Who stays and who goes?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If we decide to trade Jones for #1C who do you guys think we could or should get? I'm thinking guys like Duchene or Couture. My dream would be Ryan Johansen but that isn't gonna happen I think.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Wennberg and Barzal are both potential 1C. The Main difference is Barzal is the set up type center that will compliment FF9 and perhaps Fiala . Wennberg has been more of a goal scoring center until he made the Jackets team, can he develop sure but that play making guy like Barzal is a better fit for the wings we have on the roster and coming. Either is a crapshoot but if you gonna get that 1C your gonna have to give to get.

To top it off Poile has still gave no indication that he is stepping back from his statement that" Im Happy with the makeup of this team". By draft day we will know if he a to eat those words and it will hinge on getting some of these guys under contract.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If we decide to trade Jones for #1C who do you guys think we could or should get? I'm thinking guys like Duchene or Couture. My dream would be Ryan Johansen but that isn't gonna happen I think.

Couture and Duchene are about the only two that make sense to me, unless we go the veteran route and get Eric Staal, which I am very against.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Couture's been discussed on the trade mains before and seems somewhat plausible.

Duchene would strike me as possible but unlikely; what Colorado really wants is a quality LHD, not RHD. (Someone to play with EJ, basically.)

And Johansen is indeed not going anywhere. ;)

* * *​
Wennberg and Barzal are both potential 1C. The Main difference is Barzal is the set up type center that will compliment FF9 and perhaps Fiala . Wennberg has been more of a goal scoring center until he made the Jackets team, can he develop sure but that play making guy like Barzal is a better fit for the wings we have on the roster and coming. Either is a crapshoot but if you gonna get that 1C your gonna have to give to get.

To top it off Poile has still gave no indication that he is stepping back from his statement that" Im Happy with the makeup of this team". By draft day we will know if he a to eat those words and it will hinge on getting some of these guys under contract.

Interesting. His play here has made him look more like a playmaker than a goal-scorer so far, but it's early yet and things may still develop.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
mynhltraderumors.com

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: "Though Penguins president David Morehouse has said that Evgeni Malkin isn’t going anywhere, Matheson thinks the Penguins should listen to all offers on Malkin.Penguins GM Jim Rutherford should call the Blues and ask about T.J. Oshie, David Backes and draft picks. Oshie and Backes could form a Penguins new second line, with Hornqvist playing with Crosby. Malkin could center Vladimir Tarasenko.
Rutherford could call the Predators a offer Malkin for Shea Weber. Malkin could be reunited with James Neal, and Weber could mentor the Penguins young blueliners.

Malkin for Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak? Kessel would play with Crosby.

The Penguins are the third oldest team and need to get younger. They also need draft picks as they only have one pick in first 120 selections – they don’t have a first, third or fourth.

The Penguins have 14 players under contract for next season at $58 million."

WOAH.
Just crazy to think about. Not buying it or reading into it. But Woah. Lots of big names ha.

van22

May 25, 2014
Weber for Malkin? Yeah let's get that done.

...and sink the franchise when Weber and the Penguins decide to retire him two year before the end of his deal (2M in salary left only) which would only create a 2 x 9.2M cap hit for Nashville but it's still better than if he retires one year earlier where it would be an 18.4M cap hit for Nashville.

More seriously this cap recapture is a real nuisance and I don't see how Nashville can just implement the CBA if Weber ever gets traded because these figures above are still low compared to trades at a later date (there are scenarios where an early retirement one year prior can reach over 30M in cap penalty for Nashville).

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
With the cap recapture penalty, plus Poile's history with trading All-Star defenders, I just can't see Weber going anywhere.

The Fiala and Poile comments in the Fiala thread are really interesting. If he really spends all summer working with the strength and conditioning coach he could definitely force his way into the lineup. The question is where. He's a left wing. Forsberg has one of those slots in the top six on lockdown. Wilson played well as the other top-six left winger this past season. Does Wilson bump down to the third line to improve its scoring depth? Does Fiala slot in on the third line with Jarnkrok and ... Stalberg?

There's a log-jam in the middle six. Assuming Ribeiro, Fisher, Smith and Wilson all come back, anyway.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
With the cap recapture penalty, plus Poile's history with trading All-Star defenders, I just can't see Weber going anywhere.

The Fiala and Poile comments in the Fiala thread are really interesting. If he really spends all summer working with the strength and conditioning coach he could definitely force his way into the lineup. The question is where. He's a left wing. Forsberg has one of those slots in the top six on lockdown. Wilson played well as the other top-six left winger this past season. Does Wilson bump down to the third line to improve its scoring depth? Does Fiala slot in on the third line with Jarnkrok and ... Stalberg?

There's a log-jam in the middle six. Assuming Ribeiro, Fisher, Smith and Wilson all come back, anyway.

Forsberg has played the right side some as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad