Management Who should the Bruins protect at the expansion draft?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I honestly go 8-1

Bergeron
Marchand
Pastrnak
Hall
McAvoy
Carlo
Gryz
Krejci

Swayman

caveat: if Krejci or Hall aren't here at that time, sub in Lauzon

I'd do the 8 and 1: there aren't 7 forwards st this time that are must protects for me. You can leave Hall and Krejci off there- they are UFA and the Bruins would be mad to sign them before the expansion draft and use up a protection slot when they don't have to. So sub in Lauzon, and EDIT: Coyle, because he has a NMC and must be protected as @JoeIsAStud reminds us.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Smith
Coyle
Frederic

McAvoy
Grz
Lauzon

Vladar

I don't think Carlo is ever going to be a reliable player. He has a glass jaw now and that condition never goes away.
Really hate to lose Jake, but if Cassidy is still coaching I don't think it's worth protecting a guy who is not going to fit in the system. However, I don't think Seattle will take him.
As someone stated earlier, there really isn't any player left unprotected that jumps out at Seattle. They probably take Zboril and hope he develops.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Smith
Coyle
Frederic

McAvoy
Grz
Lauzon

Vladar

I don't think Carlo is ever going to be a reliable player. He has a glass jaw now and that condition never goes away.
Really hate to lose Jake, but if Cassidy is still coaching I don't think it's worth protecting a guy who is not going to fit in the system. However, I don't think Seattle will take him.
As someone stated earlier, there really isn't any player left unprotected that jumps out at Seattle. They probably take Zboril and hope he develops.

In your list, I can't imagine they pass on Carlo. Just seems far more valuable than anyone else unprotected. Yes the injuries may limit him, but not to the point where they would take ZBoril first.

Given the ability to protect 7, if I can resign Hall or Krejci before the draft I do it without any concerns. We have room to protect 2 more forwards, without really losing anyone of importance.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Smith
Coyle
Frederic

McAvoy
Grz
Lauzon

Vladar

They would take Carlo and run

Reactions: Estlin

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Jesus people if you’re going to put up a protected list, know the damn rules. And know who has to be protected and who doesn’t. All it takes is a little bit of effort and work.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Jesus people if you’re going to put up a protected list, know the damn rules. And know who has to be protected and who doesn’t. All it takes is a little bit of effort and work.
No kidding…

Also I can’t believe people are leaving Swayman off of their lists! Have you seen him this year?? He looks awesome!

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho

I used the link to the Expansion Draft Simulator, but maybe I screwed up. Are only the players with a green check mark exposed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad