Speculation: Who stays, who goes

Who stays and who goes

• Total voters

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do you have a suggestion of a team not in the division, preferably one in the east, in the same situation?

Washington, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New Jersey.

All will be looking for a starter and all of them have a cheap goalie the Coyotes can use as Seattle fodder.

Problem is Driedger, Bernier, Mrazek will be out there in FA and Fleury in trade.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The "right price" for Dvorak would not be a price any team would be willing to pay.
If he is traded it would be for a #1C and it'll be about the contracts. He has a great contract so it doesn't make any sense to trade him. My philosophy is who collects the most, great contracts wins.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The "right price" for Dvorak would not be a price any team would be willing to pay.

Not if a team is in a win now window and sees Dvo as the 2C to get them a cup and a piece they can keep for four more years without having to move another player they really like.

I'd move Dvorak for the following realistic players. Picks/prospects to be added to make things more level depending on the player:
Newhook
Rossi
McMichael
Boldy (biggest maybe due to position)
Bouchard/Broberg
Pretty much anyone in the top 15 of the 2020 draft
Dobson (ship has probably sailed)

Moving Dvo would signal a full rebuild. Getting someone who is a year or two away from being an impact NHL'r makes a rebuild happen in a 2-3 year timeframe rather than a 4-5.

Reactions: rt

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not if a team is in a win now window and sees Dvo as the 2C to get them a cup and a piece they can keep for four more years without having to move another player they really like.

I'd move Dvorak for the following realistic players. Picks/prospects to be added to make things more level depending on the player:
Newhook
Rossi
McMichael
Boldy (biggest maybe due to position)
Bouchard/Broberg
Pretty much anyone in the top 15 of the 2020 draft
Dobson (ship has probably sailed)

Moving Dvo would signal a full rebuild. Getting someone who is a year or two away from being an impact NHL'r makes a rebuild happen in a 2-3 year timeframe rather than a 4-5.

I'd personally just rather keep a proven player on a team-friendly contract, which I believe we have in Christian Dvorak.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As with every trade, it all depends on the return.

58 NHL centers were more productive than Dvo. It's not like we're talking about trading McDavid.
As you know it's not always about points, but for the Coyotes it is. We probably over rate DVO because that is what fans do, but I would think we would have to add to DVO to get a more productive player, and right now we can not afford to be giving away anything.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
As you know it's not always about points, but for the Coyotes it is. We probably over rate DVO because that is what fans do, but I would think we would have to add to DVO to get a more productive player, and right now we can not afford to be giving away anything.
That’s just it, right now we really can’t afford to give away anything. I don’t think some posters understand the magnitude of that. When I read about taking on garbage to rid ourselves of OEL’s contract and what some seem to think is a detrimental attitude, or whatever, I wonder what they think perpetual losing will do for this “culture” they want to recreate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
As with every trade, it all depends on the return.

58 NHL centers were more productive than Dvo. It's not like we're talking about trading McDavid.
DVO is better on D then many of the 58 ahead of him in production. I would move him up to 45th on the list based on his overall play. That makes him a mid pack 2C but still a young player with upside. We should keep him, he is our best C at this time.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We have been perpetually losing for over 2 decades.

Feels like 2 decades but we had a little success only 9 years ago.

BBGhe6TCQAAH3KC.jpg

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad