Proposal: Who stays, Who goes

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Do not re-sign Campbell or Bartkowski.

Only re-sign Paille if it is for league minimum or replace him with a Matt Martin type player.

Probably can't afford to sign Soderberg. Wish we could have gotten something in return for him.

Trade Kelly for anything. Even if it's like a 2020 7th round pick.

I wouldn't get rid of Claude or Chia. Whoever replaces them is not going to do better.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/Smith
Eriksson/Smith-Spooner-Connolly
Paille?-Talbot-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Not sure if this is cap compliant. I miss capgeek.

bussalo

Oct 12, 2008
Bergeron, Marchand , Spooner, Pastarnak, Chara, Hamilton, Krug, Lucic stay rest can go

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Xxxx Spooner Pastrnak
Talbot Khokhlachev Ferlin

Time to get a real first line talent. At least one guy who has first line talent, please.

Defence:

Xxxx Hamilton
Xxxx Xxxx
Krug Miller

Maybe put Mcquaid in the 4 spot. This team stinks and the smell is not going away anytime soon.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'd like them to look at trading Lucic for a young quality damn to pair with Hamilton going forward. With Lucic only under contract for another year it would be an ideal situation where you can include Subban to get a deal done. Just throwing some names off the wall that are currently on teams that could use a power forward and goalie prospect and have d that fit that description: Minnesota with Dumba, Winnipeg with Trouba, Edmonton obviously has Marincin and Nurse and San Jose would probably never trade Vlasic but on the premise of need that's technically a fit.

On a side not how crazy would it be, in the event of a Lucic trade, to play Eriksson with Krejci? We know Loui always played his best in Dallas with top line center talent. I wonder what an Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak line could do.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He's not going anywhere, but am I the only one who wants Neely to go?

On the one hand he totally deserves to be held accountable because this decline has happened on his watch and presumably with his blessing.

On the other hand if Cam goes then who the hell is left in charge of hiring a new coaching staff and GM? I'd keep Cam in charge if for no other reason than to have a Bruins hockey guy in charge of restructuring this team. At least you know Cam cares and will *try* to put the right guys in place. If not Cam then who?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I want koko centering a youth forth line. No kelly no soups grinding. Give me koko pie and ferlin with a fourth high skill prospect cycled in

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Campbell, Kelly, Paille, Smith, Soderberg, Seidenberg(if we can find a better D), Svedberg, Bartkowski, Krug, and McQuaid gone.

Look to trade for a young Defenseman to play with Hamilton. Sign Sekera or trade for a similar defenseman to play with Chara:

New D - Hamilton
Chara - Sekera/Trade
Morrow - Miller/Trotman

For everyone but those stated above that should be gone, unless you get a trade offer that blows you out of the water, you roll with those guys and assess how they do under a new coach(if we get one).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Campbell, Kelly, Paille, Smith, Soderberg, Seidenberg(if we can find a better D), Svedberg, Bartkowski, Krug, and McQuaid gone.

Look to trade for a young Defenseman to play with Hamilton. Sign Sekera or trade for a similar defenseman to play with Chara:

New D - Hamilton
Chara - Sekera/Trade
Morrow - Miller/Trotman

For everyone but those stated above that should be gone, unless you get a trade offer that blows you out of the water, you roll with those guys and assess how they do under a new coach(if we get one).

You're assuming the Bruins can trade away Seids and sign Sekera...but if Sekera is available then what team is going to give up assets for Seidenberg when they can just sign Sekera themselves?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
You're assuming the Bruins can trade away Seids and sign Sekera...but if Sekera is available then what team is going to give up assets for Seidenberg when they can just sign Sekera themselves?
I'm sure there will be more than one team looking for a 2nd pairing defender.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

The return might not be huge, but Seidenberg is easily a trade-able player.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I can't decide if we should keep/trade Eriksson and Krejci. Obviously there are positives to keeping both of them but I can also see Krejci getting us a ton back. We've seen both sides of Eriksson's game. If he's the player he was this year, he's a bargain. If he's the player he was last year, he needs to go.

And I'll probably take a lot of flack for thinking we should keep Lucic no matter what.

Remember, the player Eriksson was last year was a guy coming off having John Scott do a number on his head. He wasn't himself after that concussion, but Loui Eriksson is usually going to give you 20 goals, a good defensive effort and be someone who can kill penalties and score, and he's a helluva passer.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Krejci / Seids

for

Roman Josi / Cody Franson ( UFA )

--------------

Lucic / Smith

for

Taylor Hall / David Musil

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

Hall -- Spooner -- Connolly

Eriksson -- Soderberg -- Griffith

Talbot -- Koko -- Ferlin

Josi -- Hamilton

Chara -- Franson

Krug -- McQuaid/Miller

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Thought I remember reading somewhere saying Sekera's looking to cash in big. I wouldn't be willing to give him 5+.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Gone:

Soderberg
Lucic
The entire 4th line
Seidenberg

Possible options in FA:

Matt Belesky (21 G, probably because of playing with Getzlaf, but would still be a nice middle 6 winger)

Paul Martin and Christan Erhoff; Erhoff has been really good with Pittsburgh and is a big reason why they fell apart after he got injured. Paul Martin could be alright at a discount.

Replace the fourth line with kids (Ferlin and Florek,) Morrow gets the call up and a full time role. That would look like

Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak
??????/Krejci/Smith or Griffith (assuming someone wants Smith)
Belesky/Spooner/Eriksson
Florek/Cheap 4th line center/Ferlin or Connolly

Dougie/Chara
Martin or Erhoff/Morrow
Miller/McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

Thoughts? Assuming we could move Lucic for a winger or something, i think that would be a team that would be pretty good. Sekera is probably not coming here so i believe Martin or Erhoff is our best bet on a really bad FA market.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Gone:

Soderberg
Lucic
The entire 4th line
Seidenberg

Possible options in FA:

Matt Belesky (21 G, probably because of playing with Getzlaf, but would still be a nice middle 6 winger)

Paul Martin and Christan Erhoff; Erhoff has been really good with Pittsburgh and is a big reason why they fell apart after he got injured. Paul Martin could be alright at a discount.

Replace the fourth line with kids (Ferlin and Florek,) Morrow gets the call up and a full time role. That would look like

Belesky/Spooner/Eriksson

Dougie/Chara
Martin or Erhoff/Morrow
Miller/McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

Thoughts? Assuming we could move Lucic for a winger or something, i think that would be a team that would be pretty good. Sekera is probably not coming here so i believe Martin or Erhoff is our best bet on a really bad FA market.

Green and Franson are also on the market in the offseason, but I don't even want to ballpark the asking price.

I still don't see how trading away a top line winger helps us -- we're barely scraping by in that department as is. I think if a big trade is to be made, our only option is to ship out a center since it's our only position with available depth. If we can bring in a top D I'd be for it, but they are few and far between.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Gone:

Soderberg
Lucic
The entire 4th line
Seidenberg

Possible options in FA:

Belesky/Spooner/Eriksson

Dougie/Chara
Martin or Erhoff/Morrow
Miller/McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

We're a worse team here. Keep Lucic. Try to move your Ponies (Smith, Eriksson, Kelly, Seidenberg, etc.). That's almost 15 million wrapped up in those players...I'd rather have Lucic over every single one of them.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
Dump the following dead weights:
Ericksson
Smith
Campbell
Kelly
Paille
Seidenberg
Bart
McQuaid
Lucic - don't mind keeping if we can get a legit 1st line stud for him to play with, but also think his better days are behind him.
Chara - go younger
Soderberg - if $$$ is going to be an issue

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
We're a worse team here. Keep Lucic. Try to move your Ponies (Smith, Eriksson, Kelly, Seidenberg, etc.). That's almost 15 million wrapped up in those players...I'd rather have Lucic over every single one of them.

How is Lucic at 6 mil better than Eriksson at 4 mil? I completely agree on the other 3 names you mentioned, Smith is a one dimensional scorer that sucks at scoring, Kelly and Seidenberg are on the back 9 of their careers, but you're grouping Loui in with them?

Lucic is the big body that should be cleaning up goals, but Loui was the only player consistently doing that this year. Lucic no longer brings half the physicality he used to, he doesn't PK, doesn't do much on the PP, is a notorious floater, isn't great defensively, and scored less than Loui this season.

If you want to avoid having a worse team, you may want to keep all the $4 mil 20+ goal scoring, elite PK/ defensive forwards that you can get. Especially if they're putting up those numbers playing alongside Chris Kelly and 2nd half of the season Soderberg.

It's quite obvious you don't like the guy, but it looks ridiculous when you group Smith and Kelly with Loui. Not many guys in the league scoring 20 goals, playing his level of two way hockey earning 4 million dollars a year.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Trade one of Eriksson or Lucic for a top four defencemen. Goodbye Chris Kelly, new fourth line

Keep in mind it is not lines but depth
LW| C| RW
Marchand|Krejci| Pastrnak
Lucic/Eriksson|Bergeron| Smith
???|Spooner| Connolly
???| Talbot| Griffith
???|Khokhlachev| ???

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Spooner Pastrnak

Time to get a real first line talent. At least one guy who has first line talent, please.

Defence:

Xxxx Hamilton
Xxxx Xxxx
Krug Miller

Maybe put Mcquaid in the 4 spot. This team stinks and the smell is not going away anytime soon.

This looks more like it. I'd still build around Krejci on the top line, but it should be open season. There's no way we can roll with almost the same lines again next year.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Spooner Pastrnak

Defence:

Xxxx Hamilton
Xxxx Xxxx
Krug Miller

It's easy to put 'xxx' in a slot but to actually fill those spots with proven NHL talent using the pieces we have is completely impossible. We'll be lucky if we can get a top defenseman or even a single legit top line winger with what we've got to offer in return. Unless you want to fill our roster with a bunch of different C+ caliber players (our current situation), we'd be a lot better off focusing on one solid acquisition.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00