Who will be your team's next captain?

Aug 3, 2010
For Calgary it's got to be one of Monahan, Bennett, Brodie… outside chances for Jooris or Ferland depending on how they develop.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For Oilers, I say RNH.

If it were today it would be Hall, but RNH is catching up to his quality of play. By the time Ference loses the captaincy, I bet RNH will be our most important player. He's also a very level-headed guy who would be good captain material. He plays a strong two-way game too, which is a great example for the whole team. Hall has that too, but his play comes from his physical gifts like his speed.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
For the Bolts Stamkos will be the captain for many years (sorry Leafs fans), so his replacement may not be in the system yet.

Reactions: MaKarter

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Some unfortunate soul. Seems like every Rangers captain gets riddled with injuries and starts playing like **** as soon as they get the C. I wanna know who this loser wearing 27 is and what he's done with McDonagh.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Trick question. Sharks don't have a captain to trade or have retire so the question can't be answered from San Jose. lol

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
If Leafs traded Phaneuf right now, honestly it might be Bozak. For all the criticism he gets, there is no doubt of the following:

1. Bozak is well liked, maybe the most popular guy on the Leafs
2. Hard working kid. Almost never made college, let alone the NHL, but has worked his butt off
3. Top 6 player
4. Plays whatever is asked of him

As for 3-4 years, I definitely see Rielly as a possibility. Kadri is a bit too full of himself, and a bit of a lone wolf on the team.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Probably Wheeler for the immediate future without Ladd.

I'd say Trouba, Scheifele or Morrissey are all good candidates for captaincy down the road.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I think Giroux will be captain for a long time, but Scott Laughton appears like he could be next in line. He reminds me a lot of a young Mike Richards.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
should be Nugent-Hopkins or Hall but judging by edmontons love of grinding bums as captains it will probably be matt hendricks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad