Proposal: Who stays, Who goes

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Familiarity and since he showed up in mid 80's he's been nothing but professional and played the game the right way

He is exactly the way I'd want my kid to play- hard, tough, clean, responsible

Super nice off the ice

Bright

Lives here 30 years - he's not an outsider

Knows the players - he could tell you what Spooner likes to eat

Works well with Cam

To me it's such a match other than Gorton I'd consider no one else

And his degree is in economics

I can tell u the hockey folks I know really respect and like him- I'm talking broad scope

SOLD! I loved Donny as a player, and he did go to Harvard.

Logical choice.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Familiarity and since he showed up in mid 80's he's been nothing but professional and played the game the right way
He is exactly the way I'd want my kid to play- hard, tough, clean, responsible
Super nice off the ice
Bright
Lives here 30 years - he's not an outsider
Knows the players - he could tell you what Spooner likes to eat
Works well with Cam
To me it's such a match other than Gorton I'd consider no one else
And his degree is in economics
I can tell u the hockey folks I know really respect and like him- I'm talking broad scope

Sweeney sat there like a quiet sphinx in that conference room on that infamous day that Seguin was disposed of and showed not even a hint of regret, and was just as guilty as the rest of the nonvisionaries in that room. His credentials for GM material are in danger of being overstated here.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Keep for sure:
Bergeron
Rask
Dougie
Pasta
Spooner
Morrow

Overpayment:
Marchand
Krejci
Chara
Loui
Krug

Look to trade:
Lucic (high value)
Smith
Seidenberg

Gone:
Campbell
Soderberg
Paille
Kelly
Bartkowski
Svedberg

Oh and keep Miller. And I guess Talbot since we don't really have a choice. Re-sign McQuaid too.

X-Krejci-Loui
Marchand-Bergeron-x
x-Spooner-Pasta
X-Talbot-Ferlin

Chara-x
Dougie-Morrow
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

That's not too bad. Use Seids, Looch and Smith to bring in a winger and a d-man. Use the money from UFAs walking to bring in the rest. Maybe bring up Griffith to play with Marchy and Bergy.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
How the heck can any posters on this board possibly have the expertise or knowledge necessary to evaluate the work product of Ferguson and Sacco? You're not in the room with them.

At least with Claude we can see his decisions regarding lines and lineup and ice time, and as head coach, there's a certain accountability expected--the buck stops here.

But Sacco and Ferguson? How about Jarvis and Houda? Do they suck too?

Well the history with Sacco and Ferguson has been that they are losers everywhere they have been. Poor choices by Chairelli. Not interested in having a loser mentality in the decision making of an organization. Cassidy in Providence would be another individual that may need to go.
You want to attract good hockey people to build a strong organization.

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts
Obvious ones are obvious, but lets make the harder decisions here.

I think both Chara and Krejci should go if you can get fair value for them. I think Krejci has plenty left in the tank and is somwehere around the 20th best center in the legue, I just think we need big time change here, and he is a guy who should get you a lot in return.

Chara is probably the second or third best Bruin I have ever seen (Bourque and Neely), but his time here is up. I dont want to give him away, but if you can get a first round pick for him, it may make sense. This is now Bergeron's team.

Really the only players I would be upset to see leave are Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Hamilton. The rest could go for their fair values and I would be OK with it. I would like to keep Lucic if possible (very underrated by the true Bruins fan base IMO [not pink-hats]), but if an overpayment comes, you take it.

I'm rambling.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney sat there like a quiet sphinx in that conference room on that infamous day that Seguin was disposed of and showed not even a hint of regret, and was just as guilty as the rest of the nonvisionaries in that room. His credentials for GM material are in danger of being overstated here.
Oh he did

Glad to know

I'll go by my opinion you keep yours

I made the mistake of thinking you were smart enough to think Behind the B was a TV show and not the real inner workings of what goes on

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well the history with Sacco and Ferguson has been that they are losers everywhere they have been. Poor choices by Chairelli. Not interested in having a loser mentality in the decision making of an organization. Cassidy in Providence would be another individual that may need to go.
You want to attract good hockey people to build a strong organization.
Why dump Cassidy in with Sacco and JFJR? He's been a winner at Providence, unlike the aforementioned.

While a few posters may strongly disagree because of loyalty to one player, Butch's results speak for themselves. Spooner, Svedberg, Trotman, Morrow, Ferlin have been pluses for this team. Given the crap he has been given to work with, ECHL rejects and AHL journeymen.

I'm not against canning him providing there is an experienced better option.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

While I don't know specifics, the trade had nothing to do with hockey.

If you don't see that, then I don't know what you can see.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would you guys do a David Krejci for JVR swap?

As for keep:
Patrice Bergeron
Dougie Hamilton
Tuukka Rask
David Pastrnak
Adam McQuaid
Ryan Spooner
Joe Morrow

Possibly Loui Eriksson.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Firing Claude without canning Chiarelli would be.... strange as hell. Most of us know that the mess falls on Chiarelli/players well before Claude. Firing the coach would be the easy way out; a cosmetic change that doesn't resolve anything. Fans and writers won't be that blind....

Stupid is a better word. Otherwise I agree with you 100%.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
Gone:
Loui: Guys a floater can't fit the top 6. Need to clear cap
Smith: Terrible re signing guy also floats I like Ferlin over him.
Sods: Will get pretty good cash as an FA plus with Bergeron Krejic Spooner Talbot you're set at center.
Chara/Seidenburg: both older would love to move the cap space it would be hard however.
The rest of the UFA you let walk potentially keep Campbell as an extra forward if he will take league minimum bash him all you want but he had a good year on the PK. It's not his fault Claude used him wrong
Mquaid the guy deserves too stay he's always solid on D & plays with a bang plus his cap hit should be low

Now let's hope for a miracle Saturday

Peace,

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would you guys do a David Krejci for JVR swap?

As for keep:
Patrice Bergeron
Dougie Hamilton
Tuukka Rask
David Pastrnak
Adam McQuaid
Ryan Spooner
Joe Morrow

Possibly Loui Eriksson.

Don't know if I'd swap Krejci for JVR, can't see TO in a rebuild having any interest in it to be honest. One year too late.

But if I was Boston I would go after JVR. Big body, net front pressence, proven goal scorer.

Wonder if Boston could put together a package with Smith, Griffith(being a London boy) and some other young assets to bring JVR in. His cap hit is a bargain.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Players I want to see back: Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Spooner, Pastrnak, Hamilton, Krug, Miller

Players I definitely don't want to see back: Soderberg, Campbell, Paille, Kelly, Svedberg, McQuaid, Bartkowski

Players that I'd prefer to trade, but seem like unrealistic options: Lucic, Rask, Smith, Seidenberg

Players that I'd be OK with trading/not signing, but don't see it as a necessity: Eriksson, Connolly, Talbot

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I'm sure Sweeney was going to veto that trade:laugh: The GM was in favor, the president was in favor - but the Assistant GM was gonna stand up and say no, and the trade wasn't going to happen?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Obvious ones are obvious, but lets make the harder decisions here.

I think both Chara and Krejci should go if you can get fair value for them. I think Krejci has plenty left in the tank and is somwehere around the 20th best center in the legue, I just think we need big time change here, and he is a guy who should get you a lot in return.

Chara is probably the second or third best Bruin I have ever seen (Bourque and Neely), but his time here is up. I dont want to give him away, but if you can get a first round pick for him, it may make sense. This is now Bergeron's team.

Really the only players I would be upset to see leave are Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Hamilton. The rest could go for their fair values and I would be OK with it. I would like to keep Lucic if possible (very underrated by the true Bruins fan base IMO [not pink-hats]), but if an overpayment comes, you take it.

I'm rambling.

I don't think you would get fair market value for Chara. I would bring him back Seidenberg needs to go in my opinion. With a long offseason to rest Chara should be better next year ,he obviously is not what he once was but I would keep him for another year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think you would get fair market value for Chara. I would bring him back Seidenberg needs to go in my opinion. With a long offseason to rest Chara should be better next year ,he obviously is not what he once was but I would keep him for another year.

If he has to take a surgery I will cry, that's atleast 1 year recovery minimun. Then he is 40 and 2 years older than he was when last healthy.

The point in trading Chara/Seids is the cap space it opens up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely keep:

Bergeron
Spooner
Pastrnak
Connolly(mostly because they just traded two 2nd rd. picks for the guy)
Hamilton
Rask

Part of the solution, wouldn't actively shop but would listen to offers if price was right:

Lucic
Marchand
Eriksson
Krejci
Chara
Krug
Morrow
Khokhlachev
Subban
Miller
Ferlin
Griffith
Trotman

Would actively shop. Honestly I don't want any of these guys back next year.

Smith
Seidenberg
Kelly
Talbot
Svedberg

UFAs I would bring back but have priced themselves out of Boston so bye bye:

Soderberg
McQuaid

UFAs that can not be brought back under any circumstances:

Paille
Campbell
Bartkowski

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I put it out to the league that everyone is on the table come at me with your best offers.

change is needed this will get you change and maybe change you never even considered.

BruinsGM

Jul 17, 2007
Boston/Ann Arbor
The Smith signing is killer. This dude is so weak on the puck that it is hard to watch. It turns out that you spell Smith -- S-O-F-T.

The trouble is that his value is extremely low. He's a floater who can't grind and apparently can't score either who is due $3.5M/yr. Yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

NASCL

Jun 22, 2010
Did all the NTC / NMC disappear while I slept? Not going to be easy.

My choice for GM: Paul Fenton, AGM of Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00