Management Who should the Bruins protect at the expansion draft?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Grizz hasn’t done a good on the PP. Like Grizz but he’s no Krug on the PP

He's not been great, but not terrible imo. The PP looked good with him on it earlier in the season, but the whole thing is looking mediocre now. Outside the PP he's done I think a better job than Krug did. His defending and 5v5 work is better and he is better at clean zone exits.

Reactions: inactive user

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He's not been great, but not terrible imo. The PP looked good with him on it earlier in the season, but the whole thing is looking mediocre now. Outside the PP he's done I think a better job than Krug did. His defending and 5v5 work is better and he is better at clean zone exits.
He is you are correct. Krug was a great playoff guy and awesome on the PP. Two things we need. Don’t like the 7 year contract

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Its not even that....Take a look at who else we would potentially leave exposed and tell me where Frederic ranks in desirability to Seattle?

Lauzon, Zboril (or Grizz if need be), JDB/Ritchie, Lazar, Wagner, Frederic.

If I'm Seattle Frederic is in the last 2 on that list........No way he gets claimed.

I'm not sure I would say no way. Many of their picks, like Vegas, won't necessarily be the player everyone thinks is the best. Depends on who else they take, what's available, etc. They may have plenty of D they have decided to take from other teams and may want a physical 4th line player whose still relatively young and can play W, drafted and developed as a C and will fight.

But if we were ranking the available players based on whose more desirable, then yes Frederic would be closer to the bottom of the list than he would be the top.

Reactions: inactive user

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Did last nights game make any of you rethink what three D should be protected ???? . Should Lauzon be protected over another D ? This is playoff hockey time and a heavy game is pretty necessary in the playoffs

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If he's not protected I'd think Lauzon would be Seattle's pick.

If we don’t protect Lauzy he’s as good as gone.

This has been the consensus pretty much all year. I used to think I'd deal a pick to keep him, but I think we have plenty of depth at LD to absorb the loss. Gotta hope Zboril and Vaak take a step forward, and obviously guys like Reilly or Tinman could be brought back. Losing Lauzon will be a bummer, but every team is losing someone.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If they believe in ahcan they should expose grizz. Dont like 2 dmen under 5-10 in the lineup come playoff time

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
It's like I'm watching a different game. Lauzon and Miller were awful yesterday. Caps completely dominated when they were on the ice.

Reactions: kjpm

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I protect

Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy, Lauzon, Coyle, Ritchie, Smith

DK and Hall are UFAs so they dont need to be protected IMO

We'd lose one of Grizz, Carlo, JDB this way which could/would hurt

Root

Feb 22, 2010
It's like I'm watching a different game. Lauzon and Miller were awful yesterday. Caps completely dominated when they were on the ice.

Context is kind of important, don’t you think?

Lauzon and Miller were matched up against Ovechkin’s line a lot. They are matched up against that line because the Bruins yet again thought they needed to add a one dimensional puck moving defensemen at the trade deadline instead of adding a defensemen that is actually good at defense. Because of that the left side of the defense consists of two puck movers who are average or below average defensively leaving Lauzon (a rookie) as the guy to take the brunt of the hard minutes on that side.

Crazy idea, but since the Bruins are so obsessed with the McAvoy-Gryz pairing, how about playing them against the opponents top line in the defensive zone. That’s how other teams use their top pair, they play them in all situations. I know McAvoy can handle it, not sure about his partner tho. I assume the Bruins feel the same way until I see them do it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I protect

Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy, Lauzon, Coyle, Ritchie, Smith

DK and Hall are UFAs so they dont need to be protected IMO

We'd lose one of Grizz, Carlo, JDB this way which could/would hurt
So instead of protecting 7 forwards and 3 defencemen, you’d rather protect 6 forwards and 2 defencemen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->