Who should Detroit avoid at 4th ?

Who should Detroit NOT draft at #4 overall ?

• RW - Lucas Raymond

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • LW - Alexander Holtz

Votes: 105 32.5%
  • C - Marco Rossi

Votes: 54 16.7%
  • C - Anton Lundell

Votes: 146 45.2%
  • C/LW - Cole Perfetti

Votes: 55 17.0%
  • RD - Jamie Drysdale

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • LD - Jake Sanderson

Votes: 124 38.4%
  • G - Jaroslav Askarov

Votes: 162 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Let's expect Lafreniere, Byfield and Stützle are Top3 picks.

We have that "who should we draft" poll going on, but how about exclude voting?

Who should we NOT draft at #4 ?

You can vote multiple players. Like all of them if you want.

I picked 4 guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: tsweeney

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I voted Sanderson and Lundell, not because I think they'll bust, but I just think they should go more in the 6-9 range, it wouldn't be great value when guys like Drysdale, Perfetti, and Raymond are on the board

Reactions: ZDH

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I think a lot of these guys have huge upside. It wasn’t long ago we were praising how deep the top of this draft is. Now everyone is pissed off and the pessimism is spewing over into prospect evaluation. The only guy on this list I’d be truly disappointed with is Sanderson. And that’s due to him having the lowest likely hood of becoming something special.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
I'd honestly be happy with drafting anyone on that list except for Rossi because I think he's very close to a finished product which would be fine if he was 3 inches taller or already an elite skater but he's neither of those. Add in the fact that he played on a stacked team and I think it's caused him to be overrated by those looking at his stats. I'm not big on goalies but if Askarov is as good as everyone is saying I won't be upset over it. All these players after the top 3 seem to have some warts to their game so this is really a crapshoot.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sanderson > Drysdale for me.

Holtz offers a dynamic that we don’t have in a true right hand sniper. It’s not my first choice, but I could be much more let down than Holtz.

Perfetti and Raymond were in my top 4, and remain there now. I would rather gamble on the upside of either those skaters than accept the “safer” pick in Rossi or Lundell.

Never trust a goalie. They aren’t normal people.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You aren’t THAT special

1hfmx7.jpg

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Sanderson > Drysdale for me.

Holtz offers a dynamic that we don’t have in a true right hand sniper. It’s not my first choice, but I could be much more let down than Holtz.

Perfetti and Raymond were in my top 4, and remain there now. I would rather gamble on the upside of either those skaters than accept the “safer” pick in Rossi or Lundell.

Never trust a goalie. They aren’t normal people.
We shouldn’t sleep on holtz imagine having zadina on the right and holtz on the left. I feel like that would make valeno a decent 2c by default. Also holtz is f***ing ripped.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Askarov. Sorry Bench, taking a goalie at 4th is a modern day Mike Milbury move. The Red Wings aren't making any noise for a few years so I'd rather see how Larsson and Pettru-zilla develop rather than jump the gun and write them off.

I'm not keen on Rossi either. If we go with a forward I'd rather take Raymond or Perfetti because I think think either could be the type of wingers that drive offense as well as most centers. Basically, I'm in lock step with what Hen posted above.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Let's expect Lafreniere, Byfield and Stützle are Top3 picks.

We have that "who should we draft" poll going on, but how about exclude voting?

Who should we NOT draft at #4 ?

You can vote multiple players. Like all of them if you want.

I picked 4 guys.

Can I vote four times for Rossi?

He is the only guy not in my top 10 listed here.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Woops. Voted wrong. Thought it was, who should we vote for. Take one vote off Sanderson,
Add NO votes to
Raymond, Lundell, Holtz, Drysdale, Rossi

I thought you could change votes. Maybe that is just a moderator thing though. I know I have been able to change my vote in past polls.

EDIT: Sorry it wasn't on. Well I turned it on in case people decide when studying to change their votes during this.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsDeking

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I voted for Raymond and Perfetti because they didn't progress much compere to others , also Askarov , goaltenders should not be so high. We need another tread like this in 3 month

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I feel attacked.

I'd be fine with Askarov if were weren't so devoid of talent up front. If we go goalie it seems like we will have given up a great or better chance to fix more pressing needs.

Also don't want Sanderson, as from what I read about him, he sounds like a very unexciting pick and someone who will be a support player and not a core player.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I voted no on Raymond, Perfetti and Drysdale. IMO they're 7-10 range guys, and I'm still not convinced that Drysdale is going to be anything special on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad