Speculation: Who stays, who goes

Who stays and who goes

• Total voters

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let's not forget about Skinner's contract with Buffalo. ;)
Or Parise, or Lee, or Suter, or Duchene, or Johansen, or Karlsson etc. There are many contracts that are not the best value, maybe overpaid by a couple of million. Every team had them, has them, or will have them and that is the nature of the business. It could be fit with a team, injuries, linemates etc. and that's just the way it is.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Ouch, I voted with the minority on almost every player.
OEL stays because the other teams now knows he is done.
Garland goes after signing an offer-sheat, and there is, surprisingly, no matching of the front-loaded deal. He gets turned into some picks in the 30s and 60s.
Kuemper stays because he is protected in the draft. This is the one where I voted with the majority, and of course the one I'm less certain of. And due to the next player on the list, the will to trade him disappears.
Hill goes as he is claimed by Kraken.
Kessel stays. He has an NMC. He wants to play on a team who can't afford to scratch him, so he can set his iron-man records.
Bunting goes in FA. (Seriously, it isn't about him wanting a 1-way deal? Is that the hold-up? Can't he have that?)

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Y’all might want to add Dvorak to this poll. Craig’s recent article made it sound like teams are really looking at Dvorak and he might be the key to a top 4 right shot to play with chychrun.

I don’t agree with it but that’s what I got from the article anyway

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Duncan Keith to Edmonton for Caleb Jones and a mid-round pick. If Edmonton was ever in on OEL, they’re out now. Chicago maybe might look at him? Are they trying to compete or not? Toews is back. Kane is still awesome. What’s the plan there?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Chicago has De Haan and Connolly to put into a deal, plus an extra second.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sounds like they may be going for Seth Jones, but if that doesn't work out I can absolutely see OEL as plan B. He could be a good mentor for Boqvist too.

Edit: They also know he works well with Murphy.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Another thing I got from Craig’s article is that since Armstrong is dead set on getting at least some value for OEL, we should expect at least a little retention.

If that’s the price to getting a piece that can actually be used, I’d do it. BA won’t agree to retention unless it’s something the team can handle and I think it’s worth the price to get value back.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Chicago makes sense too because Stan Bowman just pulled off a great trade. He must immediately acquire OEL to deflate at least 50% of the fans celebrating the Keith trade right now. Lol.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Chicago could also use a goalie. None of their 3 are worth protecting. Easy source of an expansion fodder goalie.

Really good point too. Kuemper would make a ton of sense. I could also see a three-way with Columbus. Something around the lines of:
To CHI: Kuemper + Fischer, Seth Jones
To Columbus: OEL, CHI 2022 1st
To AZ: CHI 2nd, Connolly, Calvin DeHaan

Have no idea really what Columbus would want for one-year of Jones, but feel free to replace the CHI 1st with a prospect or package coming from CHI that makes more sense.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Don't forget, the Yotes will be sharing a division with Chicago this next year. Will they be ok with trading in division? (Unless the goal is to tank, then I can see it)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Really good point too. Kuemper would make a ton of sense. I could also see a three-way with Columbus. Something around the lines of:
To CHI: Kuemper + Fischer, Seth Jones
To Columbus: OEL, CHI 2022 1st
To AZ: CHI 2nd, Connolly, Calvin DeHaan

Have no idea really what Columbus would want for one-year of Jones, but feel free to replace the CHI 1st with a prospect or package coming from CHI that makes more sense.
That is terrible for the Coyotes.

rt

May 13, 2004
That is terrible for the Coyotes.
It's 43rd overall for Kuemper. Then OEL for CDH who's due only $5.4mil in real cash on the remainder of his deal, and Connolly who's due only $7mil. Kuemper and OEL are due a combined $16mil next season, alone. OEL is owed a total of $50mil.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Chicago could also use a goalie. None of their 3 are worth protecting. Easy source of an expansion fodder goalie.

Do you have a suggestion of a team not in the division, preferably one in the east, in the same situation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad