Proposal: Who stays, Who goes

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Thread needs to start cos its bleeding into every other thread in here, use this to say who you want gone, who you want to stay, and who you want to fill their shoes with.

Chara, Seidenberg, Soderberg, Smith, Kelly, Campbell, Paille, Bartkowski, I don't think we really need Talbot, only keep Krug as a luxury but if we can't afford him then we can't afford him.

I would explore what could be had for a Krejci/Lucic package but only if it is an unbelievable return ie Taylor Hall

Chiarelli Claude. But, I wonder where that leaves Neely? He'd have to rubber stamp most moves...

Bruins should start retooling from the back and go forward. Cash in on cap teams, Hawks/Kings

And cash in on rebuilding teams, Sharks.

Also cash in on good 'rentals' from this years playoffs ie Sekera (don't think Kings can sign) Despres (hes a tough SOB), Petry (If MTL can't re-sign him)

Sorry for being biased at D in this post, but to me that is our biggest problem and we need that sorted first, be harder to score against.

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Regardless on what happens Saturday, there needs to be changes. Only a cup appearance will change my opinion.

Chara, seidenberg, Kelly, soderberg, smith, Campbell, paille, Mcquaid, Bart. See ya.
Lucic, Marchand, Eriksson, Maybe krejci. Look for valuable trade options but only if it is right.

Say goodbye to chirelli, and Julian. Oh and since we are starting fresh, jack Edwards can take a hike as well.

It's time for a new era. Get younger and faster.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Keep:
Bergeron
Hamilton
Pastrnak
Chara
Lucic
Marchand
Rask
Krug
Krejci

Get players that play to the Boston Bruins identity. I still think the core is strong regardless to what others say.

Next Year:
Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
()-Spooner-()
Talbot-()-()

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-()
Morrow-McQuaid
Miller

Look to move: Smith, Eriksson, Kelly, and Seidenberg.

Look to acquire:
Dion Phaneuf
Zack Kassian
Steve Downie

All play a bruising style, that fit our identity. This team will be a contender next year. Without a doubt in my mind.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
****, I completely hear you on Jack Edwards, he is absolutely unbearable now. Dave Goucher please. I'd rather McQuaid stay, I think he can still serve a purpose and I don't see him hamstringing the Bs over cash either.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Jesus Christ why are all of you yahoos so enamored with Taylor Hall? Guy can't even stay healthy. Seguin is better team should have kept him.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bring in Phaneuf? Downie?

What is wrong with some of you?

Get rid of or let leave

Soderberg
Paille
Kelly
Seidenberg
Bart
Campbell
Smith - use him to get some D
Miller
Trotman - or put in Providence
Svedberg - or maybe keep if not bring in a reliable vet
Eriksson - if right deal comes around

Vets to keep
Bergy
Looch
DK
Marchy
Krug
Chara
McQuaid
Talbot

As young players to also build around
Spooner
Pastrnak
Hamilton
Morrow
Connolly

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Jesus Christ why are all of you yahoos so enamored with Taylor Hall? Guy can't even stay healthy. Seguin is better team should have kept him.

That is the type of player than can change a game, I can't even begin to imagine how good he would be on a team that isn't hopeless.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No idea who stays or goes, ya miss the playoffs after the success they have had in recent years, there will be change, let`s hope it`s "intelligent" change

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Trade off Chara he has decent value left and is not the Norris level player he was,
Trade off Marchand, again has value but has been a floater too often let's package him as part of getting a legit Sniper,
Resign Soderberg if the money is right with the right coach and on the right line he will develop into a solid scorer,
Trade Seidenberg he's ok but like Chara he's aging and on his downslide,
Campbell, Kelly, Paille, all gone
Keep Krug, Dougie, Lucic, Krecji, Spooner, Bergeron, Pasta, and Rask
all others subject to offers you can't refuse but otherwise keep..
Get a sniper and a number one Dman....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Trade off Chara he has decent value left and is not the Norris level player he was,
Trade off Marchand, again has value but has been a floater too often let's package him as part of getting a legit Sniper,
Resign Soderberg if the money is right with the right coach and on the right line he will develop into a solid scorer,
Trade Seidenberg he's ok but like Chara he's aging and on his downslide,
Campbell, Kelly, Paille, all gone
Keep Krug, Dougie, Lucic, Krecji, Spooner, Bergeron, Pasta, and Rask
all others subject to offers you can't refuse but otherwise keep..
Get a sniper and a number one Dman....

not so sure what opposing teams would offer for Chara at this stage, I do believe it`s not close to what some here think it would be though

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
The usual suspects will be let go but... I think the OP should have asked: which players from the core will be traded. That would have been a more accurate question, IMHO.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Don't want Lucic and Krejci on the team both making around $7 million, especially if Krejci won't be playing with him. If they give Lucic an asinine extension, and keep him with Spooner, don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to keep Krejci.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If we miss, Krejci, Bergeron, Rask, and Hamilton are the only ones completely safe.

Keep Marchand, Eriksson, Pasta, Krug, Spooner, or charge a ridiculous price for them. Everyone else you have to think about moving if the price is right.

Paille, Campbell, Kelly, Bart NEED to go.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am one day away from my ideal situation.

Go to HF archives and see which poster knew 2 or more weeks before Dave Lewis was fired and laughed when Chia came out and said 'Lewis would be back'

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't want Smith, Campbell, Kelly, Seidenberg, Trotman, Paille, Soderberg or Bartkowski back.

I understand that if a new GM is here then one of Lucic, Krejci or Marchand is likely to go.

I'd like to see Khochlachev get a legit shot at centering the 3rd line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thread needs to start cos its bleeding into every other thread in here, use this to say who you want gone, who you want to stay, and who you want to fill their shoes with.

Chara, Seidenberg, Soderberg, Smith, Kelly, Campbell, Paille, Bartkowski, I don't think we really need Talbot, only keep Krug as a luxury but if we can't afford him then we can't afford him.

I would explore what could be had for a Krejci/Lucic package but only if it is an unbelievable return ie Taylor Hall

Chiarelli Claude. But, I wonder where that leaves Neely? He'd have to rubber stamp most moves...

Bruins should start retooling from the back and go forward. Cash in on cap teams, Hawks/Kings

And cash in on rebuilding teams, Sharks.

Also cash in on good 'rentals' from this years playoffs ie Sekera (don't think Kings can sign) Despres (hes a tough SOB), Petry (If MTL can't re-sign him)

Sorry for being biased at D in this post, but to me that is our biggest problem and we need that sorted first, be harder to score against.

Retain Bergeron, Rask, Marchand, Pasta,

Plus we need a new coach.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
spill the beans, Dan.:laugh:

No- I heard Lewis lost room in January and he was gone. Dom knows, Joe knows, my kid was present

This time I don't have that specific right from the horses mouth but if you know the history up to today and Neely background he is an 'action guy' that I got. Sooooo what does that mean ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought about this last night and came up with.
out

1) Chia/Julien
2)Chara
3)Seids
4)Kelly
5)Campell+Paille
6)Smith
7)Bart
8) (Lucic)
9)(Krecji)

With these gone we can be a great team, right now our vets past their prime are killing us, also Lucic is there because there's no way he deserves a raise, if he goes 5y under6M then fine and if Krecji can Bring us Jones then I'm all for it.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
No- I heard Lewis lost room in January and he was gone. Dom knows, Joe knows, my kid was present

This time I don't have that specific right from the horses mouth but if you know the history up to today and Neely background he is an 'action guy' that I got. Sooooo what does that mean ?

Firing Claude without canning Chiarelli would be.... strange as hell. Most of us know that the mess falls on Chiarelli/players well before Claude. Firing the coach would be the easy way out; a cosmetic change that doesn't resolve anything. Fans and writers won't be that blind....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00