Who will be your team's next captain?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Probably Backstrom. Not very vocal but is universally liked and respected in the locker room.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bo Horvat

So if Sedin retired tomorrow the C would go to Horvat in your opinion? :laugh:

Maybe in the future he will, but I would think Hamhuis is the obvious choice if it were to take place tomorrow like the OP stated.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I think Hudler or Russell would get it for the Flames.

Monahan is obviously developing into our future captain, but if it were tomorrow, those two above would be my choices.

Jun 15, 2014

Maybe in the future he will, but I would think Hamhuis is the obvious choice if it were to take place tomorrow like the OP stated.

Nah, Bieksa AINEC.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014

Yeah I didn't read OP, my bad.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If Leafs traded Phaneuf right now, honestly it might be Bozak. For all the criticism he gets, there is no doubt of the following:

1. Bozak is well liked, maybe the most popular guy on the Leafs
2. Hard working kid. Almost never made college, let alone the NHL, but has worked his butt off
3. Top 6 player
4. Plays whatever is asked of him

As for 3-4 years, I definitely see Rielly as a possibility. Kadri is a bit too full of himself, and a bit of a lone wolf on the team.

I would be upset of Bozak is captain. Same with Lupul. In all honesty I'd trade them this season when Lupul has decent value and Bozak's value is at its peak. I think Kadri would make a great captain for us. One of the hardest workers on the team, plays a good two way game, and is one of the few good players we have that we actually drafted and developed. He also exudes confidence and from what I hear is rather well liked as well on the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad