Who will be your team's next captain?

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
In two days scientists are gping to come up with an anti-again formula that will keep Zetterberg around, healthy, and effective FOREVER.

By the off chance that doesn't happen it'll probably be Nyquist. Possibly Dekeyser.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Anton Lander :sarcasm:

Taylor Hall I guess.

Maybe Fayne as a dark horse. I have zero clue how he is in the lockeroom etc. but being bothy a veteran and a solid player gives him some credit. But I'm not sure how long he'll stick around.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dubinsky, Jenner, or Foligno on the team currently.

Honorable mention to JMFJ, Murray, or Rychel.

C-Dubinsky
A-Foligno
A-Jenner

Just what I would do.

But Rychel?! He has done nothing to deserve a letter and has only played three games?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'd say Darren Helm or Justin Abdelkader, but I haven't got a clue. Zetterberg wears it proudly, for now.

laforest

Jan 21, 2013
Philly
Somewhere down the line i could see Laughton. But if Giroux leaves like tomorrow, One of Simmonds/Streit.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
For the Leafs it would either be Lupul or no one for awhile. I feel like no captain is more likely than Lupul though since Lupul is always hurt. Someone like Rielly or Kadri would grab it after awhile.

:laugh: Lupul is so not the guy you want as captain, listen to some of the scuttlebutt. If it's not Phaneuf in TO then it has to be JVR or Robidas or even Kessel at the other end for the high-skilled guy. Lupul is going to end up traded at some point...

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Sedins will retire in 2036 just in time for Horvat to take the reins.

He will only hold the captaincy for a couple years due to it being kicked out of the league after it is discovered he is a cyborg.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
When Z retires, Dats will probably be gone and Kronner will be close to gone so it'll be one of the young guys. Best guess is Nyquist, could be someone else like Ouellet or Nastasiuk if they establish themselves on the roster soon enough.

But if Z were to be traded tomorrow like the OP is asking it would definitely be Datsyuk or Kronwall, my guess is Kronwall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad