Speculation: Who should be the new head coach of the Washington Capitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n62

Oct 18, 2011
Dry Island
Go-go offense is exactly what this fan wants. We have the personnel for it. You want to see Mike Green return to Norris candidacy? Bringing in Lavi is probably our best chance of seeing that. Lavi would love Orlov's game too.

True, it makes for exciting regular season games and it puts fans in the seats. It's just not the best recipe for success in April/May/June unless you have a top-tier D corp and a good goalie. But it sure would be fun watching Ovi on a Lavy system team, I'll give you that.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
True, it makes for exciting regular season games and it puts fans in the seats. It's just not the best recipe for success in April/May/June unless you have a top-tier D corp and a good goalie. But it sure would be fun watching Ovi on a Lavy system team, I'll give you that.

I'd rather have an exciting regular season with hopes for the playoffs than a boring regular season and no playoffs.

Oates was supposed to be that playoff coach with the "in your face" system. That didn't work in the slightest.

Burakovsky95*

Laviolette, Trotz, Blashill, Haviland, Boucher, Keenan, Stevens are all names I've seen thrown around

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
What about that "grab your sack" guy?

Trotz never had much to work with in Nashville other than Weber and Suter. I'd be interested to see what he could do with some talent.

Last edited:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
I'm not a really knowledgeable hockey person at all, but I'm a decent fan and I wanted to get some more knowledgeable critiques of some guys I've liked. This thread is enough to make me want Laviolette over these two, but I'd still like to see why people don't like them:

Guy Boucher and Jacques Martin.

I think Martin is a big reason why Pitt's D seemed pretty stout this season even with all the injuries. Is he an option at all?

As for Guy Boucher, I just think he got shafted by TB for results that weren't necessarily his fault. Although it did seem that he did not adjust to the league's adjustment to his system very well.

I'll hang up and listen.

PucktotheHead

Jan 11, 2014
Virginia
My guess is Bylsma gets axed if the Pens get bounced and Martin takes the team over. I might be wrong but I think Boucher signed an extension in Winnie a month or so ago so....

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Babcock isn't going anywhere, but if he does end up on the outs - you do everything you can to get him to DC.

I'm skeptical of Trotz given the personnel here. I don't watch a ton of NSH games, but I don't see any indication that he wants to play a more balanced game.

What would everyone think of DeBoer if NJ were to move on?

DeBoer plays dump & chase system similar to Oates, and he's not getting fired.

capswon

May 7, 2012
Haviland good god no! All for authoritarian but imo went to the whip too many times in Hershey. Dineen has done well at his previous stops. Can still remember him and BB having a shouting match in the Arena before game 7 of the Eastern Conf. finals quite comical. But the boys had BB's back.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Syn1nzv.png

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
How is Keenan still showing up on these lists?
He interviewed last time around--same as Haviland, who otherwise also wouldn't appear here--and is on his way towards winning the Gagarin Cup. He seems to have mellowed out a bit with time. I don't think Haviland, Gulutzan, Dineen or Housley have what they're looking for. The others...maybe so.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They should be quick to pick up the phone if Sharks complete that collapse against the Kings. I would love to see McLellan in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad