Who will be the next Habs coach?

Jul 6, 2016
How come three organisations so far dumped him after a couple of seasons ?
If it only happen 1x, It could be the team the problem (like what we taught with Florida) but It happen at the 2 place that he coach and I don't remember what happen in CBS but he did last long there too...[/QUOTE]

It happened twice: in Florida and Vegas. And he was not very successful in Columbus.

Each time he lasted about 2 seasons and a half. Always fired during a season, not at the end, or between seasons.

Reactions: Vachon23

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I see Gérard Gallant, a gallant man who speak french when he says his name.
A duo of a Gallant and a Ducharme have everything to seduce the feminine fan base of Montreal.

galantiscoming.jpg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Common denominator: same freagin' players

And since a week and a half , they can't score to save their lives.

They were playing well with Frolik/Evans , for some reason we are stuck with Staal/Leks

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Games at the Bell Centre are already for the wealthy ones.

Can't you get a seat for like 50,60 $? very doable for most if not all.

She took a semi-private course open to the public at a reasonable green fee and turned it into a super exclusive very private club when only members and guests are permitted. Just so she would not have any chance of encountering regular folks,a real piece of work that one is:rant:

Jul 6, 2016

She took a semi-private course open to the public at a reasonable green fee and turned it into a super exclusive very private club when only members and guests are permitted. Just so she would not have any chance of encountering regular folks,a real piece of work that one is:rant:

Her... or her husband Angelil ?

Jul 6, 2016
I'd say the best availble all over the world, even he speaks Russian only.

How come none of the other 30 NHL org ever hired a European head coach except Buffalo, I think ? Would NHL teams ever hired Vigneault, Therrien, Lemaire, Julien, Burns, if they would had been UNILINGUAL ?

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Her... or her husband Angelil ?

She did it, she's a huge golfer. A lot a very famous celebrities would play there and all staff members were forbidden to speak or acknowledge them and grounds for dismissal. She definitely changed since she was a little kid.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

You probably can but's its really close to the roof lol.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You probably can but's its really close to the roof lol.

I went to a game where we sat and the roof was just above us to see what it was like. No point going to a game if you're siting there,much better viewing on the tube,not the same excitement or whatever,depending of course on the game anyways. But man getting fleeced for like 5oo clams for a mediocre product for decent seats, not my money but to each their own.:shakehead

Reactions: Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A scandalous and naïve approach. We don't warrant nor have ever sought the 'best'. It's hard to win a fight with one hand tied behind our back. The circle of inbreeding will continue as the rest of the league laughs at us.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

No matter your mother-tongue, working in the NHL means learning the common language, which is english. Which is why this wouldn't happen:

How come none of the other 30 NHL org ever hired a European head coach except Buffalo, I think ? Would NHL teams ever hired Vigneault, Therrien, Lemaire, Julien, Burns, if they would had been UNILINGUAL ?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A winning organization hires a coach that can communicate with his players and worries little about his ability to communicate with the press. I prefer a coach who can explain why we are winning in English, Russian, etc. than a coach who is able to fluently explain why we are losing in French. The moment you allow any factor other than merit to influence your personnel decisions , on the ice , behind the bench or in management, you have the Montreal Canadiens for the last three decades.

Reactions: sj315

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Guy Boucher being the best at RDS and being french is just too good for the staff to pass up on.
I think he’d be terrible and exactly what we don’t need. Another boring, trapping system that makes it even harder for me to watch than it already is. No f***ing thanks. This guy is not an nhl caliber coach. RDS is where he belongs.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
A winning organization hires a coach that can communicate with his players and worries little about his ability to communicate with the press. I prefer a coach who can explain why we are winning in English, Russian, etc. than a coach who is able to fluently explain why we are losing in French. The moment you allow any factor other than merit to influence your personnel decisions , on the ice , behind the bench or in management, you have the Montreal Canadiens for the last three decades.
Yep, the only factor that should be taken into account is hockey, not language.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad