't. It's not that deep haha.

Last edited:

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Hoping Brock Boeser picks it back up. He will be a year and half removed from a serious back injury. He didn't look the same in 19-20 as he did in his first (full) season. Maybe the extra lay off will help

Boeser had a good bounce back year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->