Speculation: Who, on the Team, Has Checked Out?

Derfel*

If I were to guess it would be Ladd (Is likely distracted by the contract situation and it's effecting his focus on the ice). Trouba hasn't been as good this year and might be another player. Hutch can't get his game on track and could be another. I have a hard time lumping rookies in here but maybe the Wheeler is trying to challenge them to make strides quicker. Lowry and Burmie likely fall under the category of under performing so could be lumped I the list.

I just assumed Hutchinson was one of them for sure, but it isn't like he's played very much. Maybe it's an energy thing on the bench (seems disinterested during play, very quiet) and in the room with Hutch?

Derfel*

Don't confuse talent or even effort for what Wheeler and Little are talking about. Only they know who. I doubt we'll ever find out.

Bingo! Kind of the point I was making earlier - this isn't just an on-ice thing, I bet. Could be the guy you least expect.

Beyond that - maybe it's a core of player than include Wheeler/Little that are the "real issue", being belligerent or not helpful to the younger players?

We. Do. Not. Know.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Don't confuse talent or even effort for what Wheeler and Little are talking about. Only they know who. I doubt we'll ever find out. But it will be things like:

- Not taking care of fitness
- Not paying attention to new schemes put forward by coaches
- Not paying attention to scouting reports
- Not putting in extra effort during practices

Do we have access to any of this? Not likely. We know Ladd has been in a bit of a funk, but is that related to his surgery? Look at the last game, Wheeler was a mess. It seemed like he was trying too hard and overskating every single puck, then falling down, bobbling it, etc..

I've also said this before. If you want to shake up the team, you trade someone everybody likes.

Thorburn?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bingo! Kind of the point I was making earlier - this isn't just an on-ice thing, I bet. Could be the guy you least expect.

Beyond that - maybe it's a core of player than include Wheeler/Little that are the "real issue", being belligerent or not helpful to the younger players?

We. Do. Not. Know.

X Files

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just assumed Hutchinson was one of them for sure, but it isn't like he's played very much. Maybe it's an energy thing on the bench (seems disinterested during play, very quiet) and in the room with Hutch?

Yeah we have no idea what kind of teammate he is behind closed doors. He could be very supportive of Helle or he could be raising a big stink or mopping because he's not playing.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yeah we have no idea what kind of teammate he is behind closed doors. He could be very supportive of Helle or he could be raising a big stink or mopping because he's not playing.

I remember a well known reporter tweeting me about Hutch, he said that he's the most positive and upbeat person you will ever meet.

Derfel*

Anyone think maybe Slater's calmness and mentorship is the missing piece to the puzzle this season?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
It's gotta be Buff or Ladd (both maybe). If it wasn't one of the leaders in the room, Buff would have taken care of business similar to what he did last year to Kane.
Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Well then - speculation #1 - it's Myers. The timing of the comment seems tied to his major penalty. Myers isn't buying in, and it's costing the team.

Speculation #2 - Stafford. He's new to the team (mid-season add) and while he's producing recently maybe he isn't "buying in" to the team's needs, or he isn't making enough sacrifices in Wheeler's/Little's eyes.

Speculation #3 - Burmistrov. Comes back to the team with a "new attitude", but doesn't put up numbers and doesn't change his style of play. Biding his time with the team, isn't connecting with his linemates, etc.

(Any of those are about as likely, in my opinion, as any above.)

Lol...still bringing it.

Staff, Myers and Burmi are all in. Some people actually do know whats going on....believe it or not.

Derfel*

I remember a well known reporter tweeting me about Hutch, he said that he's the most positive and upbeat person you will ever meet.

Easy to be upbeat when you are playing lights-out and everybody is talking about getting you to the all-star game... different story when you are the odd-man out.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Yes, the backup goalie's attitude is what really stirs the drink in the locker room.

:)sarcasm:)

Derfel*

Lol...still bringing it.

Staff, Myers and Burmi are all in. Some people actually do know whats going on....believe it or not.

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Anyone think maybe Slater's calmness and mentorship is the missing piece to the puzzle this season?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I say we bring back Hainsey if it's a package deal with Lynk. Lynk was a beauty!

Derfel*

Yes, the backup goalie's attitude is what really stirs the drink in the locker room.

:)sarcasm:)

One of them, I said.

I think the very premise of this thread is flawed, but it's a "speculation" thread, so I'm speculating?

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets have been playing a lot like they did under Noel at the end. I think you have to look at the players who were here under Noel and are still here now. The players Wheeler and Little are referring to are those that were here under both coaches.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It's gotta be Buff or Ladd (both maybe). If it wasn't one of the leaders in the room, Buff would have taken care of business similar to what he did last year to Kane.
Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

I think it's more than one or two guys.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Easy to be upbeat when you are playing lights-out and everybody is talking about getting you to the all-star game... different story when you are the odd-man out.

I should've qualified, this was in Boston.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Seriously though. What has Zinger done since Burrows.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Jets have been playing a lot like they did under Noel at the end. I think you have to look at the players who were here under Noel and are still here now. The players Wheeler and Little are referring to are those that were here under both coaches.

I think we have to look at Noel again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad