Speculation: Who stays, who goes

Who stays and who goes

• Total voters

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Not confident in Armstrong's ability to completely turn over the roster in one off season and by the sounds of his tempering of expectations at recent press conferences neither is he. I could see Garland going because he is likely the easiest asset to move, we lose Hill in the expansion draft, and then fill out the roster with 4th liners and 3rd pairing players with "grit". Hope I'm wrong.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I think we kick can down the road with OEL until we get an asset we want. Still need to hit floor and yes i forsee a stripped captaincy. I do think Tourigny can stroke his ego and rebuild him.

Was thinking the same thing. If OEL has a better season under Tourigny and the team still wants to move him, his value should recover a bit (plus the flat cap era will be closer to done, supposedly).

Reactions: YotesFan47

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We're not going to be able to slip both goalies by Seattle and it doesn't make sense to pay a ransom to keep both. Kuemper needs to go, and go in like the next week.

Reactions: 0point1

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We're not going to be able to slip both goalies by Seattle and it doesn't make sense to pay a ransom to keep both. Kuemper needs to go, and go in like the next week.
I think they're going to cross their fingers that Hill slips by and they'll lose that bet. They'll say, oh well, we have a top goalie to keep our new coach in games and our true goalie of the future is Prosvetov not Hill, anyway. I don't agree, but it's my gut feeling of what they'll do.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think we kick can down the road with OEL until we get an asset we want. Still need to hit floor and yes i forsee a stripped captaincy. I do think Tourigny can stroke his ego and rebuild him.
I just can't see any chance at all that OEL's trade value improves. It was a huge mistake not to dump him for whatever was on the table last off-season. That's what happens when a new GM gets airdropped right into the middle of a fiasco like that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we keep Kuemper to move him at the trade deadline then we learned nothing from Raanta.
You can't predict injuries. Turn it around and what can we get is Kuemper returns to his play two years ago? There is no way I expose Kuemper and get nothing in return. Kuemper is better than Hill.

Reactions: Fyreman

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I just can't see any chance at all that OEL's trade value improves. It was a huge mistake not to dump him for whatever was on the table last off-season. That's what happens when a new GM gets airdropped right into the middle of a fiasco like that.
Judging by the 31 Thoughts podcast OEL is done in AZ no matter what. Almost sounds like he’s wanting to go anywhere else.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Judging by the 31 Thoughts podcast OEL is done in AZ no matter what. Almost sounds like he’s wanting to go anywhere else.
Great. So even if he wants to go we're stuck. Similiar situation with Tarasenko in St. Louis. Maybe we can do something with Kessel and St. Louis.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So would I. The Coyotes had excuses when the NHL owned the team, but now, we don't have one excuse, yet we keep on coming up with excuses. We get a new owner and what does he do, goes cheap and hires BA, who also goes cheap and hires AT, both with no experience at their position in the NHL. Built in excuses if we don't win. GMBA had a chance at TTD to make deals for assets but he sat on his hands because he said the players deserved a chance to stay together because of their play, but now a couple of months later his view is totally different. Maybe GMBA can find another Russian or two. That looks like his plan. So frustrating, and how the hell does this keep on happening? Right from the day the players landed in Phoenix from Winnipeg it's been a shit show. It has never stopped because we have not learned from our mistakes. We are consistently turning over our roster with promises from management of better day ahead. Ok, yeah, right.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
So would I. The Coyotes had excuses when the NHL owned the team, but now, we don't have one excuse, yet we keep on coming up with excuses. We get a new owner and what does he do, goes cheap and hires BA, who also goes cheap and hires AT, both with no experience at their position in the NHL. Built in excuses if we don't win. GMBA had a chance at TTD to make deals for assets but he sat on his hands because he said the players deserved a chance to stay together because of their play, but now a couple of months later his view is totally different. Maybe GMBA can find another Russian or two. That looks like his plan. So frustrating, and how the hell does this keep on happening? Right from the day the players landed in Phoenix from Winnipeg it's been a shit show. It has never stopped because we have not learned from our mistakes. We are consistently turning over our roster with promises from management of better day ahead. Ok, yeah, right.

This is the truest thing I've ever read on here.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think OEL and Kessel are gone this summer.

I'm really not sure about Kuemper. If there's a hot market for him, then great, trade him, otherwise we keep him. Hill definitely stays if Kuemper goes. I think he might stay regardless (Seattle picks a forward).

Garland is definitely staying.

Bunting is gone, he's earned the right to go where he wants. Bill will want more size in his depth forwards. Cue Jaskin and Jenik.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bunting is gone, he's earned the right to go where he wants. Bill will want more size in his depth forwards. Cue Jaskin and Jenik.

Jenik isn't particularly large or strong, and Bunting isn't small. His willingness to go to the front of the net made/makes him really valuable, be a shame to lose him.

They buried Bunting two seasons too long, so if he wants to move on I don't blame him.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think OEL and Kessel are gone this summer.

I'm really not sure about Kuemper. If there's a hot market for him, then great, trade him, otherwise we keep him. Hill definitely stays if Kuemper goes. I think he might stay regardless (Seattle picks a forward).

Garland is definitely staying.

Who cares. Wake me up when we win the lottery.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jenik isn't particularly large or strong, and Bunting isn't small. His willingness to go to the front of the net made/makes him really valuable, be a shame to lose him.

They buried Bunting two seasons too long, so if he wants to move on I don't blame him.
Bunting and Garland are not big but play big, and that is what make them valuable. Crouse and Fischer are big, but don't play big. They have hits, but most are love taps. The sad part is we could lose both Garland and Bunting.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018

This is exactly what I am worried about with Hayton. Leave em too long in the AHL and they will lose all loyalty. Bolt soon as they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad