Who will be the next Habs coach?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Alain Vigneault will be hired in the offseason after Philly fires him...guaranteed,,,why stop a good cycle, right??...:banghead:

...love The Nameless One avatar, btw...my favorite PC game of all time...:thumbu:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's a good thing that Mr. Is Temp Coach Who do You Guys see as Coach of Hab's for next 5 Years? R.

To be fair, taking over a team during a season is always hard, but during this pandemic season, it's just that much difficult to put your stamp on a team.

This is a very challenging assignment for Dom. If it was about fairness, I would bring him back and let him operate with a full training camp, and a season which actually provides the opportunity for him to implement his ideas.

Let's face it, this season has been a blitz, and I think an interim coach taking over this year would just be too busy trying keep his head above water more than anything else.

Now, if the players have some serious concerns about him during their exit interviews, that can change my opinion, but generally, I don't know if he can really establish his footprint under these conditions.

The other side of the coin is that pro sports is not about fairness, and bringing Dom back after a season that potentially turns out to be a failure might be a tough sell to the fans. If it is a failure, there may be a new GM coming in too who would want to bring his own guys in.

In a nutshell, I feel for Dom, and I hope he at least has the opportunity to redeem himself. This may be his only opportunity for all we know, but it couldn't have come at a worst time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
How about hire the best coach available, then pay for an interpreter if we need one. Nobody would care about the french if the Wins are there.

Yes, football clubs all over the world have coaches who don't speak the language, and use a translator.

Something tells me though that the type of people who want to make a big stink about a non French speaking coach will beat that drum just as hard, translator or no translator.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
How about hire the best coach available, then pay for an interpreter if we need one. Nobody would care about the french if the Wins are there.
And what make you think the best coach available doesn't speak french ?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not as convinced as some here that he's just an interim coach.

Because he isn't.

Who else do they have?

Ducharme was pretty much hired to be our in house backup.

We just fired Julien, we aren't going to do Therrien round 3 and Alain is currently employed.

Reality is there is Bob Hartley, Guy Boucher and Ducharme as guys off top of my head who would be considered if they did a search.

Bob Hartley isn't going to be the couch and Guy Boucher is possible given he's been with the habs before but they already have a guy manning the bench now. They'll just keep him.

Reactions: Archijerej

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is Boucahrd actually a good coach or is it the same as Ducharme where its all hype and no substance.

Ducharme may just be the worst coach in the NHL, maybe even NHL and AHL.

It's always difficult to tell from afar. Guys like Boucher and Eakins had built a reputation of can't miss coaches at the nhl level before they got there, and it just hasn't worked out for either of them.

Ducharme had built his reputation with those good Moose head teams, paired with world junior success. His stock was high when the habs hired him.

We just can't get the full picture from our vantage point, and I'm not even convinced yet that I should be making any declarations about whether ducharme is a viable nhl coach yet based on the unique circumstances of this season.

One thing history tells us though is that we shouldn't assume success for a coach at the nhl level just because they seem to be pushing all the right buttons somewhere else.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because he isn't.

Who else do they have?

Ducharme was pretty much hired to be our in house backup.

We just fired Julien, we aren't going to do Therrien round 3 and Alain is currently employed.

Reality is there is Bob Hartley, Guy Boucher and Ducharme as guys off top of my head who would be considered if they did a search.

Bob Hartley isn't going to be the couch and Guy Boucher is possible given he's been with the habs before but they already have a guy manning the bench now. They'll just keep him.
I agree. The only other guy in mind is Bouchard as he's doing excellent in the AHL this year so they might want to bring him in instead if Ducharme and teams flops out of playoffs or doesn't get passed 1st round.
But originally everyone seemed to agree signing both those guys was done to groom for future, so I doubt they'll just give half a Covid season to ducharme.
Maybe a short contract.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Thanks, I would have been banned if I responded, you handled it better

How about responding like a smart person... just like JianYang did ?

The idea is to hire the best coaching candidate based on merits that have nothing to do with linguistics.

If that happens to be someone who speaks French, nobody would be opposed to it.

Totally agree, best person (why not a woman) for the job, regardless of language, so that candidate might not need a interpreter, so absolutely no need to point it out.

Jul 6, 2016
Ducharme might decide by himself to not stay as headcoach of the Habs after this season. I don't feel he likes media and attention at all.

Jul 6, 2016
How about responding like a smart person... just like JianYang did ?

Totally agree, best person (why not a woman) for the job, regardless of language, so that candidate might not need a interpreter, so absolutely no need to point it out.

There are many options out there to get a BILINGUAL coach. Groulx, Vincent, Tourigny, Boucher, Bouchard even Patrick Roy.

New GM could be unilingual anglo, I don't care.

Hockey prez should be bilingual too.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hopefully they blow the whole thing up. Bring in a President of Hockey Operations, hire a new GM, new Head & Assistant Coaches, new Director of Scouting, new Pro & Amateur scouts.

Scorched Earth!!

Only one I’d keep is Bouchard in Laval.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Talk about holding a grudge... lmao

Nope, just holding bullshytters like you accountable for using this false narrative to perpetuate the stereotype...all most Habs fans want is the best coach available, the best players available, the best GM available, etc...we wanna win, that's it...it's hockey, not politics...

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
You know what time it is...

SlightCanineFowl-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad